PDA

View Full Version : Dvd Copying

Peerzy
05-02-2004, 12:42 PM
When i rent a dvd and use dvdshrink to copy and burn it, it only seems to play on some dvd players. Im using dvd-r media. Yet when i buy copies from my uncle who brings back loads from Thailand, they usually work on all dvd players. What am i doing wrong? Iv tried using dvd+rw media and again it worked on a few dvd players but now all. Is there a way to make dvd-r work on all players becuasemi just brought 50 and if i can't then there useless :(

AndrewBarker
05-02-2004, 02:18 PM
non branded dvd discs are useless.

a good quality DVD-r should be fine on all dvd players

delphin460
05-02-2004, 02:26 PM
hey mate , if they work on your dvd player then its fine , you aint selling copies are you , now that would be silly

the other thing is that some players require you copy the whole dvd with extra's and titles , or they play up ,

AndrewBarker
05-02-2004, 02:27 PM
another possibility that I've heard of is some dvd players won't play region free dvd's, so you could try ticking the appropriate box in dvdshrink to set it to your region, rather than region free

hope this is of some help

Peerzy
05-02-2004, 04:15 PM
No im not selling them, but i ahve 3 dvd players. the branded dvd+rw disc player on one out of 3 players and the unbranded dvd-r play'd on none of them. On dvdshrink i did leave it on region free, i'll try it on region 2 l8r on (im in uk) and i am coping the whole dvd.

the reason i brought unbranded is becuase they were cheap compared to about 1 pound(uk) a disc and these work out at 40p a disc.

Peerzy
05-02-2004, 04:30 PM
The discs are:

DVD+RW = Verbatim (Top quality in the UK)
DVD-R = Infiniti (Unsure but they were extreamly cheap, got them from ebuyer.co.uk)

Peerzy
05-03-2004, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by peerzyboy@2 May 2004 - 16:30
The discs are:

DVD+RW = Verbatim (Top quality in the UK)
DVD-R = Infiniti (Unsure but they were extreamly cheap, got them from ebuyer.co.uk)
Well i tried again this time doing the whole movie, doing it in region 2 and doing it at 2X and not 4X and it werked, w00t :D !

Now how do i extract the video files from a bin and cue.... people always say use Videolan well i have that but have been mucking around with it for 30 minutes now and i have opened the bin and cue but i can't seem to find out how to extract it.

:helpsmile:

AndrewBarker
05-04-2004, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by peerzyboy@3 May 2004 - 19:22
Now how do i extract the video files from a bin and cue.... people always say use Videolan well i have that but have been mucking around with it for 30 minutes now and i have opened the bin and cue but i can't seem to find out how to extract it.

VideoLan is for playing, not extracting

to extract files from a .bin you need to use something like WinISO

Peerzy
05-04-2004, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by AndrewBarker+4 May 2004 - 00:35--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (AndrewBarker @ 4 May 2004 - 00:35)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-peerzyboy@3 May 2004 - 19:22
Now how do i extract the video files from a bin and cue.... people always say use Videolan well i have that but have been mucking around with it for 30 minutes now and i have opened the bin and cue but i can&#39;t seem to find out how to extract it.

VideoLan is for playing, not extracting

to extract files from a .bin you need to use something like WinISO [/b][/quote]
Okay well i have WinISO and use it quite a bit, now i go into the mpeg directory is that the file i need, its .MPG?

Also how do you join MPG files together?

Adster
05-05-2004, 01:36 PM
hey pee

get a program called deamon Tools

it will mount a image from the cue

delphin460
05-05-2004, 02:16 PM
vcdgear will extract bin/cue file direct to mpeg2

Peerzy
05-05-2004, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by Adster@5 May 2004 - 13:44
hey pee

get a program called deamon Tools

it will mount a image from the cue
ui have it, i want to extract the file to encode and burn as a dvd.

SingaBoiy
05-05-2004, 05:47 PM
Heres what you so...

Open it with WinISO.

Open up the MPEGAV folder.

Right click the file and select "Extract but FILTER only M2F2 Mpeg frames"

Save it to a folder labeled Disc one if there is more then 1 disc. I am pretty sure you have to save it as the name that is currently is. I tried giving it a diff name before and it wouldnt play.

I found this method out just by messing around when I was bored.

J'Pol
05-05-2004, 10:17 PM
Open Nero

Burn an Image.

Select the Cue.

It will Burn it to an SVCD (probably) straight onto a CD. The cue is the information for the burning software, the bin is the actual data it uses.

Better still, select Nero as the programme to open Cue files (right click open with, always use this programme). Then double click the Cue and it will burn it automatically.

The SVCD it creates will play on most DVD players, or in software on your PC.

There is no need to convert anything. The system is designed to create SVCD (or whatever) directly. The other methods are an alternative to that. If you convert it to an mpeg it will only play on your PC, or something like the Yamada player.

The resulting CD (not DVD) will be as good a quality as the data is capable of producing. If it is a good bin it will be near DVD quality, on a CD.

SingaBoiy
05-06-2004, 05:29 AM
I have 2 dvd players and neither of them can play vcd/svcd&#39;s I would think twice about saying most will play them. You better better off not wasting a disc. Unless you wanna try it just once so you dont waste too many.

J'Pol
05-06-2004, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by SingaBoiy@6 May 2004 - 06:37
I have 2 dvd players and neither of them can play vcd/svcd&#39;s I would think twice about saying most will play them. You better better off not wasting a disc. Unless you wanna try it just once so you dont waste too many.
Look anywhere which gives good advice on these matters and they will say the same thing. Most DVD ploayers play SVCD, particularly modern ones.

You must have older players because they play in all of mine.

Of course someone should try it once and see if it works. If it doesn&#39;t work on your DVD then it doesn&#39;t work and don&#39;t make any more.

I would be willing to risk the 25p (about 50c I think) to find out if it works. If it does you get to watch the movie on your TV screen and it looks better than on a monitor.

Goo on chaps, take the risk spend the 25p.

Peerzy
05-06-2004, 07:10 PM
@J&#39;Pol - Thanks but im no n00b :lol: I know its already encoded and i know all that, imvery experienced with this, put i just paid £120 for a dvd-burn so that ican burn to dvd not cd ;) Thanks for the input though :)

@SingaBoiy - Will try later, thanks.

Now a new question...

Image Resized
[img]http://img50.photobucket.com/albums/v152/peerzyboy/kill_bill_uncut48.jpg' width='200' height='120' border='0' alt='click for full size view'> ('http://img50.photobucket.com/albums/v152/peerzyboy/kill_bill_uncut48.jpg')

I want to hard encode the subtitle files, and join the movie together, people keep seeding me to a dvd help with lots of guides but i&#39;v looked and can&#39;t find one for this type of file, can someone tell me how t hard encode the subs and then to join i think vcd gear will do that, but just back me up on that.

J'Pol
05-06-2004, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by peerzyboy@6 May 2004 - 20:18
@J&#39;Pol - Thanks but im no n00b :lol: I know its already encoded and i know all that, imvery experienced with this, put i just paid £120 for a dvd-burn so that ican burn to dvd not cd ;) Thanks for the input though :)

@SingaBoiy - Will try later, thanks.

Now a new question...

Image Resized
Image Resized
[img]http://img50.photobucket.com/albums/v152/peerzyboy/kill_bill_uncut48.jpg' width='200' height='120' border='0' alt='click for full size view'> (http://img50.photobucket.com/albums/v152/peerzyboy/kill_bill_uncut48.jpg)

I want to hard encode the subtitle files, and join the movie together, people keep seeding me to a dvd help with lots of guides but i&#39;v looked and can&#39;t find one for this type of file, can someone tell me how t hard encode the subs and then to join i think vcd gear will do that, but just back me up on that.

If it&#39;s currently cue bin for SVCD it will not look or sound any better if you convert it, rip it, ship it or blip it. Neither will it look any better if you copy it onto DVD rather than CD.

The medium is not the important issue, it is the quality of the files.

However good luck with your project.

I know I have done something similar with avi files i.e joined them together then remastered to a DVD which plays on DVD players. I can&#39;t remember how I did it tho&#39; I probably used a programme like Ulead DVD Creator which will convert movie files to DVD.

I don&#39;t bother anymore as the Yamada machine plays every file type you can think of, on any type of media you can think of. From mpg on cd, to divx on dvd-r.

That means I can have 6 movies on 1 DVD and they are selectable from a menu. It also cos £80 and has 5.1 sound built in.

Have a look (http://uk.special.reserve.co.uk/q_GG3334_dvd__divx_player__.html)