PDA

View Full Version : So This Is Musicworld..

N£MO
03-15-2003, 09:44 AM
Hello all,so anyone here actually play an instrument or make music somehow.Whether it be making tunes on your pc or maybe your a DJ who has done a few tunes...let us know :)
For the record i can play the guitar quite well, the piano average at and have written a few tunes but nothing published.I do it for pleasure and as a way of chilling out....I have only released 1 record and that was when i was 9 and it was a school choir album.A collection of beatles songs but luckily only 500 pressed so not many around.... :lol:
So come on you budding musicians tell us all.... :)

darrell4sho
03-16-2003, 06:53 PM
theres one right here. i produce hip hop so i use keyboards and drum machines.

Benno
03-16-2003, 06:57 PM
I play guitar.

Or at least i try to... :D

garretrevels
03-16-2003, 07:25 PM
I play guitar
bass
make hip hop beats
make hip hop
im in several bands
the Squeegees (http://www.mp3.com/Squeegees)
MCPROJECTILE (http://www.mp3.com/mcprojectile)
Craig & the Collaborators (http://artists.mp3s.com/artists/368/craig__the_collaborators.html)
Lower Sackville Social Club (http://www.accesscable.net/~dmisener/lssc/)

the Squeeges are an instrumental Surf band, i play bass

McProjectile is my hip hop stuff that im currently working on, afew more songs needed for the album to be complete (i make this stuff on my basement on my computer)

Craig & the Collaborators are a little bit of everything funk, country, hip hop, garage, blues,comedy,etc.. iplay guitar, sing, bass, percussion, write songs

Lower Sackville Social Club is a Instrumental Jazz thingive benn doing lately ,i play guitar and write songs

-=M3th0d=-
03-16-2003, 07:39 PM
I have passed all the piano exams (all 8 of them with 1 distinction, 4 merits and the rest passes) and also play the guitar to quite a high standard (i found it well easy with my experience on the piano).

Also i have turntables at home and am an amateur mixologist, tho my real love is for the piano.

Afronaut
03-16-2003, 07:43 PM
I play guitar mostly, been playing about over 20 years now, have a little studio where im having my fun, i got own music and some covers just for fun. :)

Anybody wants to hear some? Let me know, we could try to transfer something... somehow.

My user-name in Kazaa is Guitarslinger@KaZaA, dont know if something pops with searching.

I'd like to put my tunes on the net somewhere, but cant find a suitable free place. :(

Music varies a lot, heavy, rap, classical (Dovregubbens Hall with el.guitar on the lead), commersial (for local PR-video), rip-offs, Elvis (my landlord is HUGE elvis-fan) and lotsa guitar oriented stuff...

Gotta go now, but i'll be watching this thread later today, cool topic! :)

Rocktron
03-16-2003, 08:13 PM
Hi all,

I love my US Fender Strat.. nothing can top that one!http://community.the-underdogs.org/smiley/happy/guitarplus.gif (Hmm a Gibson Smiley..)
I have 8 guitars and a Bass Guitar. Should i name them all here?

Well okay:

US Fender Stratocaster
Ibanez S-Serie (Black metal Bitch!!)
Peavey EVH Wolfgang Special (With a Drop D option)
Epiphone (Sorento)
Eko (Mascot) very old 60's guitar great for blues!
Fender semi accoustic
A spanish guitar
A Fake Strat (My first guitar)
Squier Jazz Bass

Keyboards:

Yamaha DX7
Roland W-30 sampler
Fender Rhodes 73 Mark 1
Roland JV-90
Mini Korg (old stuff but cool sounds!)

All stuffed in a small room... we call it "The Time Machine"
Because it's dark.. and time just seem.. non excistend!

I play with friends some times on a sunday. We play everything but mostley Pink Floyd and Blues stuff. And yes we drink alot!
Vodka and beer! http://community.the-underdogs.org/smiley/happy/bottleplus.gif

Favorite Guitar players are: Joe Satriani and John Petrucci from Dream Theater!
My user name comes from the Rocktron factory.. check it Rocktron (http://www.rocktron.com)

But i mostley use my Marshall JMP - 1 Pre-amp now.
And an old Yamaha Rev-7 Reverb.

Nice Topic...! http://community.the-underdogs.org/smiley/happy/music049.gif

J'Pol
03-16-2003, 08:22 PM
If people are producing their own stuff why not share it directly. Stick it on your hard drive and share it at the soulseek site. That way we wouldn't have to try to search on Kazaa. We could get it straignt from you to listen to, so long as you wouldn't have a problem with that.

Obviously if anyone has commercial aspirations then that might not be appropriate. However if you just want some feedback on what you are doing then it is the ideal way. Perhaps see how people feel about a work in progress you have going. You could even let people know that you have something available by posting here. Maybe start a thread dedicated to it and people can post when they have something to share. Other people could post their opinion, or PM you if they felt more comfortable.

The only thing is you would have to join the soulseek site to share it, see the pinned. However if you're into music you will want to do that anyway.

On topic I play guitar badly (I have played on stage but we were rubbish). I also played the pipes in my youth. Though like a lot of people gave up to concentrate on football (soccer) alcohol and women. Yes in that order.

I did work with a chap who is now the Queen's Piper. Pretty much as good as you can get for a solo player. He practiced and played all the time and joined up just to practice and play the pipes. Even when he was younger he was an amazing player.

N£MO
03-16-2003, 08:24 PM
WOW!!What a gr8 response im very impressed with all these musicians around....shame we couldnt all get together for a 'jam' that would be cool!!

@ Guitar-Slinger,i would love to hear some of your music best way is either to get yourself to soulseek and we can trade there OR pm me with your IP and i will get to you via kazaa.

@ Rocktron,sounds like your a decent guitar player too so do you make your own music?Where can i check some of it out?

I love all music and always on look out for new music to check out.... ;)

Afronaut
03-16-2003, 09:33 PM
...cool :D

I have renamed my songs that they start with Guitar-Slinger, even added on the tags as a artist.

Later today im gonna hop on tha SoulSeek wagon what Funky-Capricorn has mentined (few times :lol: ), have the app allready, just have to install and learn how to use it.

And N£MO, keep trying, i've stopped sharing the rest for now, only mp3's. Dropped from 17k to mere 17hundred files.... :)

J'Pol
03-16-2003, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by Guitar-Slinger@16 March 2003 - 22:33

I have renamed my songs that they start with Guitar-Slinger, even added on the tags as a artist.

Later today im gonna hop on tha SoulSeek wagon what Funky-Capricorn has mentined (few times :lol: ), have the app allready, just have to install and learn how to use it.

And N£MO, keep trying, i've stopped sharing the rest for now, only mp3's. Dropped from 17k to mere 17hundred files.... :)
It's a piece of cake to use. I can even do it. Just read the pinned

Look forward to seeing you there and hearing you stuff.

Lamsey
03-16-2003, 09:47 PM
I play the drums for my school band and I play spanish guitar in the school celidh band.

Only problem is they both play absolute tosh so I don't get to play much decent stuff.

One of the coolest songs to play rhythm guitar to:
Great Big Sea - Consequence Free

nice 'n' easy but fantastic stuff - great fun.

N£MO
03-16-2003, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by Guitar-Slinger@16 March 2003 - 22:33

I just hooked up with Guitar-Slinger on kazaa and have listened to some of his music(and have all in download q at the moment) and he is an AMAZING guitarist and makes really original music!!
You got to check his music out...when i have finished downloading the rest of songs i will share them on soulseek with the others from forum.If thats ok with you Guitar-Slinger?Thanks :)

Afronaut
03-16-2003, 10:28 PM
My music is for fun and spezially tailored for sharing :D

J'Pol
03-16-2003, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by Lamsey@16 March 2003 - 22:47
I play the drums for my school band and I play spanish guitar in the school celidh band.

Only problem is they both play absolute tosh so I don't get to play much decent stuff.

nice 'n' easy but fantastic stuff - great fun.
Sorry for going off topic. Just for a moment tho

Lamsey, I love the fact that you used the phrase "absolute tosh". It's a picture in words.

Nemo, looking forward to hearing GS stuff. I am old enough to be totally into guitar music. Particularly when the guitar is being played by a person. Al DiMeola, John McLaughlin, Gary Moore, Alan Holdsworth and various others forgotten because the apple is strong with me.

GS, surely you are going to join SS as well. Get your music shared there dude. You know it makes sense.

Just thought I would add. HARTSON WAS ONSIDE.

N£MO
03-16-2003, 10:56 PM
You will enjoy it im sure JimiF...love the hartson was onside quote :lol: :lol: Will b back with you Music lovers on Soulseek very soon...suffering from withdrawl symptons now :blink: :unsure:

thomig
03-16-2003, 11:12 PM
Hi musicians

If you have some own songs in share, please post some hashes. I would like to listen your music.

I tried to find Guitar-Slinger for example, but there are much different results. The user Guitar-Slinger@kazaa I havn't found yet.

Afronaut
03-16-2003, 11:12 PM
Ok, since its allowed to list my gear here goes:

What were talking here is:

Gretsch 6120SSL, the Brian Setzer model: http://www.gretschguitars.com/gear/

Ibanez 6-stringer, root beer, http://www.jemsite.com/axes/model/jem7rb.htm

Ibanez 7-stringer, Universe, my main axe, http://www.jemsite.com/axes/model/uv777bk.htm

Ibanez /-stringer acoustic: http://www.ibanez.com/guitars/guitar.asp?m...model=AJ307CENT (http://www.ibanez.com/guitars/guitar.asp?model=AJ307CENT)

Framus accerman jubilee from 73 or 74, original, and found only this site when looking more info
http://www.framus.com/ak1974.htm

For amps i got Peavey 5150 combo, a kick-ass gain-amp for hevier riffing and Fender Bassman the Blonde from 1960-63, im not really sure but sounds really goob with Gretsch and Framus.

Efx i use are Ibanez Tube screamer 808, original from 70's, goot for blues and mellowing sounds.
Got Roland Space-Echo tape delay for freaky rockabilly sounds but found out that its not really user friendly, tapes are hard to find etc. Zoom 9010 efx and various pedals and Wah-Wahs etc.

Got muchos more gear too but im getting too lazy to type right now and im running out of links. :D

+ im gonna jump on Soulseek to share my music. Hope to meet new ppl there.

Cheers for everybody!

And thanks N£MO.

(edit: typo)

J'Pol
03-16-2003, 11:23 PM
Get to the soulseek room. No searching. Direct downloads.

Give it a try, please. If you don't like it what have you lost.

If you do, what have you gained. For me 40 (at least) albums in a couple of days. At £10 each, well you work it out.

For the musicians an ideal chance to let other people hear your music. It's a win / win situation.

Afronaut
03-16-2003, 11:59 PM
For anybody whos interested about what i do when im not in front of my PC:
:P

I am gonna add a topic on verified hashes in musicworld:

GUITAR SLINGER mp3's or somethin like that.

Bear in mind that there might not be too many guys sharing, sources may be somewhat small or so, gonna open more slots in Kazaa, so go ahead, be my quest and start to suck. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

garretrevels
03-17-2003, 12:31 AM
what room on soulseek are you in?

J'Pol
03-17-2003, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by garretrevels@17 March 2003 - 01:31
No offence, but please read FC's pinned topic.

Look forward to seeing you there.

garretrevels
03-17-2003, 12:41 AM
where's the pinned topic? in music world? cause theres none started by fc

N£MO
03-17-2003, 12:42 AM
garretrevels Posted on 17 March 2003 - 01:31
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Read Funky Capricorn's sticky for all the info you need...its in MusicWorld verifieds and is a sticky ;)

Afronaut
03-17-2003, 02:34 AM
Just added a topic in:

->Discussions->Musicworld->Verified Hashes->Guitar-slinger's Own Mp3's

http://www.klboard.ath.cx/bb/index.php?act...ST&f=18&t=22030 (http://www.klboard.ath.cx/bb/index.php?act=ST&f=18&t=22030)

I stopped sharing everything else but my own songs at the moment in hope that somebody will get these songs from me.

Im gonna try that SoulSeeker now, been too busy posting my first topic and chatting with N£MO. :D
Im a bit slow and also newbie, so many fags and stuff i need to go through....

Thanks for N£MO once again for helping me out.

This is such a COOL board :)

N£MO
03-17-2003, 08:12 AM
Just going to head over and check out your new topic...The links you put up here are good...my favourite is the Ibanez 7-stringer,what a lovely guitar!!!Glad i could help you out and look forward to seeing you on soulseek ;)

Just need a drummer and singer now the we can conquer the music world... :lol:

Afronaut
03-17-2003, 12:38 PM
Any drummers or singers around? :P

Anyways, im in SoulSeek: KLF MusicWorld.

And i started using Robs supernode.

Check my topic "Guitar-slinger's Own Mp3's" for more info.

pureoriginal
04-14-2003, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by N£MO@16 March 2003 - 20:24
WOW!!What a gr8 response im very impressed with all these musicians around....shame we couldnt all get together for a 'jam' that would be cool!!

I love all music and always on look out for new music to check out.... ;)
im a solo artist although i have been in bands before
i started using software a couple of years ago coz i got fed up with having to comply with other band members wishes on 'what we should play'
since then i have made lots of music using progams like reason and cubase
i have now created a website so that my music and music by other artists can be shared
[i figured that others may aswell bennefit from the space]
it offers unlimmited space for artists to post there tunes with the added option of contacting any of the artists listed on order to work together with them so jamming is possible
i have started working on a couple of tunes with a guy from Torronto [i live in SW England]
but it can be a lengthy process
the site has only been up for about a month so no-one really knows its there yet
give me a shout if anyone wants the address :D

Bass
04-16-2003, 04:56 AM
Originally posted by JmiF+16 March 2003 - 23:44--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JmiF @ 16 March 2003 - 23:44)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Lamsey@16 March 2003 - 22:47

Only problem is they both play absolute tosh so I don&#39;t get to play much decent stuff.

nice &#39;n&#39; easy but fantastic stuff - great fun.
Sorry for going off topic. Just for a moment tho

Lamsey, I love the fact that you used the phrase "absolute tosh". It&#39;s a picture in words.

Nemo, looking forward to hearing GS stuff. I am old enough to be totally into guitar music. Particularly when the guitar is being played by a person. Al DiMeola, John McLaughlin, Gary Moore, Alan Holdsworth and various others forgotten because the apple is strong with me.

GS, surely you are going to join SS as well. Get your music shared there dude. You know it makes sense.

Just thought I would add. HARTSON WAS ONSIDE. [/b][/quote]
yeh, jmiF, I saw Alan Holdsworth at the Victoria in Nottingham,UK. A truly excellent gig and was totally blown away by the whole experience. Got to be 1 of the best ever,oh yeh,and I play bass. :D
Cheers,
Bass.

fallenknight308
04-16-2003, 06:45 AM
I play the guitar, the bass, the drums, woodwinds, and a little keyboard B)
And I sing too :D

N£MO
04-16-2003, 01:40 PM
I am amazed by the amount of musicians that frequent our forum,its refreshing to see&#33;&#33; :D

Shame we couldn&#39;t all jam over the internet...or make our own music together,would be a good laugh even if slightly impossible ;)

pureoriginal
04-16-2003, 02:23 PM
i know what you mean it would be good to get a whole load of us together all at once.
might get a bit chaotic though

if anyone uses software to create there tunes i would be into ping ponging a tune back and forth with them
to see what our combined efforts would be like.

like i said erlier i have allready done this with a guy from torronto
he makes hip hop and i make chillout tunes,
it took us a while but the outcome was quite cool