PDA

View Full Version : What Is A Dvd Screener?

healimonster
03-14-2003, 11:26 PM
The words in its' name would suggest a DVD that is released to the press and VIPs to screen the movie prior to its widespread release.

My question lies in the fact that someone posted a hash claming it was a high quality DVD rip not a DVD screener. Wouldn't they be of the same quality?

Or is it a practice for the movie creators to release low quality DVD screeners?

Rocktron
03-14-2003, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by healimonster@15 March 2003 - 00:26
The words in its' name would suggest a DVD that is released to the press and VIPs to screen the movie prior to its widespread release.

My question lies in the fact that someone posted a hash claming it was a high quality DVD rip not a DVD screener. Wouldn't they be of the same quality?

Or is it a practice for the movie creators to release low quality DVD screeners?
A DVD screener is released for the film critics! To see if it's good enough for a Oscar or any other price!
If someone releases a dvd screener when it's not.. shit man shit happens!

What is your question really?

healimonster
03-14-2003, 11:39 PM
the quality of the movie (audio and video) why would the quality of a dvd screener rip be any different from a regular blockbuster dvd rip

Shinigami_[R.I.P.]
03-14-2003, 11:44 PM
ShareDaddy is the man to ask IMO. :D

To me though, they're both DVD quality so it shouldn't matter much. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

Jibbler
03-15-2003, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by healimonster@14 March 2003 - 18:26

Sometimes its hard to get a straight answer. A DVD screener and a DVD rip are the same quality, however the screener will usually have some sort of scrolling message on the screen advising people to call 1-800-NOCOPYS or something similar. A DVD rip comes from the retail version of the DVD, no scrolling messages.--

Jibbler

P.S. There are low quality screeners, like those ripped from VHS. The Star Trek Nemesis version that is floating around is a VHS screener.