PDA

View Full Version : Do Not D/l Messenger Plus Update

quiksilver_aus
04-24-2004, 11:22 PM
i thought it would be safe to download the update to messenger plus! 2. it popped up saying that an update was available, and 3MB later, my comp was swarmed with fuckin search bars and spyware stuff.

DO NOT DOWNLOAD IT!!!

i already ran adaware 6 once, and it didnt even catch everything!! i still have a funky looking searchbar in IE, and desktop icons that need to be removed. because the update is so new, im sure that adaware hasnt updated its spyware catching lists.

it seems like the ppl at messenger plus havent been making too much loot with their freeware, so they decided to add some anoying shit to it

sArA
04-25-2004, 12:48 AM
I also got the e-search toolbar,

I just googled in 'e-search uninstaller' and got rid.

Its a bit of a liberty though,

I also seem to be getting people signing in that I don't know...

I think I am gonna uninstall it (if it will let me&#33;&#33;&#33; <_< :D

true_neo
04-25-2004, 02:06 AM
you are both to blame for this.
Why is it that only n00bs get those searchbars? Because you dont read what you install.
You all just click right past it and then whine about the nasty spyware (which is BULLSHIT, its ADWARE) you get on your precious little computers (which is also getting hacked about 19 times a day because your safe XP firewall doesnt do shit).
Abovementioned ADWARE can also be removed by uninstalling Plus&#33; itself.

Im just so fucking sick of people whining about the god damn adware.
You all are so stupid, there is no way in fuck got got spyware from plus without you installing the sponsor out of your own free will. :angry: :angry: :angry:

Next time you install a fucking program, how about you read that one god damn sentence which will determine what is installed and what is not. :angry: :angry: :angry:

It clearly says:

I ACCEPT, install the sponsor program () (THIS IS THE ADWARE)
I REFUSE, do not install the sponsor program () (THIS IS THE ADWARE-FREE INSTALL)

Choose refuse, and no adware will be installed.

But you already fucked yourselves over by trying to get rid of it all using Adaware, you have to do the following:

a) Get glasses :angry:
B ) Reinstall plus WITH (&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;) the ADWARE
c) Learn how to read English, or how to use the language switcher :angry:
d) Uninstall Plus
e) Actually read what it says for 3 secs before clicking :angry:
f) Reinstall Plus without the adware
g) Stop being stupif n00bs, and check out their support forums before using your own stupidity to badmouth this excellent program. :angry:

Seriously this is pissing me off....
PLEASE READ NEXT TIME&#33; FFS&#33; :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Marius24
04-25-2004, 02:39 AM
Originally posted by true_neo@25 April 2004 - 02:06
Why is it that only n00bs get those searchbars? Because you dont read what you install.
You all just click right past it and then whine about the nasty spyware (which is BULLSHIT, its ADWARE) you get on your precious little computers (which is also getting hacked about 19 times a day because your safe XP firewall doesnt do shit).

You all are so stupid, there is no way in fuck got got spyware from plus without you installing the sponsor out of your own free will. :angry: :angry: :angry:

Next time you install a fucking program, how about you read that one god damn sentence which will determine what is installed and what is not. :angry: :angry: :angry:

It clearly says:

I REFUSE, do not install the sponsor program () (THIS IS THE ADWARE-FREE INSTALL)

But you already fucked yourselves over by trying to get rid of it all using Adaware, you have to do the following:

B ) Reinstall plus WITH (&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;) the ADWARE
d) Uninstall Plus
g) Stop being stupif n00bs, and check out their support forums before using your own stupidity to badmouth this excellent program. :angry:

PLEASE READ NEXT TIME&#33; FFS&#33;&nbsp; :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:
WELL SAID&#33; Damn noobs dissin PLUS just becasue they cannot read&#33; :angry: <_<

danyj
04-25-2004, 02:49 AM
Originally posted by true_neo@24 April 2004 - 21:06

It clearly says:

d) Uninstall Plus

Thats right&#33;&#33; Tell em how it&#39;s done true_neo&#33;&#33;&#33; :lol:

Chevy
04-25-2004, 02:53 AM

It clearly says:

Was just about to post that when I saw the title :lol:

maybe not as harshly though :lol:

gungrave
04-25-2004, 03:29 AM

It clearly says:

d) Uninstall Plus

:lol:
i never read any thing.
i just unclick stuff that says tool bar and shit like that.

them 2 noobs got told, nice job :lol:

delphin460
04-25-2004, 04:26 AM
lol, i so agree with that statement that its scary

the , " next,next,next,finish generation " deserves anything they get

knowledge is power, reading is a skill , common sense well some ppl just dont have it

Supernatural
04-25-2004, 04:58 AM
Agreed. They should be shot for their incompetence.

3RA1N1AC
04-25-2004, 05:00 AM
MSN Messenger is crap anyway. all y&#39;all are a bunch of super nubs. :angry:

Xilo
04-25-2004, 05:52 AM
Originally posted by 3RA1N1AC@24 April 2004 - 23:00
Go fux0rz your mom. It&#39;s better than that shit from yahoo, aol, and icq.

tesco
04-25-2004, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by 3RA1N1AC@25 April 2004 - 00:00
stfu, msn kicks aol&#39;s&#092;yahoo&#39;s&#092;icq&#39;s ass.

Mr. Blunt
04-25-2004, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by 3RA1N1AC@24 April 2004 - 21:00
Agreed. :01:

{I}{K}{E}
04-26-2004, 07:12 AM
LOL you noobs :P

YOu should not go click -> click -> click in a installer, you should READ the content &#33;&#33;

you can choose if you cant the adds or not :lol:

this option is there since the last 15 versions or so.. :lol:

Bebi
04-26-2004, 08:32 AM
lol, amusing.

Storm
04-26-2004, 08:46 AM
funny part is that with the newer versions of msn+ you have to click the "install the sponsor" thing cause 2 many ppl complained that they just "click, click, click..... wehhhhhhh, i got ads :&#39;( "............ seems that didnt even help :lol: LMAO

sArA
04-27-2004, 11:23 PM
Ok, Ok.....point taken, and boy should I know better....Not a noob but stooobpid&#33; :">

Must have been stoned that day :lol:

Bebi
04-27-2004, 11:47 PM
my findings about this update are - if you get prompted to download the plus&#33; plugin and download it from there then yes you get ads cos the program doesnt give you a NO options since its all auto but if you install it manually by going to their website you get the YES/NO to sponsors, so basically if it prompts you to update and you download it then yes you get ads but going to http://www.msgplus.net and getting it from their you get no ads if you choose NO.

GrubMe
04-28-2004, 12:14 AM
Yeah I do that.
There is an option to unclick the agreement and let&#39;s you install anyways.
Since many people complained about the spyware installation without an agreement not too.

So you learned your lesson to read the terms of agreement.

SeK612
04-28-2004, 12:48 AM
This happened to me as well.

I was trying to get rid of the ads and those toolbar things in MSN 6 so I downloaded the latest version of the MSN plus patch.

I did note that they stated it came with "ad support" but you could opt out and I was looking for a box to uncheck.

I didn&#39;t notice that they had set it up so you could opt out on the agreement form (its kinda misleading if your not looking for it) and ticked "yes" without thinking.

I didn&#39;t get a search bar but there were some ads which I had to remove and some stuff tried to dial out through my firewall :(