PDA

View Full Version : Interrupted Download Fails To Resume

tinybee
05-01-2004, 04:08 AM
I have been having a problem for the better part of a month now, and I am wondering if anyone can offer a suggestion for this.

(In the matter of background, I have a 56K dialup connection. While this means I have to be kind of patient, it has by-and-large not prevented me from downloading some pretty big files - I think 107M is the current max from p2p.)

I have been trying for a month now to download a music video which, to the best of my figuring, is being shared by One and only One peer. The file is 43,720KB in size, and since this individual is the only one sharing I am pretty much dependent on the times s/he's online to do my downloading. The most recent time I was online, I was able to download 30M of the file before the connection was broken.

My problem is this: When I try to resume the download, KaZaA Lite fails to "recognize" that the fiel in my shared folder is the one available on the p2p network. The file shows up under "Search", but the download fails to resume under "Traffic". At least once I have double clicked in "Search" in the vain hope that this would "jump start" the download ("hey, dummy, the file you want is right HERE!!") Instead I got an entire new download started... and the existing file with a mesage of "More sources needed".

Other than the obvious solution of "get broadband", is there anything I can do to "force" the system to associate the partial download with the source file if there's only one such source file out there?

Sparkle1984
05-01-2004, 10:33 PM
More sources needed - All it means is that the person isn't online at the moment. ;)

Formula1
05-02-2004, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by tinybee@1 May 2004 - 04:08

I have been trying for a month now to download a music video which, to the best of my figuring, is being shared by One and only One peer. The file is 43,720KB in size, and since this individual is the only one sharing I am pretty much dependent on the times s/he's online to do my downloading. The most recent time I was online, I was able to download 30M of the file before the connection was broken.

Download another version of the music video :blink: