PDA

View Full Version : New Rules

bigboab
04-29-2004, 10:35 PM
RatFaced
We dont want to be heavy handed and hated, believe me...but we're also sick of being kicked for doing what we've been asked to do. Its not as if we get paid for the shit we get sometimes.

I am sorry I seem to be missing the whole point here.

Who asked you to do what?

Is there a place on the forum where you can go and ask the Admin/Mods to do things? If there is does it work?

If you dont like it do what some of the members have been told to do, leave.

Admin/Mods make the rules without consultation. They apply the rules, sometimes without consultation. You have to complain to a mod through PM. They do not treat PM's as private conversations themseves but the members are expected to treat them as such. Why not discuss in the open forum where everyone can see what is being said. That is called democracy.

This system is not democratic, it is fascism.

OK I know if I am not satisfied I know what I can do.

On a closing point I dont expect you to listen to what I have to say. Why break a habit.

atiVidia
04-29-2004, 10:43 PM
oh sh|t here we go again
DDOS: im not joking either...
@ jetje: saying fu<k is not the same thing as saying f-v-c-k (without the dashes and a u instead of the V) so dont warn me about abusive lang... many others talk this way too (including the mods) so u warn me u go warn every1 else too :P

to add to that BigBoab has a well-stated point. dont argue against it because we will smash ur arguments to the ground. not a single point uve made were based in solid ground. we right now can get half the board to back this argument up. so as ive stated before: fix your act or face the white text

sharedholder
04-29-2004, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by bigboab@29 April 2004 - 22:35

RatFaced
We dont want to be heavy handed and hated, believe me...but we&#39;re also sick of being kicked for doing what we&#39;ve been asked to do. Its not as if we get paid for the shit we get sometimes.

I am sorry I seem to be missing the whole point here.

Who asked you to do what?

Is there a place on the forum where you can go and ask the Admin/Mods to do things? If there is does it work?

If you dont like it do what some of the members have been told to do, leave.

Admin/Mods make the rules without consultation. They apply the rules, sometimes without consultation. You have to complain to a mod through PM. They do not treat PM&#39;s as private conversations themseves but the members are expected to treat them as such. Why not discuss in the open forum where everyone can see what is being said. That is called democracy.

This system is not democratic, it is fascism.

OK I know if I am not satisfied I know what I can do.

On a closing point I dont expect you to listen to what I have to say. Why break a habit.
Nice post. :rolleyes:

J'Pol
04-29-2004, 10:45 PM
Fascism ?

Non-democratic, maybe. Providing a service to customers, perhaps. Owned by the admin (and also paid for presumably), absolutely.

But Fascism, surely not. That seems a bit OTT.

bigboab
04-29-2004, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by J&#39;Pol@29 April 2004 - 22:45
Fascism ?

Non-democratic, maybe. Providing a service to customers, perhaps. Owned by the admin (and also paid for presumably), absolutely.

If you kick someone in the teeth and dont allow them to reply? I&#39;m sorry JP that is the nearest thing I can think to fit it.

Owned by the Admin yes. Paid for by them, I doubt it. It would not surprise me to learn that the board or some member of the board has, or is receiving payment for using anti spam software on this board. At the expense of some of the members.

thewizeard
04-29-2004, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by atiVidia@29 April 2004 - 22:43
oh sh|t here we go again
@ jetje: saying fu<k is not the same thing as saying f-v-c-k (without the dashes and a u instead of the V) so dont warn me about abusive lang... many others talk this way too (including the mods) so u warn me u go warn every1 else too :P

to add to that BigBoab has a well-stated point. dont argue against it because we will smash ur arguments to the ground. not a single point uve made were based in solid ground. we right now can get half the board to back this argument up. so as ive stated before: fix your act or face the white text
Would you please elaborate on that white text...is that a threat or something?

sArA
04-29-2004, 10:56 PM
The latest sport....Mod bashing.... <_<

Never had a problem with em meself, couldn&#39;t care less as long as I can chat to me mates and ask the odd question...

I think its all gone a bit OTT2

atiVidia
04-29-2004, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by nigel123+29 April 2004 - 17:52--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (nigel123 @ 29 April 2004 - 17:52)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-atiVidia@29 April 2004 - 22:43
oh sh|t here we go again

Would you please elaborate on that white text...is that a threat or something? [/b][/quote]
it could be :P

but it would take a year until i learn how to pull it off :) pull off whats in the white text i mean.

atiVidia
04-29-2004, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by sara5564@29 April 2004 - 17:56
The latest sport....Mod bashing.... <_<

Never had a problem with em meself, couldn&#39;t care less as long as I can chat to me mates and ask the odd question...

i didnt start the topic so no blame falls on me :P

but yes, there is (in my eyes at least) legit reason to do so :)

bigboab
04-29-2004, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by sara5564@29 April 2004 - 22:56
Well you may. That is what happens when things dont affect you. You sit back and accept whats on offer. I&#39;m sorry for people like you, because when it does start affecting you there will be no more people like us left on the board to defend you.

Over the top? That is the only way to be heard.

jetje
04-29-2004, 11:12 PM
well in the beginning we mods were asked by the members ;) the post is still somewhere in the lounge. Mods were installed by the admins to let this board work well. If there would be no control it wouldn&#39;t be democratic either (wich it isn&#39;t now either). Post on ideas for changes can be made everywhere on the forum. It depends on the topic most of the times they&#39;re made in this section btw.
The team tends to listen as much as possible but in the end they will have to make the decission what&#39;s oke to implement or not. Reason is pretty simple, everyone thinks different about things so if some people don&#39;t decide there would be chaos and nothing would change. Mods and admins talk about changes, in the end admins decide.

Adjusting the rules is kinda forced because if we follow them there is a little group of users always pointing us out that what they do isn&#39;t explicit said in the rules.
This way it&#39;s covered. So we can do the job, wich we do in the best interest of the forum and do that voluntary... why? cause we were asked to and do it with the best intentions... for free. It only takes up a lot of our free time.. there&#39;s always someone not agreeing our decissions, but hey. If you do this as long as i do you get a thick skin ;)

We need that, like now... we try to explain, leave a topic untouched and open for a few days but then after it&#39;s being closed, someone that had a chance to post there starts a new topic... and you can see some people immediately (ab)use it for jumping on it to start all over again... we explained why.. but as it was going totally of topic and everuthing was said people start to repeat theitr arguments so it was closed.

Everywhere on the net and in real life you need rules to prevent chaos..
In traffic, in life... are those rules democratic no. I guess you didn&#39;t set and choose what the max speed should be, i guess you didn&#39;t said that killing is not allowed and killers will be punished.. who did that, well in most cases it was a chosen governement. Did you choose all the individual members in there, did you choose the coalition... and maybe rules were made by a party on wich you didn&#39;t vote...
what has that to do with this forum you might say? simple, one day long time ago we choose to have mods and we needed rules. I say we cause back then i was just a member as you, wich i&#39;m actually still am.. but a lot of you see us different, too bad... And we&#39;re fair and tolerant to bad some of the members aren&#39;t..
but hey again we said it many times if you can&#39;t handle simple rules, face the consequences or feel free to leve.. no one is saying you can&#39;t leave... look there&#39;s the democracy, youself can decide. can ilive by the rules or do i leave cause i can&#39;t... freedom of choice :)

bigboab
04-29-2004, 11:20 PM
I agree with most of what you say Jetje. But remember those people stand for and are elected by the people. If the people dont like what they do then they are not re-elected. simple as that. On here we dont have that choice. We have to accept what is done without any consultation. Actually I think 7th did do it once,but not on anti -spam.

jetje
04-29-2004, 11:28 PM
do you know who we have to thank for that antispam is installed in he first place?
Again the intention for installing that was to protect the board, i agree that it isn&#39;t working good. Immediately after it was brought up in the lounge i posted about that in team chat. Believe me i get caught by that BUG too. And dislike it.
But also believe me we wanna get rid of it. Problem is that we wanna do it the right way and problem is 7th is the only one who really knows what he has done.
And too bad he&#39;s gone for a few weeks... Maybe we have to start thinking of another way to get rid of it, there can be a post about that but i fear that after a few post it will go down in flames (flaming) again. But again believe me that we&#39;ve heared the scream about it and we want to get this solved as fast as possible :)

bigboab
04-29-2004, 11:32 PM
Unfortunately some of the screams have died. :(

Busyman
04-29-2004, 11:37 PM
Is anti-spam now removed, because I see bigboab is back? :D

atiVidia
04-29-2004, 11:37 PM
JGHSFBASHFVASVFJBASVCBVASDJC,BASDGAGBF

u like them d__ned screams? rofl

actually, im content with most of the mods. its a select few (jetje and VB1234 im happy with: the only 1s who seem to be truthful here) who im not content with.

my anger was spawned due to the banning of h4x0r but we dont want to resurrect that do we? ;)

bigboab
04-29-2004, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by Busyman@29 April 2004 - 23:37
Is anti-spam now removed, because I see bigboab is back? :D
No I am back just to tidy things up a bit before I go for good including Sexfem :rolleyes:

They have no intention of removing anti spam. How long has it been now. Couple of months? I dont know or care any more. :(

jetje
04-29-2004, 11:47 PM
The intention is there, Problem is that it seems we need 7th for it.

J'Pol
04-29-2004, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by bigboab+29 April 2004 - 23:51--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bigboab @ 29 April 2004 - 23:51)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-J&#39;Pol@29 April 2004 - 22:45
Fascism ?

If you kick someone in the teeth and dont allow them to reply? I&#39;m sorry JP that is the nearest thing I can think to fit it.

Owned by the Admin yes. Paid for by them, I doubt it. It would not surprise me to learn that the board or some member of the board has, or is receiving payment for using anti spam software on this board. At the expense of some of the members. [/b][/quote]
I genuinely and sincerely do not believe that you equate this puerile nonsense to Fascism.

If I am right, then I seriously question why you would post such a thing.

If I am wrong then I can live with that, however it will be a major disappointment.

EDSF
04-29-2004, 11:50 PM
7th is the only one who really knows what he has done. <_<

7th is the only one who can fix this <_<

No one else here has an FTP client installed? Hell, you could even do it with IE if you really wanted to.

Open the browser, type in ftp://filesharingtalk.com , type in your username and password , browse to the forum root, etc.........

Even if you&#39;re all too stupid to identify the proper script, I&#39;m sure the phone lines are clear enough that you could catch the name of it in a phone conversation with this elusive Script God of yours ;)

OOh My&#33; This looks like "hacking talk" :o

Is this allowed ? :unsure:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

muchspl2
04-29-2004, 11:52 PM
balmm ?

jetje
04-29-2004, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by EDSF@30 April 2004 - 01:50

7th is the only one who really knows what he has done. <_<

7th is the only one who can fix this <_<

No one else here has an FTP client installed? Hell, you could even do it with IE if you really wanted to.

Open the browser, type in ftp://filesharingtalk.com , type in your username and password , browse to the forum root, etc.........

Even if you&#39;re all too stupid to identify the proper script, I&#39;m sure the phone lines are clear enough that you could catch the name of it in a phone conversation with this elusive Script God of yours ;)

OOh My&#33; This looks like "hacking talk" :o

Is this allowed ? :unsure:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
thnx for the great help, i guess it will be fixed soon now :)

EDSF
04-29-2004, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by muchspl2@29 April 2004 - 23:52
balmm ?
No thanks, I&#39;m alergic :(

Lamsey
04-30-2004, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by bigboab@29 April 2004 - 22:51
Owned by the Admin yes. Paid for by them, I doubt it. It would not surprise me to learn that the board or some member of the board has, or is receiving payment for using anti spam software on this board. At the expense of some of the members.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

bigboab
04-30-2004, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by J&#39;Pol@29 April 2004 - 23:49
I genuinely and sincerely do not believe that you equate this puerile nonsense to Fascism.

I am sure JP that dont have to tell you the definition of Fascism. I have used it in the purest definition and not as it is often equated with the Nazis etc.

EDSF
04-30-2004, 12:02 AM
Is that an advertisement for your own site I see in that sig? <_<

You people really need leadership and morals in the worst way&#33;

MUSLEMAN
04-30-2004, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by muchspl2@29 April 2004 - 19:52
balmm ?
were??? shit if he was here he would not stand for this bs. why do you think he left???

he was the only mod that was here when the board went down. he stuck thru the hard time then as a thank you he got kicked in the teeth also.

@error my question still stands

if emule and etc is so much better then klite, why don&#39;t you be man enough to ask forums like slyck and zeropaid and etc to remove the link to now fst as the support forum for klite??

also why do you still have and redirect the old link to the klboard that even has klboard in the address to this place??? :blink: :blink:

i mean this is not the klboard is it?? and there are better proggy then klite right?? so why not let the forums that link to you as the klite support forum know that you no longer support klite??? that you support all the other proggys that are so much better??

too busy ?? need help?? you want me to help you by gettting you all the places that have a link to fst as the klboard and a place for klite support?? i have all the contanct places, emails and people if you like and you are too busy just let me know i&#39;ll be more then happy to help and spread the word that this is fst and not the klboard and that there are better proggies then klite,, like emule.

just say the word and i will post all the contact emails you need, we can start with slyck and zeropaid :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty:

atiVidia
04-30-2004, 12:04 AM
@ lamsey stop laughing&#33; and whens ur BDay? lol
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

J'Pol
04-30-2004, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by bigboab+30 April 2004 - 01:02--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bigboab @ 30 April 2004 - 01:02)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-J&#39;Pol@29 April 2004 - 23:49

I am sure JP that dont have to tell you the definition of Fascism. I have used it in the purest definition and not as it is often equated with the Nazis etc. [/b][/quote]
You are behaving like a child, you really should know better.

The behaviour of the admin or mods here does not equate to fascism. If it did, this conversation, along with many others simply would not be happening.

As I have said elsewhere, it is to their credit that it is.

For me, I would have put a stop to all of this childishness long ago. However I do not count patience as one of my major virtues.

Other than with those and such as those. Even that has it&#39;s limits.

thewizeard
04-30-2004, 12:16 AM
I really should have given you a 100 lines to write, after all ....

jetje
04-30-2004, 12:17 AM
musle you believe all the fairtales you hear :lol:

well as it got of topic again and again everything is explained i guess it´s better to close this one to... we´re only repeating ourselves ;)

:)