PDA

View Full Version : A 2nd Chance For Those Who R Bannded

BawA
05-01-2004, 03:58 PM
Admin, mods plz give banned member 2nd chance, if they did all wrong stuff again banned again.

Peace

vivitron 15
05-01-2004, 04:03 PM
i do believe that people recieve many "second chance" warnings (in general) before they are banned.

and i give it 1hour before this is closed too.

DanB
05-01-2004, 04:07 PM
I give it 20 minutes :lol: :lol:

scribblec
05-01-2004, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by bawa@Klite_user@1 May 2004 - 15:58
Admin, mods plz give banned member 2nd chance, if they did all wrong stuff again banned again.

Peace
yea lets let the peados unbanned lets let idiots like billy dean unbanned

BRILLIANT IDEA !!!

<_<

Cheese
05-01-2004, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by scribblec+1 May 2004 - 15:28--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (scribblec @ 1 May 2004 - 15:28)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-bawa@Klite_user@1 May 2004 - 15:58
Admin, mods plz give banned member 2nd chance,&nbsp; if they did all wrong stuff again banned again.

Peace

BRILLIANT IDEA &#33;&#33;&#33;

<_< [/b][/quote]
Could be perhaps he&#39;s not talking about them?

BFH.

NikkiD
05-01-2004, 04:39 PM
In some cases, bans have been very fair and warranted. I don&#39;t think anyone would disagree with me about someone like hypo?

In other cases, bans may be a rash decision, made on the spur of the moment. As I said in another post yesterday:

We have reasons for doing things the way we do them. Why do we keep harping on using the PM system for resolving issues? Because when it&#39;s done publicly it kills the atmosphere of the board. No one wants to come on and see constant disputes. I don&#39;t personally care if someone questions an action, send me a PM, I&#39;ll be happy to investigate it. But lately it seems like some members are hell bent on publicly embarrassing the team. And that gets nowhere. It&#39;s human nature. By bringing it up as such, the only thing it accomplishes is putting people on their defenses. After that, you can pretty much forget getting anything you want out of them. The longer it goes on, the less tolerant people become, to the point where they finally just say, enough is enough, and start silencing people.

I think it&#39;s fair to say that that&#39;s what&#39;s happening. And in some cases, can you blame them? Be fair, if someone were to come into your home, slam you, your house, your family, throw garbage all over the floor, generally make a mess and disrupt the place, what would your first reaction be? To sit down and try to talk to the person? Or to kick them out?

It makes it harder for those of us who are trying to find a resolution when other people are constantly trying to put the team on the defensive.

Rat Faced
05-01-2004, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by NikkiD@1 May 2004 - 16:39
In some cases, bans have been very fair and warranted. I don&#39;t think anyone would disagree with me about someone like hypo?

In other cases, bans may be a rash decision, made on the spur of the moment. As I said in another post yesterday:

We have reasons for doing things the way we do them. Why do we keep harping on using the PM system for resolving issues? Because when it&#39;s done publicly it kills the atmosphere of the board. No one wants to come on and see constant disputes. I don&#39;t personally care if someone questions an action, send me a PM, I&#39;ll be happy to investigate it. But lately it seems like some members are hell bent on publicly embarrassing the team. And that gets nowhere. It&#39;s human nature. By bringing it up as such, the only thing it accomplishes is putting people on their defenses. After that, you can pretty much forget getting anything you want out of them. The longer it goes on, the less tolerant people become, to the point where they finally just say, enough is enough, and start silencing people.

I think it&#39;s fair to say that that&#39;s what&#39;s happening. And in some cases, can you blame them? Be fair, if someone were to come into your home, slam you, your house, your family, throw garbage all over the floor, generally make a mess and disrupt the place, what would your first reaction be? To sit down and try to talk to the person? Or to kick them out?

It makes it harder for those of us who are trying to find a resolution when other people are constantly trying to put the team on the defensive.
:wub: :beerchug:

^^^^ What she said :D

DanB
05-01-2004, 05:28 PM
Anti Spam Security

Why did I reach this page instead to see my posted message ?

Possible Reasons:

* You already posted your message (double post)
* You are using a script to post messages
* You hit the reload button but your message was already posted

If you think this is an error please contact our administrators and they will look into this problem. Please make sure to check the forum you posted to see if your message is not already there.

The Administration
:angry:

I would vote for option 1 btw :D

RealitY
05-01-2004, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by NikkiD@1 May 2004 - 08:39

I agree with most of this and the idea of using pm and so forth but I truly think mods should not be defensive of this behavior as it is expected and is also considered human nature. Lets not forget members consider this they&#39;re house as well and sometimes is the reason for their rage and the lack of civility...

NikkiD
05-01-2004, 06:12 PM
I agree with you wholeheartedly Reality. Mods and admins are only human though, and when they get enough insults thrown at them, of course they begin to take it personally. Every new thread feels like a slap in the face, especially to those who are trying to resolve the issue. The problem is that once the defensive behaviour starts, negotiation stops. I&#39;ve been guilty of it on occasion, I know all of us have. And once those in the position of power, in this case, the mods and admins, stop negotiating, civility is tossed out the window and the brick wall goes up. Not saying it&#39;s the right way to deal with it, just making the observation.

I can completely understand, people getting upset over what they feel is an injustice. I&#39;m just saying that strong arm tactics and bullying get people nowhere, and that goes for both sides of the equation. Resolving an issue is always better than silencing it, silence only lasts so long before the riot breaks out again.

DanB
05-01-2004, 06:13 PM
Well said Reality :)

The locking of threads and the wall of silence doesn&#39;t work to diffuse the situation either :P

btw I have just hit anti spam for the 5th time in about 20 minutes

Rat Faced
05-01-2004, 06:22 PM
Adster isnt banned anyway....he just went walkabout again.

scribblec
05-01-2004, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by Withcheese+1 May 2004 - 16:30--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Withcheese @ 1 May 2004 - 16:30)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by scribblec@1 May 2004 - 15:28
<!--QuoteBegin-bawa@Klite_user@1 May 2004 - 15:58

Peace

<_<
Could be perhaps he&#39;s not talking about them?

BFH. [/b][/quote]

mods plz give banned member

hes generalising .

arent the people i suggested banned too? so therefore he wants them unbanned aswell

BURN&#33;&#33;

james_bond_rulez
05-01-2004, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by REALITY+1 May 2004 - 08:45--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (REALITY @ 1 May 2004 - 08:45)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-NikkiD@1 May 2004 - 08:39

I agree with most of this and the idea of using pm and so forth but I truly think mods should not be defensive of this behavior as it is expected and is also considered human nature. Lets not forget members consider this they&#39;re house as well and sometimes is the reason for their rage and the lack of civility... [/b][/quote]
i can&#39;t believe the fag said something right this time :P

no offence intended :P

hobbes
05-01-2004, 07:47 PM
People that were given straight bans without a warning or moderation are victims of the "heat of the moment".

Those bans should be immediately revoked and those people placed on moderation.

I am hearing of people being banned without receiving a PM, that is not right.

DanB
05-01-2004, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by hobbes@1 May 2004 - 20:47
People that were given straight bans without a warning or moderation are victims of the "heat of the moment".

They only found out when they tried to log in the next time :(

NikkiD
05-01-2004, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by hobbes@1 May 2004 - 14:47
No, it isn&#39;t.

sharedholder
05-01-2004, 08:07 PM
So we gonna give a SECOND F* CHANCE TO THOSE GOOD PEOPLE OR NOT ??

J'Pol
05-01-2004, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by hobbes@1 May 2004 - 20:47

I totally, unreservedly agree.

It is similar to the ref who shows the red card as a reaction to the game, not the specific offence.

Moderation must be the first option for all but the most heinous offences. Not immediate ban.

NikkiD
05-01-2004, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by scribblec+1 May 2004 - 11:28--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (scribblec @ 1 May 2004 - 11:28)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-bawa@Klite_user@1 May 2004 - 15:58
Admin, mods plz give banned member 2nd chance,&nbsp; if they did all wrong stuff again banned again.

Peace

<_< [/b][/quote]
I just saw this.

Scribblec, it&#39;s totally and completely unnecessary to insult people who aren&#39;t here to defend themselves. It&#39;s comments such as this that turn decent discussion threads into useless flame wars. What exactly does making a comment such as this resolve?

If you have an issue with the stated appeal, it is possible to air your reservations about with being insulting.

As Withcheese said, I think the point here is more about the recent bannings that were handed down with no team discussion, or without any sort of warning to the member involved.

Chevy
05-01-2004, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by NikkiD@1 May 2004 - 20:36
Scribblec, it&#39;s totally and completely unnecessary to insult people who aren&#39;t here to defend themselves.

I just saw this topic (http://filesharingtalk.com/index.php?showtopic=111279)
not long after finding a banned member (http://filesharingtalk.com/index.php?showuser=113407)
when looking at the banned members search for new aditions from the current topics

nostalgia
05-01-2004, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by NikkiD@1 May 2004 - 20:36

I think the point here is more about the recent bannings that were handed down with no team discussion, or without any sort of warning to the member involved.
Are you actually saying that you mod&#39;s weren&#39;t consulted??
Why stay mod if that&#39;s the case?

edit:typing

GHOST 1337
05-01-2004, 09:03 PM
ricky123 was banned for saying &#39;u all mother fuckers suck&#39;.

i guess i would of thought moderation instead ;)

NikkiD
05-01-2004, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by nostalgia+1 May 2004 - 15:50--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (nostalgia &#064; 1 May 2004 - 15:50)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-NikkiD@1 May 2004 - 20:36

I think the point here is more about the recent bannings that were handed down with no team discussion, or without any sort of warning to the member involved.

edit:typing [/b][/quote]
Yes, I&#39;ve said that a few times now I think. Implied might be the better word.

I&#39;m still a mod here because I think it&#39;s possible for someone to make a rash decision in the heat of the moment and rethink that decision with a cooler head. Lots of people say/do things in anger or upset that they wouldn&#39;t normally say or do. That&#39;s one of the reasons we have an edit button. I know myself I&#39;ve posted sarky replies to people that I later thought back on and regretted, and apologized for.

If I didn&#39;t feel that way, I would be fully supportive of the bans in question, as they were pretty much the same thing, no? Things done in anger which those members would normally not have done? The only difference is the person&#39;s position on the board. Admins are not infallable either.

@ GHOST 1337 - I wasn&#39;t aware of that one. And yes, that&#39;s pretty much what&#39;s been said about the others.

Rat Faced
05-01-2004, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by NikkiD+1 May 2004 - 21:08--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (NikkiD @ 1 May 2004 - 21:08)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by nostalgia@1 May 2004 - 15:50
<!--QuoteBegin-NikkiD@1 May 2004 - 20:36

Yes, I&#39;ve said that a few times now I think. Implied might be the better word.

I&#39;m still a mod here because I think it&#39;s possible for someone to make a rash decision in the heat of the moment and rethink that decision with a cooler head. Lots of people say/do things in anger or upset that they wouldn&#39;t normally say or do. That&#39;s one of the reasons we have an edit button. I know myself I&#39;ve posted sarky replies to people that I later thought back on and regretted, and apologized for.

If I didn&#39;t feel that way, I would be fully supportive of the bans in question, as they were pretty much the same thing, no? Things done in anger which those members would normally not have done? The only difference is the person&#39;s position on the board. Admins are not infallable either. [/b][/quote]
Yet again, the young lady speaks for me too :wub:

GHOST 1337
05-01-2004, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by Rat Faced+1 May 2004 - 21:12--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Rat Faced @ 1 May 2004 - 21:12)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by NikkiD@1 May 2004 - 21:08

Originally posted by nostalgia@1 May 2004 - 15:50
<!--QuoteBegin-NikkiD@1 May 2004 - 20:36

If I didn&#39;t feel that way, I would be fully supportive of the bans in question, as they were pretty much the same thing, no? Things done in anger which those members would normally not have done? The only difference is the person&#39;s position on the board. Admins are not infallable either.
Yet again, the young lady speaks for me too :wub: [/b][/quote]
since you all agree, then y not say somehting to the admin(s) who are doing these &#39;un called for&#39; bans? :o ;) :frusty:

I.am
05-01-2004, 09:16 PM
Well said NikkiD all along&#33; :beerchug:

So whats the next step?

I guess hearing that discussions in the team are going regarding the spur of the moment decisions & about giving the second chance to the few banned members, might be a little reassuring. :)

-
I.am

NikkiD
05-01-2004, 09:17 PM
Several of us have been.

RF - get your hand out of my butt&#33; I&#39;m not really your puppet&#33;&#33; :lol: :wub:

@I.am - I feel like a politician. :lol: The discussion is ongoing amongst the team members, has been for a couple of days, we&#39;re waiting for everyone to comment on it as some haven&#39;t seen it yet.

GHOST 1337
05-01-2004, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by NikkiD@1 May 2004 - 21:17
Several of us have been.

you have been? well there obviously not listening. so the bottom line is, they dont really give a fuck what you have to say?

hobbes
05-01-2004, 09:20 PM
Well, why don&#39;t you guys have a meeting and come to some decisions. I think any more open discussion by the Mods might make other Mods feel picked on.

Send out the cyber smoke signals and have a pow-wow.

NikkiD
05-01-2004, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by GHOST 1337+1 May 2004 - 16:19--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (GHOST 1337 @ 1 May 2004 - 16:19)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-NikkiD@1 May 2004 - 21:17
Several of us have been.

you have been? well there obviously not listening. so the bottom line is, they dont really give a fuck what you have to say? [/b][/quote]
No, I didn&#39;t say that at all. The discussion has been going on for a couple of days, mostly today, but not everyone has had a chance to comment or have a say yet. Rash decisions are made on the spur of the moment - it&#39;s better to take the time and discuss it.

I.am
05-01-2004, 09:25 PM
@NikkiD, :lol: but I like the words of a politician better than the one&#39;s closing the threads :lol:

Yup&#33; More open discussions will bring more defensive & offensive comments rather than rational talk :)

But I hope all the recent banned members are brought up in the discussion eg: haxor...

And if few mods dont show up in a week, then majority rules :D

/me outta here...

Have a good day peeps&#33;
-
I.am

DanB
05-01-2004, 10:10 PM
At the end of the day all this commotion has come to pass because Error was insulted by Haxor and by Cely therefore he banned them.

That is quite plain to see now. :ph34r:

Rat Faced
05-01-2004, 10:16 PM
My appologies to Hobbes, Danb and NikkiD

I have deleted one post from each of you replying to Rookie.

Rookie came into the board and saw all this crap and posted the usual position, to which you all responded with a reply...

Rookie had no idea what was going on and removed his thread and I removed his post for him, making those responses (which were relevant to the post) irrelevant to the thread, and confusing the thread still more...

Erm... did that make sence? :blink:

NikkiD
05-01-2004, 10:19 PM
Yup, thanks RF, I was gonna ask. :lol:

Chevy
05-01-2004, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by Rat Faced@1 May 2004 - 22:16

Rookie came into the board and saw all this crap and posted the usual position, to which you all responded with a reply...

Rookie had no idea what was going on and removed his thread and I removed his post for him, making those responses (which were relevant to the post) irrelevant to the thread, and confusing the thread still more...

lol, I was wondering if I imagined that. I missed it because I read this one first. It made sence and thanks for the explanation. :lol:

hobbes
05-01-2004, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by Chevy+1 May 2004 - 23:20--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Chevy &#064; 1 May 2004 - 23:20)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Rat Faced@1 May 2004 - 22:16

lol, I was wondering if I imagined that. I missed it because I read this one first. It made sence and thanks for the explanation. :lol: [/b][/quote]
I thought I had been banned or something :lol:

Rat Faced
05-01-2004, 10:24 PM
see?

I wasted my time with them damn PMs :P

:rolleyes:

J'Pol
05-01-2004, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by Rat Faced@1 May 2004 - 23:16

Actually I had posted a fairly comprehensive reply in rookie&#39;s thread.

I am seriously not pleased that it has been deleted. I would happily copy it here but since it has been deleted that is not an option to me.

Rat Faced
05-01-2004, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by J&#39;Pol+1 May 2004 - 22:26--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (J&#39;Pol &#064; 1 May 2004 - 22:26)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Rat Faced@1 May 2004 - 23:16

Actually I had posted a fairly comprehensive reply in rookie&#39;s thread.

I am seriously not pleased that it has been deleted. I would happily copy it here but since it has been deleted that is not an option to me. [/b][/quote]
Well JP, it wouldnt be fair on him.

He was quite correct in his assessment of the usual position and our usual procedures, however he has been away for a week and knew nothing of the last few days.

Obviously, as has been made plain...the last few days are not the usual position... I therefore advised him remove his thread and post until he had come upto date with that.

He may post later, when he knows whats happened... it will then be a fair post by him and people can either be with him or against him on the facts, and not what he assumed was the case.

J'Pol
05-01-2004, 10:45 PM
RF

Thanks mate.

My reply was not in any way controversial, rude or anything like it. Indeed if anything it was conciliatory.

I merely pointed out how things traditionally have been done here and the fact that the members liked it. I explained why the last few days had been very fraught, because they were so out of the ordinary.

I expressed the opinion that the best way forward was for the admin to leave moderating the board to the moderators, who were best placed to do it and who understood the dynamic of the board.

As you would expect I then thanked the chap for taking the time to read my opinion.

If it were possible I would post it in this thread, however as stated I do not have that option.

Cheers

Rat Faced
05-01-2004, 10:46 PM
Sowwy :(

J'Pol
05-01-2004, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by Rat Faced@1 May 2004 - 23:46
Sowwy :(
;)

Pas de problem mate.

That which is done in good faith causes no offence.

I understand and applaud your logic.

Unfortunately it means that the members have lost nothing short of a master work. However given that it was over 12 words few would have read it anyway.

DanB
05-01-2004, 10:58 PM
:o I am horrified.

how could you RF :P

I kind of got the impression that he didn&#39;t know what was going on. Maybe something will be discussed now? :)

Edit - thanks btw Nikki and RF for letting this thread happen, hopefully know a meaningful discussion will take place. :D

GHOST 1337
05-01-2004, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by danb@1 May 2004 - 22:58
:o&nbsp; I am horrified.

how could you RF&nbsp; :P

I kind of got the impression that he didn&#39;t know what was going on. Maybe something will be discussed now?&nbsp; :)

Edit - thanks btw Nikki and RF for letting this thread happen, hopefully know a meaningful discussion will take place.&nbsp; :D
danb- you prob should remove that link to an image of &#39;free celery&#39; in your sig, i got 3 days moderation for that. :rolleyes:

DanB
05-01-2004, 11:11 PM
:lol: :lol:

Thanks I forgot about that.

I guess the point has been put across now :D

Xero Grid
05-02-2004, 12:34 AM
Can I ask why haxor41789 (http://filesharingtalk.com/index.php?showuser=20637) was banned? Was I asleep or something? I&#39;ve only seen him try to help others. Last I heard from him, he was talking about Mods ripping apart his and few other people&#39;s sigs off. :huh:

-- Xero Grid --

GHOST 1337
05-02-2004, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by Xero Grid@2 May 2004 - 00:34
Can I ask why haxor41789 (http://filesharingtalk.com/index.php?showuser=20637) was banned? Was I asleep or something? I&#39;ve only seen him try to help others. Last I heard from him, he was talking about Mods ripping apart his and few other people&#39;s sigs off. :huh:

-- Xero Grid --
he wouldnt remove his sig

Xero Grid
05-02-2004, 12:42 AM
I see.
Was that because it led to the KLiteTools site? Was advertising that much of a problem?

-- Xero Grid --

sharedholder
05-02-2004, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by Xero Grid@2 May 2004 - 00:42
I see.
Was that because it led to the KLiteTools site? Was advertising that much of a problem?

-- Xero Grid --
Maybe and becuse he led to lifecolors the download site for kppfree. <_< <_<

DanB
05-02-2004, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by sharedholder+2 May 2004 - 01:51--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (sharedholder @ 2 May 2004 - 01:51)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Xero Grid@2 May 2004 - 00:42
I see.

-- Xero Grid --
Maybe and becuse he led to lifecolors the download site for kppfree. <_< <_< [/b][/quote]
Hopefully it can get resolved in a mutually agreeable way now

Xero Grid
05-02-2004, 01:05 AM
Well... that sounds like a crappy reason. Can I get a Mod to confirm this?

::Thinking to myself::
(Is it just me or has this forum been getting weird?)

-- Xero Grid --

DanB
05-02-2004, 01:16 AM
Originally posted by Xero Grid@2 May 2004 - 02:05
Well... that sounds like a crappy reason. Can I get a Mod to confirm this?

::Thinking to myself::
(Is it just me or has this forum been getting weird?)

-- Xero Grid --
If you read from the start it might fill in some gaps :D

Xero Grid
05-02-2004, 01:51 AM
Actually I did, but everyone started talking about people I didn;t know so I kind of skimmed after page 2. :lol:

-- Xero Grid --

DanB
05-02-2004, 02:10 AM
Originally posted by Xero Grid@2 May 2004 - 02:51
Actually I did, but everyone started talking about people I didn;t know so I kind of skimmed after page 2. :lol:

-- Xero Grid --
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I wouldn&#39;t know where to start :rolleyes:

DWk
05-02-2004, 03:03 AM
Originally posted by Xero Grid@1 May 2004 - 18:51

-- Xero Grid --
Check this (http://filesharingtalk.com/index.php?showtopic=110806) out, and you might find out about haxor.

AFAIK, the REAL reason is still unknown :helpsmile:

MUSLEMAN
05-02-2004, 06:34 AM
well first we said it was his sig then a mod here said it was unfriendly accounts (which have no posts) then i get a pm from an admin saying he was banned because he was spaming. so i guess now the story is that he is spaming :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink:

you get that :blink: haxor is a spamer according to them now :blink: :blink:

DWk
05-02-2004, 06:38 AM
Allegedly, he spammed KLT&#39;s url...

Proof of ANY of the above, I&#39;ve seen none ;)

MUSLEMAN
05-02-2004, 06:41 AM
Originally posted by DWk@2 May 2004 - 02:38

if you helping some one and you post a link to some where then you should get a warnning or moderation at most not banned. this was not a warez site or anything ferked up

DWk
05-02-2004, 07:02 AM
Originally posted by MUSLEMAN+1 May 2004 - 23:41--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MUSLEMAN @ 1 May 2004 - 23:41)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-DWk@2 May 2004 - 02:38

if you helping some one and you post a link to some where then you should get a warnning or moderation at most not banned. this was not a warez site or anything ferked up [/b][/quote]
Allegedly I said ;)

The real reason is only know by the person that banned him... :rolleyes:

brotherdoobie
05-02-2004, 07:24 AM
I am currious...Is it a conspiracy theory that members are being banned because of links in their sigs?

Or just the board rules?

If it is an conspiracy theory...What is the logic behind the theory and what
do the suposed purveyors of this conspiracy gain from their deed?

If anyone has information....Would you fill us in?
It would be wonderful to hear facts...instead of opinions...There has been
plenty of that recently from both " sides" (for a lack of a better word)

It would be considerate of the management to respect or wishes and explain why
members were banned without moderation (in a timely fashion :rolleyes: )

It would be considerate of board members to listen to the facts with
an impartial ear....Before letting there emotions get the better of them.

I understand why so many members are upset...We have lost some fine members
in the last few days...Many here are friends of these members (and what kind of person are you... if you don&#39;t stick by your friends :D )

I believe that everyone can agree that some things were done in poor taste
on both sides...mistakes made...mabey?

However... the punishment doesn&#39;t seem to fit the crime.

Peace brotherdoobie

DWk
05-02-2004, 07:36 AM
Read this (http://filesharingtalk.com/index.php?showtopic=111345)

FACTS ONLY&#33; ;)

sharedholder
05-02-2004, 07:55 AM
The rules are the rules : Linking your site is permitted throgh your sig.....blah, blah...

But if i try to put a back the link to lifecolors site i&#39;m gonna be banned. <_< <_<

WHY ? :frusty:

Peerzy
05-02-2004, 10:19 AM
Well i&#39;d just like to say Thanks to all the mods for finally letting us have a friendly convosation and discuss this, insted of just closing the threads :)

Now from what i can get out of this thread, Cely and Haxor offended Error, now i known alot of members who have offended Mods and even Admins but they have never even been PM&#39;d about it, not offence or anything but had Error been drinking :D DONT BAN ME :P Hell, even i have had worse fights with members and even a few mods and i have never been on moderation. Banning Cely straight away just says a big Fuck You to the modding system and the warning system.

Also i think that NikkiD has said that there talking about free-ing Cely, and Haxor in team chat, so thats good.

Also anyone know when Marc (7th) is coming back to fix the Anti Spam?

L8rs :)

MagicNakor
05-02-2004, 12:53 PM
I&#39;ve asked about the status of anti-spam a number of times now, but I haven&#39;t received a response.

:ninja:

Peerzy
05-02-2004, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by MagicNakor@2 May 2004 - 12:53
I&#39;ve asked about the status of anti-spam a number of times now, but I haven&#39;t received a response.

:ninja:
Brian said he was on business trip to the USA, but surely he could log onto his account from the USA and take it off, and it has been over a month, what kinda of &#39;business&#39; is he doing?

Rat Faced
05-02-2004, 02:29 PM
I spoke to Brian yesterday and he is also getting a little peeved at the lack of response from 7th...please dont blame him.

DWk
05-02-2004, 04:02 PM
10-4 - I still haven&#39;t been caught in a week now by anti-spam.... w0ot :w00t:

DanB
05-02-2004, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by DWk@2 May 2004 - 17:02
10-4 - I still haven&#39;t been caught in a week now by anti-spam.... w0ot :w00t:
grrr I got caught 14 times last night :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Peerzy
05-02-2004, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by Rat Faced@2 May 2004 - 14:29
I spoke to Brian yesterday and he is also getting a little peeved at the lack of response from 7th...please dont blame him.
No, i understand how Brian must feel, and i in no way blame him for any of it. But i think 7th wants to keep the anti spam on :ph34r: thats why he won&#39;t return and remove it :P

Marius24
05-02-2004, 04:32 PM
surely some members deserve a second chance :ph34r: :blink:

atiVidia
05-02-2004, 05:05 PM
h4x0r and cely need a second chance.

why were they banned anyway? i mean, what did they do that made Error tick?

ok i will kill 7th when he gets back:

Originally posted by f__king antispam
Why did I reach this page instead to see my posted message ?

Possible Reasons:

&nbsp; &nbsp; * You already posted your message (double post)
&nbsp; &nbsp; * You are using a script to post messages
&nbsp; &nbsp; * You hit the reload button but your message was already posted

If you think this is an error please contact our administrators and they will look into this problem. Please make sure to check the forum you posted to see if your message is not already there.

The Administration

thewizeard
05-02-2004, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by atiVidia@2 May 2004 - 17:05

I don&#39;t know about Haxor, he always seemed a relaxed guy to me, I am not really sure why he got himself banned, but I came across this post from Hobbes... I will leave you to make an opinion about it...

http://filesharingtalk.com/index.php?showt...ndpost&p=996960 (http://filesharingtalk.com/index.php?showtopic=111079&view=findpost&p=996960)

Edit...I left that bit about the spam control out as it was not really relevant...

sArA
05-02-2004, 06:31 PM
Well, if that was Cely&#39;s attitude to the board, I am not surprised that he was banned, and pretty much deserved...still unsure about haxor tho..always found him pretty ok meself. :)

J'Pol
05-02-2004, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by nigel123+2 May 2004 - 19:03--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (nigel123 @ 2 May 2004 - 19:03)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-atiVidia@2 May 2004 - 17:05

I don&#39;t know about Haxor, he always seemed a relaxed guy to me, I am not really sure why he got himself banned, but I came across this post from Hobbes... I will leave you to make an opinion about it...

http://filesharingtalk.com/index.php?showt...ndpost&p=996960 (http://filesharingtalk.com/index.php?showtopic=111079&view=findpost&p=996960)

Edit...I left that bit about the spam control out as it was not really relevant... [/b][/quote]
Thanks for that.

It sort of clears things up in my head.

atiVidia
05-02-2004, 06:54 PM
lol ok cely deserved his ban rofl

but what bout h4x0r ppls?

fkdup74
05-02-2004, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by sara5564@2 May 2004 - 10:31
Well, if that was Cely&#39;s attitude to the board, I am not surprised that he was banned, and pretty much deserved...still unsure about haxor tho..always found him pretty ok meself. :)
so.....
just because you disagree with someone&#39;s attitude,
then it is ok for them to be banned without a moderation?
or without at least a pm?

cely was acting like an ass, true, but that&#39;s just cely sometimes
he has also done a lot for musicworld, but we dont wanna mention that do we?
no, it would really fk up everyone&#39;s bitchy attitude
if you had to say something good about someone...

sArA
05-02-2004, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by FKDUP74+2 May 2004 - 18:59--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (FKDUP74 @ 2 May 2004 - 18:59)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-sara5564@2 May 2004 - 10:31
Well, if that was Cely&#39;s attitude to the board, I am not surprised that he was banned, and pretty much deserved...still unsure about haxor tho..always found him pretty ok meself.&nbsp; :)
so.....

if you had to say something good about someone... [/b][/quote]
I was not being bitchy, but responding to the thread in the link which clearly stated that Cely was trying to be banned.

He clearly got what he was seeking. I have no opinion about him in general and I expect he is a really great and helpful guy when not behaving like a toddler trying to get attention, which is what the thread implied.

I also don&#39;t see anything in my post that was insulting to Cely, just stating that it was not surprising that he was banned if that was his attitude.

However, I agree that PM, followed by moderation first would have been a better way to handle it.

Cheese
05-02-2004, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by sara5564+2 May 2004 - 18:11--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (sara5564 @ 2 May 2004 - 18:11)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by FKDUP74@2 May 2004 - 18:59
<!--QuoteBegin-sara5564@2 May 2004 - 10:31
Well, if that was Cely&#39;s attitude to the board, I am not surprised that he was banned, and pretty much deserved...still unsure about haxor tho..always found him pretty ok meself.&nbsp; :)
so.....

if you had to say something good about someone...
I was not being bitchy, but responding to the thread in the link which clearly stated that Cely was trying to be banned.

He clearly got what he was seeking. I have no opinion about him in general and I expect he is a really great and helpful guy when not behaving like a toddler trying to get attention, which is what the thread implied.

I also don&#39;t see anything in my post that was insulting to Cely, just stating that it was not surprising that he was banned if that was his attitude.

However, I agree that PM, followed by moderation first would have been a better way to handle it. [/b][/quote]
Reading that it sounds more like Cely is shooting his mouth off more than anything, given the fact that he had already been banned its understandle that he might want to give the appearance ofnot giving a feck about it or that it was what he really wanted.

Besides it was said on another forum and should have no bearing on the mods/admins eventual desicion on this matter.

Rip The Jacker
05-02-2004, 07:54 PM
OK, here is what I know so far. Cely wanted to be banned (http://filesharingtalk.com/index.php?showtopic=111079&view=findpost&p=996960), and Haxor was banned for spamming/breaking the rules over and over. Thats what I know. Also, I did not read all 6 pages.

Now, we&#39;re discussing this entire issue at the moment, it isn&#39;t going unnoticed. Let me ask you this, and not all members do this, but how are we supposed to come up with a solution to our issue here when you guys keep putting us down? You guys don&#39;t realize how hard it is to moderate (or be the admin of) such a large forum.

When something like this happens, a mod/admin has to act, he/she has to do something about it, and fast... But the members? No. The members have all the time in the world to take a look at our actions, and form an opinion on it, then use that opinion against us. It&#39;s like being on trial everyday...

A discussion has been placed in the Team Chat, why not relax, and cut us some slack?

hobbes
05-02-2004, 08:11 PM
Rip,

You guys are the ones who need to relax, that is the point.

Whatever the situation, you need to stop knee-jerking responses.

If someone crosses the line, put them on moderation, let them know this via PM and let things settle.

Sometimes when people get wound up they can spiral out of control. One post or one day, does not the poster make. Mods need to be the leaders and administer a "time out", and let the that person chill out.

Straight out bans without due process demonstrate to me that children should not be Mods.

J'Pol
05-02-2004, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by Rip The Jacker@2 May 2004 - 20:54
OK, here is what I know so far. Cely wanted to be banned (http://filesharingtalk.com/index.php?showtopic=111079&view=findpost&p=996960), and Haxor was banned for spamming/breaking the rules over and over. Thats what I know. Also, I did not read all 6 pages.

Now, we&#39;re discussing this entire issue at the moment, it isn&#39;t going unnoticed. Let me ask you this, and not all members do this, but how are we supposed to come up with a solution to our issue here when you guys keep putting us down? You guys don&#39;t realize how hard it is to moderate (or be the admin of) such a large forum.

When something like this happens, a mod/admin has to act, he/she has to do something about it, and fast... But the members? No. The members have all the time in the world to take a look at our actions, and form an opinion on it, then use that opinion against us. It&#39;s like being on trial everyday...

A discussion has been placed in the Team Chat, why not relax, and cut us some slack?
Fair point

However bear in mind that there is no mod conscription. As I understand it you (plural) were invited to do the job and agreed.

Similar to what people say to other members, if you don&#39;t like it you can stop. Liam found it took too much of his time so he ceased to be a mod. Others can do the same if they are unhappy. I think people would understand the reasons, particularly just now.

I think most of us accept that the mods may not have been consulted on a few things recently. You could not have done the banning so you cannot be responsible for it. We really should go back to warnings, moderation and ban if absolutely necessary. That&#39;s the way it works here.

Cheese
05-02-2004, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by Rip The Jacker@2 May 2004 - 18:54

You&#39;ve used this Celery quote twice now to back up your arguments which imo is a little unfair. This was said on another forum after he was banned. This could be any number of things, just blowing off steam, just bull-shitting or whatever. I hope you are not going to continue linking to this quote and telling us "He was trying to get banned."

You&#39;re going to need a bit more evidence rather than a few posts after the fact.

hobbes
05-02-2004, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by Withcheese+2 May 2004 - 21:16--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Withcheese @ 2 May 2004 - 21:16)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Rip The Jacker@2 May 2004 - 18:54

You&#39;ve used this Celery quote twice now to back up your arguments which imo is a little unfair. This was said on another forum after he was banned. This could be any number of things, just blowing off steam, just bull-shitting or whatever. I hope you are not going to continue linking to this quote and telling us "He was trying to get banned."

You&#39;re going to need a bit more evidence rather than a few posts after the fact. [/b][/quote]
Actually Cheese, that was posted before he was banned. He was gloating and it bit him in the ass hard.

That being said, I fully support that he should have been given a time of moderation and a second chance.

Straight out bans are not appropriate.

Rip The Jacker
05-02-2004, 08:23 PM
I think most of us accept that the mods may not have been consulted on a few things recently.
Exactly.

@Withcheese
Alright, what about a few posts before (http://filesharingtalk.com/index.php?act=Search&CODE=getalluser&mid=31030) he was banned? :unsure:

[B][O][T]
05-02-2004, 08:26 PM
RIP They cant see those posts, as they&#39;re in the Trashcan.

BOT

Rip The Jacker
05-02-2004, 08:27 PM
Actually hobbes is right. He posted that quote on the 28th, he had 8 posts on the 29th, it was posted before he was banned.

Image Resized
[img]http://server6.uploadit.org/files/KrackHead2k-cely.jpg' width='200' height='120' border='0' alt='click for full size view'> ('http://server6.uploadit.org/files/KrackHead2k-cely.jpg')

Why not give the guy what he wants? <_<

EDIT: Whoops, your right BOT. He posted 8 times on the 29th, 7 of those posts are in trashcan.

Cheese
05-02-2004, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by hobbes+2 May 2004 - 19:21--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hobbes @ 2 May 2004 - 19:21)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Withcheese@2 May 2004 - 21:16
<!--QuoteBegin-Rip The Jacker@2 May 2004 - 18:54

You&#39;re going to need a bit more evidence rather than a few posts after the fact.
Actually Cheese, that was posted before he was banned. He was gloating and it bit him in the ass hard.

That being said, I fully support that he should have been given a time of moderation and a second chance.

Straight out bans are not appropriate. [/b][/quote]
Fair enough, I should have paid more attention when you first posted the quote. :lol:

Still, this is so much bluster on Cely&#39;s part. What happens and is posted on other forums shouldn&#39;t have any bearing on what goes on here. Hopefully you&#39;ll be sticking to what was done here.

Peerzy
05-02-2004, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by Rip The Jacker@2 May 2004 - 19:54

Tottaly understod, however i still think that &#39;spur of the moment bannings shouldn&#39;t have happened. isnt that why the warn level is there, so Cely went from 0 warn level right up to 100% and being banned in one night :huh:

J'Pol
05-02-2004, 09:46 PM
It is difficult to ignore what the chap is saying on other boards.

Particularly when he is abusing and insulting the people here.

However there is obviously an argument that only his behaviour here should be considered. If for no other reason that no-one really knows who is making the posts elsewhere, or if he is simply venting. Or posting that way to be accepted by the chaps at the other board. To be honest, this seems likely.

It is a really difficult one to decide on. Not as black and white as people seem to think.

The one thing I am totally certain of is that the system we used before, warning - moderation - long moderation - occasional ban is the best way.

As I have posted elsewhere, the mods should be left to moderate, they are good at it and knowledgeable about the different relationships between the people here. That is very important, as is knowing what people are normally like. One cannot judge properly based on one post, or series of posts. One need context.

In short, I think the mods need some support / slack just now, to give them a chance to get things sorted and back the way we like them.

fkdup74
05-03-2004, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by J&#39;Pol@2 May 2004 - 13:46
It is a really difficult one to decide on. Not as black and white as people seem to think.

The one thing I am totally certain of is that the system we used before, warning - moderation - long moderation - occasional ban is the best way.

TY J&#39;Pol, think maybe that&#39;s a little more like what I meant to say B)

it wasn&#39;t an attempt to take the piss outta the mods,
(not all of em anyway :P )
although I admit that I do have my mischevious side at times,
that wasn&#39;t where I was going with that

Cely fkd up, but doesn&#39;t everyone from time to time?
has anyone here never fkd up?
"he who is without sin...." you know the rest ;)

ffs, I.News harrassed the whole fkn lounge forever,
spamming shit like I never seen before...
warned a million times...
and then moderated :blink:

so, all I say is what gives with the likes of Haxor and Cely?

Cheese
05-03-2004, 01:17 AM
Originally posted by FKDUP74+3 May 2004 - 00:11--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (FKDUP74 @ 3 May 2004 - 00:11)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-J&#39;Pol@2 May 2004 - 13:46

so, all I say is what gives with the likes of Haxor and Cely? [/b][/quote]
That&#39;s a good point members who&#39;ve been banned in the past have really pestered the board until there was no other option. I remember that Octopussy fella, he was going at it all the time... :01:

Chevy
05-03-2004, 01:58 AM
Originally posted by FKDUP74+3 May 2004 - 01:11--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (FKDUP74 &#064; 3 May 2004 - 01:11)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-J&#39;Pol@2 May 2004 - 13:46

so, all I say is what gives with the likes of Haxor and Cely?[/b][/quote]
:lol: at first glance I thought you had written a song with this post (layout)