PDA

View Full Version : Defrag Massive Media?

Wolfmight
05-01-2004, 04:56 PM
I'm looking for a way to defrag 10gb+ size files because i'm working on a video project and require large media to be stored, but diskeeper says the files are slowing the computer down. I try to run it's defrag on em and it just goes for hours and eventually just skips them and says it's done. LoL so i do one of those status scans and it says the same crap about the files slowing the computer down.
Is there a way i can defrag these large files, because I cant just delete them..

-thanks

btw, let me know something besides splitting them, because that requires extra hardrive space and the 120gb hd only has 20gb left. about 70gb of video stored on it in about 9 different files.

Lite
05-01-2004, 05:07 PM
In perfect disk try the option "agressive space consolidation" Or try using my fav defrag tool.... O & O Defrag

ck-uk
05-01-2004, 06:04 PM
i'm not sure what you mean by splittin'

You could create a little partition mate then move n put em on their own there.

Wolfmight
05-01-2004, 07:10 PM
already created the partion and i have windows os on a seperate one. I think that's why windows is not laggin, but when i try to browse the video partion.. it's really laggy sometimes.

ck-uk
05-01-2004, 08:02 PM
You'll have to put up with then m8 if they're huge files...try norton speed disk ..i'm using atm ...fuckin' diskeeper wont work for some odd reason

backlash
05-02-2004, 04:27 PM
could it be b/c ur using the preview (left hand side of windows explorer) and windows is tring to preview the file for you ... the image. That could slow the video browsing down.