PDA

View Full Version : Outlook Express Filter For Imap Server

Wolfmight
04-25-2004, 06:08 PM
;) I need to help someone who currently has his email coming to outlook express through an IMAP server at compuserve. He cant change the email server right now and is looking for a way to only show emails containing "eBay" in the Title and/or Subject feild.

I already tried mail rules, and those cannot apply to compuserv's IMAP server.
Now the email is downloaded and stored onto his hardrive, so there's gatta be another way to sort through it..

Maybe could I force the IMAP server email to goto the local INBOX? Wouldnt mind if it only had to copy each email to it (meaning they would be in both folders at the same times).

thanks for any help.

harrycary
04-26-2004, 02:25 AM
I already tried mail rules, and those cannot apply to compuserv's IMAP server.
Now the email is downloaded and stored onto his hardrive, so there's gatta be another way to sort through it..

A mail server (IMAP, POP3, etc.)has nothing to do with how or whether Outlook message rules work. You should have no problem designating any mail from Ebay to do with as you wish.

If you can't make it work than there is a short between your keyboard and your chair.

UcanRock2
04-26-2004, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by harrycary@26 April 2004 - 02:25
If you can't make it work than there is a short between your keyboard and your chair.
Easy Simba&#33;&#33;&#33; <_<

Outlook Express, through my ISP, uses a POP3 server...sorry no help here.

I.am
04-26-2004, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by harrycary@25 April 2004 - 19:25
If you can&#39;t make it work than there is a short between your keyboard and your chair.
:lol: Thats a new one :lol:

He is right. Mail rules have nothing to do with pop or imap server. The rules sort the mails out locally so you shouldnt have problem delivering them to inbox or a seperate folder ebay. Dont forget to "Apply" :D