PDA

View Full Version : Basketball Fan's Question

BigBank_Hank
04-29-2004, 07:52 PM
I'm not a basketball fan but I'm wondering if fans hate the Lakers because they buy up all the best players all the time? I'm a baseball fan and I can't stand the Yankees because they always win and they get the buy up the best players every year. Is there sort of the same thing in basketball? Just curious.

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
04-29-2004, 08:20 PM
;) Pretty much it is because of kobe bryant.And it is not that he is getting ready to go to trail over Rape.Even though that has hurt his reputation maybe more then anything.

Its just how he Plays.

jetje
04-29-2004, 10:35 PM
Kobe has some great plays, but also has an attitude... although i like the Shaq guy (think it's a nice guy) i really think they let him go away with not whistling fouls they give to centers with a less bigger eh... name.
But i kinda like them because of the spectacle they can bring, as long as they don't win in the end... but that's probably because i'm in favor of the underdog teams from the east like the nets... less money but some great team spirit and a fabulous jason Kid B)

Busyman
04-29-2004, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by BigBank_Hank@29 April 2004 - 15:52
I'm not a basketball fan but I'm wondering if fans hate the Lakers because they buy up all the best players all the time? I'm a baseball fan and I can't stand the Yankees because they always win and they get the buy up the best players every year. Is there sort of the same thing in basketball? Just curious.
The Lakers don't buy up the best players at all. Where'd you get that from?

Kobe and Shaq were already there. Other than that everyone else is mediocre.

Karl and Gary took a pay cut to play there with Shaq.

They want a ring before they retire.

Keep in mind there is a salary cap to prevent what you are talking about.

BigBank_Hank
04-30-2004, 03:05 AM
Well maybe not buy up all the good players then but just win all the damn time.

I'm kind of like jetje I like the underdogs to win. Even thought I don't follow the sport closely I want Minnesota to win. Just because they always get booted in the first round and never seem to make it far.

Busyman
04-30-2004, 05:01 AM
Originally posted by BigBank_Hank@29 April 2004 - 23:05
Well maybe not buy up all the good players then but just win all the damn time.

I'm kind of like jetje I like the underdogs to win. Even thought I don't follow the sport closely I want Minnesota to win. Just because they always get booted in the first round and never seem to make it far.
I'm pullin' for 'em too.

I also like Sac.

Keep in mind the Lakers have the most dominent center and a preeeetty good shooting guard. ;)

The coach ain't too bad either. Seems to come to ready made champion teams though.

Rappy
04-30-2004, 02:04 PM
I hate the Lakers im getting sick of hearing about them all the time come on where are you celtics fans? we are the most historic franchise in basketball

brotherdoobie
04-30-2004, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by Busyman+29 April 2004 - 18:18--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Busyman @ 29 April 2004 - 18:18)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-BigBank_Hank@29 April 2004 - 15:52
I&#39;m not a basketball fan but I&#39;m wondering if fans hate the Lakers because they buy up all the best players all the time? I&#39;m a baseball fan and I can&#39;t stand the Yankees because they always win and they get the buy up the best players every year. Is there sort of the same thing in basketball? Just curious.
The Lakers don&#39;t buy up the best players at all. Where&#39;d you get that from?

Keep in mind there is a salary cap to prevent what you are talking about. [/b][/quote]
Karl Malone and Gary Payton medicore?
Please :rolleyes:

What facts do you have to back that statement up with :blink:
I am a Celtics fan by the way.

Peace brotherdoobie

blitz
05-01-2004, 12:21 AM
I don&#39;t really hate the Lakers because of all the good players......I hate em because of fking Bryant, stupid ass bastard that thinks he&#39;s better than Michael Jordon, and st00pid shaq, who has the biggest fking mouth in the NBA. The egos of those 2 asswads is insane. I just hate the bastards, and I hope they don&#39;t ever win a championship AGAIN.

Busyman
05-01-2004, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by brotherdoobie+30 April 2004 - 14:45--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (brotherdoobie @ 30 April 2004 - 14:45)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Busyman@29 April 2004 - 18:18
<!--QuoteBegin-BigBank_Hank@29 April 2004 - 15:52
I&#39;m not a basketball fan but I&#39;m wondering if fans hate the Lakers because they buy up all the best players all the time? I&#39;m a baseball fan and I can&#39;t stand the Yankees because they always win and they get the buy up the best players every year. Is there sort of the same thing in basketball? Just curious.
The Lakers don&#39;t buy up the best players at all. Where&#39;d you get that from?

Keep in mind there is a salary cap to prevent what you are talking about.
Karl Malone and Gary Payton medicore?
Please :rolleyes:

What facts do you have to back that statement up with :blink: [/b][/quote]
I was referring before the current season.

bigdawgfoxx
05-02-2004, 03:08 AM
The Lakers are awesome. No doubt. They have awesome players...and I think Kobe is a nice guy too. He has a Krunk attitude, just like any other rich/young/black (meaning in a good way) man would have. The whole team is tight. The trail isnt helping him though.

Marius24
05-02-2004, 04:46 PM
i support the lakers&#33; proberly cos they r popular and thats how i started 2 like the game hearing about them :)

Powdered Water
05-02-2004, 05:51 PM
I don&#39;t hate the Lakers nearly as much as I hate the Utah Jazz. I (as much as I hate to admit it) have to respect them. I have watched my hometown Sonic&#39;s go down in flames many times to them.
It just seems there are some teams that are winners and unfortunately I am not supporting one of them. We have had success over the years but only one ring in franchise history. Which granted is better than none, BUT I WANT MORE &#33; :frusty:

MeestahWong
05-07-2004, 09:24 AM
Lakers are cool, it&#39;s there fans who are fucked up. All the hollywood in-crowd sitting in the front row seats looking cool in their shades, sipping on the cristal champagne, cheering for them and leaving a good 30 minutes before the game is even over to avoid the traffic jams out of the parking lot; yeah, true basketball fans...........they can all bite my sac

blitz
05-07-2004, 10:14 PM
lakers cool this, lakers cool that, lakers KRUNK (omg, I didn&#39;t know that word was still used), lakers are still going to get their asses handed to them by the spurs. And once that happens, they are going to split up. Malone(y) is going to retire without a ring (HAHA), Payton will retire without a ring (HAHA), and I don&#39;t even have to mention what will happen to the other screwballs.....

MeestahWong
05-08-2004, 12:12 AM
you ever hear Malone speak; he&#39;s a goddam retard.

Busyman
05-08-2004, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by blitz81388@7 May 2004 - 18:22
lakers cool this, lakers cool that, lakers KRUNK (omg, I didn&#39;t know that word was still used), lakers are still going to get their asses handed to them by the spurs. And once that happens, they are going to split up. Malone(y) is going to retire without a ring (HAHA), Payton will retire without a ring (HAHA), and I don&#39;t even have to mention what will happen to the other screwballs.....
Kobe has no more to prove there.

He can get a big payday elsewhere.

tralalala
05-09-2004, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by Rappy@30 April 2004 - 16:12
I hate the Lakers im getting sick of hearing about them all the time come on where are you celtics fans? we are the most historic franchise in basketball
too bad the Celtics have become a crap team... i mean come on... they got swept in the first round of the playoffs this year&#33;&#33;

Rafi