PDA

View Full Version : What Are The Tools?

themanhere10
05-02-2004, 06:33 PM
OK, I am sure I am not the first to do this, and if someone helps me, you can get rid of this thread.

The only tools that i show on my K++ are:
AVI Preview
K-Dat
K-Sig
KaZuperNodes
IP Blocker Updater
video lan

I believe there are others, and am wondering were i can download them, and what they do.

Thanks a bunch.

[B][O][T]
05-02-2004, 06:39 PM
How do I preview a movie file?

To preview a file, wait until you have downloaded at least a few MB of the file. Then pause the download.

Open your partial downloaded movie with VideoLAN or AVI Preview.

-------------------

What is K-Dat?

This tool can be used to view information of your .dat files:
- Filename
- Size
- usernames of sources
- IP addresses of sources
- IP addresses of Supernodes
- The file data itself
- Destination folder of the file
- Etc.

-------------------

What is K-Sig?

This is an more advanced version of the Sig2Dat program. For more information see the Sig2Dat Tutorial in this FAQ.

-------------------

What is KaZuperNodes?

This is a supernode manager. With it you can connect to a supernode of your choice. It can show information about supernodes, like their username and geographical location.

-------------------

You should try the FAQ (http://filesharingtalk.com/klfaq.chm) :)

BOT

themanhere10
05-02-2004, 07:11 PM
what meant was are there others that aren’t listed there? cause in screen shots i see some that i don’t have, and aren’t listed on the FAQ.

MUSLEMAN
05-02-2004, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by themanhere10@2 May 2004 - 15:11
what meant was are there others that aren?t listed there? cause in screen shots i see some that i don?t have, and aren?t listed on the FAQ.
if you are refering to the tools in this thread they come with klt k++ (http://filesharingtalk.com/index.php?showtopic=109695)

themanhere10
05-02-2004, 09:13 PM
does that work with 2.4.3, or is it a total new download. Cause the only problem with the V2.6 is that you have to share your files in order to have good download speeds.

MUSLEMAN
05-02-2004, 09:18 PM
its a different version updated with more tools. just take what you have now, updated and add the tools and that is what klt k++ is

themanhere10
05-02-2004, 09:23 PM
i will give it a go and see how it does :), ok i dont kow were to put problems, but here sounds good. I downloaded it, and it still only has the same tools on the tools bar on the top that my old 2.4.3 had. It has alot more in the start menu folder. what needs to be done? :helpsmile: Also the tools thing on the botom looks like it was just thrown in there ??

tensegg
05-02-2004, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by themanhere10@2 May 2004 - 21:13
does that work with 2.4.3, or is it a total new download. Cause the only problem with the V2.6 is that you have to share your files in order to have good download speeds.
your wrong on that score dude, but since you have a problem with sharing your files, may all your downloads be slow and your fast ones be fake and virus :P leeching fool :angry:

themanhere10
05-02-2004, 09:30 PM
im scared the FCC or whatever will come and get me ;) and i guess i ment that i dont have the search more option when i disabpe sharing of files.

MUSLEMAN
05-02-2004, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by themanhere10@2 May 2004 - 17:23
i will give it a go and see how it does :), ok i dont kow were to put problems, but here sounds good. I downloaded it, and it still only has the same tools on the tools bar on the top that my old 2.4.3 had. It has alot more in the start menu folder. what needs to be done? :helpsmile: Also the tools thing on the botom looks like it was just thrown in there ??
uninstall your version then install the klt k++ boss

themanhere10
05-02-2004, 09:50 PM
cool, much better. Now for more noob questions (thanks for your help) can you explain what these tools are/how to use them:

Gspot
KChecker
MP3Shield
VirtualDub
IsoBuster
Hoststools
Kazaa Corruption Fixer

some i have no clue how to fun or even what they do.

MUSLEMAN
05-02-2004, 09:55 PM
avi preview+ == for preview of avi & mpg (we recomment videolan. it could not be added in because it made the install file huge.)

badIPupdater== updates your ipranges for ips that are known to have bs files

hoststool== help you edit your host files

isobuster== for extracting bin and iso files also files from cds

kanat== ip replacer tool. you need kanat only if you are behind a router

kasupernodes== this tool help you work the suprenodes, changing replacing etc.

kcf== kazaa corruption fixer help you fix corrupt files

kcheccker== kchecker is a tool to help search files for corrupt parts and repalce them

k-dat== k-dat helps open read modify and etc. your dat files

kltconfigwizard== the wizard is there to set your settings if it your first time running klite or if you need to reset you upload/download speed and etc. (don't run it unless you need to)

k-sig== k-sig is a tool for making handling and taking in sig2dat links.

mp3shield== mp3shield is another tool that will search your folder for corrupt files and replace the corrupt parts for you

supertrick== supertrick is a file in your windows that blocks certain sites with their net address. you use hoststools to modify what to block and what not to block.

vdub== virtual dub is a tool used for many things like spliting avi or joining avi files, putting the video and audio in sync and etc.

tensegg
05-02-2004, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by themanhere10@2 May 2004 - 21:30
im scared the FCC or whatever will come and get me  ;)  and i guess i ment that i dont have the search more option when i disabpe sharing of files.
:frusty: http://www.emotipad.com/emoticons/Moonie.gif nuff said

themanhere10
05-02-2004, 10:30 PM
my next noob question is how to i change the settings from playing in the midia player to the theatre?

MUSLEMAN
05-02-2004, 10:55 PM
i belive we just took care fo theat too :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: