PDA

View Full Version : Video/audio File Auto-loop On A Cd-r./help!

john3232
04-29-2004, 06:48 AM
I copied a video/audio file auto-loop on a CD-R. It plays just fine on the computer. But on the dvd only the video shows up. No audio. The dvd plays MP3, CD-Rom,as well. ANd my MP3's work.

What went wrong? On the screen I get the symbol for "unavailable" audio. From all I read I copied the data in Mode 2 if that makes a difference. I would guess it haas something to do with the CD-ROM drive in the dvd player equipment. Should I have used a CD-RW?

Thanks!!

Xero Grid
04-29-2004, 07:03 AM
A CD-RW just means that you can erase the disk and use it again, but in my experiences, they are more fragile.

When you say you copied a video/audio file, what do you mean? Did you encode an avi file to make a VCD? What program did you use. It only helps to give more information.

-- Xero Grid --

john3232
04-29-2004, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by Xero Grid@29 April 2004 - 07:03
A CD-RW just means that you can erase the disk and use it again, but in my experiences, they are more fragile.

When you say you copied a video/audio file, what do you mean? Did you encode an avi file to make a VCD? What program did you use. It only helps to give more information.

-- Xero Grid --
I am using Easy Creator6 and their PhotoRelay. I added JPEG photos and then used the Ph/Relay's command: Record Audio. After completing all photos and each recording, I made a NEW file with a continuum of photos and then attached their audios. I went to "Slide SHow" which had me copy the session to a CD_R, but not Finalized CD-R. I played it on my dvd but the audio button sent an "unauthorized" symbol. I returned to Ph/Relay, repeated the process of "slide show" and recording to another CD-R and Finalized the CD-R. I might add that when I copy from Ph/Relay a message pops up that it is using "Mode 2" and I cannot copy onto a CD with another program that was copied in "Mode 1". (Which I am not doing. I use a new cd each time. And of course, my supply is dwindling rapidly!)
I still can view the JPG Photos "slide show" but still no audio. My dvd player states it can play MP3 and CD-ROM and JPEG. What am I missing here? I am referencing "Complete Idiot's Guide to Creating your own cd's",copyright 2001 as well as the manual with my dvd. The slide show and its Audio work just fine on the computer. Just not my dvd.

Thanks.