PDA

View Full Version : Just Got Soulseek

Smith
04-28-2004, 01:26 AM
i just got slsk, and i joined the kl board room.

when i right clikc on someoen and click browse files, it says they have no files.

anyone know whats causing this?

also, could everyone in the room please add thecanuk
?

thanks

NightStalker
04-28-2004, 01:34 AM
Originally posted by http://www.slsknet.org/faq.html
Q: Why can't I browse some people's file list?

A: Again, the nature of peer-to-peer. Not every person can browse every other person. Everything from routing problems to firewalls (usually firewalls) can stop two users from creating a connection over which to transfer data. Not being able to browse other users is extremely common (and unavoidable). This is much more true if you are yourself firewalled or behind a router.

Smith
04-28-2004, 01:35 AM
but i fowarded my router, and i still cant do it.

whats causing his?, can i fix it?

4th gen
04-28-2004, 02:03 AM
If the user you're trying to browse shares list only, you may not be on their list. If this is the case, a search of their files will result in "No files shared" :)

Tikibonbon
04-28-2004, 02:25 AM
Originally posted by NightStalker+28 April 2004 - 01:34--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (NightStalker @ 28 April 2004 - 01:34)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-http://www.slsknet.org/faq.html
Q: Why can&#39;t I browse some people&#39;s file list?

A: Again, the nature of peer-to-peer. Not every person can browse every other person. Everything from routing problems to firewalls (usually firewalls) can stop two users from creating a connection over which to transfer data. Not being able to browse other users is extremely common (and unavoidable). This is much more true if you are yourself firewalled or behind a router. [/b][/quote]
it tends to say "error getting file list" when this is the problem

Smith
04-28-2004, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by 4th gen@28 April 2004 - 02:03
If the user you&#39;re trying to browse shares list only, you may not be on their list. If this is the case, a search of their files will result in "No files shared" :)
thx dude, that did it. downloding stuff off callum riught now.

still could everyone with soulseek on this board please add thecanuk?

and, i plan in the next week, mabye over the weekend to add a shit load of stuff from the beetles greatest hits 4CD collection.

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
04-28-2004, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by TheCanuk+28 April 2004 - 17:03--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TheCanuk &#064; 28 April 2004 - 17:03)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-4th gen@28 April 2004 - 02:03
If the user you&#39;re trying to browse shares list only, you may not be on their list. If this is the case, a search of their files will result in "No files shared" :)
thx dude, that did it. downloding stuff off callum riught now.

still could everyone with soulseek on this board please add thecanuk?

and, i plan in the next week, mabye over the weekend to add a shit load of stuff from the beetles greatest hits 4CD collection. [/b][/quote]
;) No you do not add stuff from it.You add all 4 CDs.

:P CDs only.No singles.Read the Rules. :P

Smith
04-28-2004, 11:50 PM
thats wut i ment, sorry :01:

dunn worrie, im not that much of a noob

i think im one of the rare ppl who read the pinned stuff B)