PDA

View Full Version : Avi Moveis 2 Dvd

original_nuttahx
05-03-2004, 10:47 PM
Hi,

I have seen all your guides on how to turn mpeg to dvd. Ive just brought a dvd rw in hope of copying some films ive downloaded. Your guide looks fine the only problem i am having is turning the avi to mpeg. I CANT SEEM TO DO IT! Ive had problems before with TEMPG it converts but with no sound! Ive also used acp which crashed on me. If anyone knows a software or something i can get then it would be alot of help! ive tried looking on google but ive got no joy!

thanks

mark :frusty:

vivitron 15
05-03-2004, 11:20 PM
go to the forums at kvcd.net and try "diko" its pretty good, and will convert straight to dvd-compatible source

though if you get no sound, you may wanna check the file is ok/codecs are loaded using GSpot (get the klite codec pack)

original_nuttahx
05-05-2004, 08:02 AM
it syas unable to create scripts when i use diko. im confusd i add the file make sure the options are ok it says it will take a couple of hours and then it says unable to create scripts

holdenmagroin
05-05-2004, 04:35 PM
dunno if it helps mate,
but i do the same with DVD X maker by 321 studios or Ulead DVD moviefactory 2.
These (especially the first one), seem to convert the avi files automatically for you,
sometimes Ulead movie fac doesnt seem to convert to disc, so i convert it to ISO then copy that to disc with Nero 6

Hope this helps a little mate

PS all programs have been downloaded (DVDX maker etc) from Kazaa

laters

SingaBoiy
05-05-2004, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by original_nuttahx@3 May 2004 - 13:55
Hi,

I have seen all your guides on how to turn mpeg to dvd. Ive just brought a dvd rw in hope of copying some films ive downloaded. Your guide looks fine the only problem i am having is turning the avi to mpeg. I CANT SEEM TO DO IT! Ive had problems before with TEMPG it converts but with no sound! Ive also used acp which crashed on me. If anyone knows a software or something i can get then it would be alot of help! ive tried looking on google but ive got no joy!

thanks

mark :frusty:
You have to use VirtualDub to extract a sound file.

muchspl2
05-05-2004, 06:12 PM
you vafpi settings are wrong, check svcd/vcd tips tricks in my sig
always remove bad frames and you will never have a problem

original_nuttahx
05-09-2004, 09:50 AM
ive manged to make my file in avi can you gove me a link to the site that tells u how to do it agin. and is there a special way how you can fit more than one film on or a couple of episodes

SlipSwitch
05-09-2004, 10:40 AM
well how bout the other way round,,, whats a good program for turning DVD to avi??

original_nuttahx
05-10-2004, 05:14 PM
nope coz i wanna turn films ive download to disk not get a dvd and turn it to avi

cld sumone please give me the link i think it was pinned but i lost it?

cheers all

mark

keyser_soze
05-10-2004, 11:33 PM
I'm glad you brought this up because I'm doing the exact same thing :rolleyes: I've just got a dvd rw and never expected it to be this much hard work :D I've seen a few other posts about about TEMPeng some ppl say that the sounds alright but others say u need to use a different prog to encode the music, if you seperate the audio and visual at which point to you put them back together?
I know its big time noob stuff but I started looking at sites on how to burn dvds and ended up gettting side tracked into to other stuff I knew even less about. :D

original_nuttahx
05-13-2004, 04:14 PM
i knw what you mean they have a good pinned source o here which can help u how to do it!

if sumone cld give me the url?

Lzzrdboy
05-14-2004, 10:29 AM
I've got a crap-load of DVD utilities good for all you've mentioned. If you like, go to the Tylertoo FTP Server forum, more specifically, File Lists and check out the application file lists forum for a complete listing of my dvd utility collection. I mainly use decrypter and shrink to back up existing dvds but the Aare software will convert just about any format to / from dvd avi mpeg format without a problem.

If you're looking to trade, feel free to post your trade requests in the requests forum.