PDA

View Full Version : Is It Possible To Get Tv Episodes

DWells55
05-04-2004, 01:12 AM
Is it possible to get episodes of television shows before they are broadcast over the air? I made a $5 bet with a friend who says you can get most episodes a week before they are on TV, but I think he's lying. Not exactly a trustworthy person... I'm almost positive you can't just need a final answer that I can shove in his face and ask for the $5 with :lol: . And if you can, how? I don't want to wait 3 weeks for the next episode (season finally) of Alias...

Edit: Maybe there should be a Televisionworld now that I think about it, we got a Sportsworld...

Filliz
05-04-2004, 01:14 AM
Originally posted by DWells55@4 May 2004 - 01:12
Is it possible to get episodes of television shows before they are broadcast over the air?
that's most unlikely i think

DWells55
05-04-2004, 01:16 AM
Yes! Knew it!

GHOST 1337
05-04-2004, 01:23 AM
its not possible....unless your friends with the producers :lol:

tesco
05-04-2004, 01:55 AM
its possible, but doesnt happen much. someone friends with teh producers could steel it and leak it out onto the internet...

hey it happens with movies, why not episodes?

NikkiD
05-04-2004, 03:30 AM
It used to happen quite frequently - but not a week in advance, a day or so in advance was quite common. I used to download Friends and CSI the morning of the day they were airing last season, and even at the beginning of this season, but they haven't been available that early the last few months.

They're called wildfeeds, and they're transmissions sent by the networks via satellite to their affiliate stations. If you're in the correct location and have the right equipment, you can receive them, and some of the TV show cappers used to do this. This season, most of the networks have begun to encrypt these feeds, so it's not seen as commonly as it was in the past.

RealitY
05-05-2004, 07:00 AM
Well looks like the poster may be out on a bet now...

wienerschnitzel
05-05-2004, 07:16 AM
I do it all the time. prime time in the east coast is early afternoon for me. everything i watch on network tv is delayed.

i enjoy downloading american idol and telling everyone what happened before the show airs.

it all depends on where your are and what you watch.

i watched gundam seed as it was airing in japan. it only took a few days for me to get a subtitled copy. only now it is being aired in america. im over a year ahead in that series

vivitron 15
05-05-2004, 09:50 AM
im in the UK and i get Friends a season (well not this one) in advance, so i guess it depends where you are ;)

bujub22
05-05-2004, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by GHOST 1337@3 May 2004 - 21:31
its not possible....unless your friends with the producers :lol:
;)

or u got family that work in there!

Tikibonbon
05-05-2004, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by vivitron 15@5 May 2004 - 09:58
im in the UK and i get Friends a season (well not this one) in advance, so i guess it depends where you are ;)
so how do you get shows that haven&#39;t been produced yet? :P <_< :P

Mullyman
05-05-2004, 07:29 PM
A question for wienerschnitzel...you said that [QUOTE]:i enjoy downloading american idol and telling everyone what happened before the show airs.

i was wondering how you can do this..when American Idol is broadcast live? It wouldn"t make a difference where you lived in the world...live is live :devil:

Tikibonbon
05-05-2004, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by Mullyman@5 May 2004 - 19:37
A question for wienerschnitzel...you said that [QUOTE]:i enjoy downloading american idol and telling everyone what happened before the show airs.

i was wondering how you can do this..when American Idol is broadcast live? It wouldn"t make a difference where you lived in the world...live is live :devil:
he is also able to get games off suprnove before anyone else in the world :P

deathonastick
05-05-2004, 10:22 PM
I recorded Star Trek off satellite a week before it aired for over 15 years.

wienerschnitzel
05-05-2004, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by Mullyman@5 May 2004 - 09:37
A question for wienerschnitzel...you said that
:i enjoy downloading american idol and telling everyone what happened before the show airs.

I know its not live for me. tonight it will be shown at 7:30 pm my time. It will be shown at 8:30 pm on the the east coast. Live on the east coast means 2:30 pm for me.

In case your wondering, I live in hawaii.

DWells55
05-05-2004, 11:56 PM
Looks like I was right. My friend said it was possible to get them a week in advance even here (East Coast). I&#39;d be happy with even getting them an hour in advance sometimes. I&#39;m so mad that the next episode (season finally) of Alias isn&#39;t for 3 weeks&#33; I want to see it now&#33; Stupid teasers at the end of the show that preview the next episode. And 24, too&#33; Anyone watch that show? Great show, last night&#39;s episode was great&#33;

Mullyman
05-06-2004, 12:13 AM
wienerschnitzel.. So if that is the case how can you know the results before anyone else....you can"t...as i said it is live...there are no pre-tape shows....so everyone sees it at the same time...regardless what time it is or where you live......but if i am wrong then ...tell me the full results......your theory is wrong...you don"t know the results before anyone else...you say it will be live for you at 2:30 your time that is 8:30 my time which is about an hour from now...so the bottom line..we will see it at the same time :devil:...

wienerschnitzel
05-06-2004, 03:10 AM
Originally posted by Mullyman@5 May 2004 - 14:21
wienerschnitzel.. So if that is the case how can you know the results before anyone else....you can"t...as i said it is live...there are no pre-tape shows....so everyone sees it at the same time...regardless what time it is or where you live......but if i am wrong then ...tell me the full results......your theory is wrong...you don"t know the results before anyone else...you say it will be live for you at 2:30 your time that is 8:30 my time which is about an hour from now...so the bottom line..we will see it at the same time :devil:...
Im saying that fox hawaii taped the show and then plays it back 5 hours after they receive. there is a contorl room that gets live satelite feeds from fox headquarters. in the east they just broadcast the satelite feeds. where im at they delay the show.

what I was try to say eariler is if it were live where i am at, it would be shown at 2:30 pm hawaiian time (becuase this is the same as 8:30 pm east coast time). Instead, it comes on tv at 7:30 pm hawaiian time. Thats a five hours difference that fox hawaii puts in.

and don&#39;t call what i said a theory, ive actually done it.

Mullyman
05-06-2004, 03:44 AM
...you may think you can bullshit some people with double talk...as i said before live is live no which way you slice it...what your trying to say you can view a live show before anyone else..you know how stupid that sounds,now if i understand you your saying you get a tape delay and don"t see the show until 5 hours after it is broadcast because of where you live..but if you where to watch it live it would be 2:30pm...so how in the hell can you know what happens before anyone else does..so your statement Quote:"Im saying that fox hawaii taped the show and then plays it back 5 hours after they receive. there is a contorl room that gets live satelite feeds from fox headquarters. in the east they just broadcast the satelite feeds.[ where im at they delay the show."]..is contradicting yourself then..because i am watching it live while there taping it...so in theory everybody sees it before you :devil:

wienerschnitzel
05-06-2004, 06:23 AM
Originally posted by Mullyman+5 May 2004 - 17:52--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mullyman &#064; 5 May 2004 - 17:52)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>...you may think you can bullshit some people with double talk...as i said before live is live no which way you slice it...what your trying to say you can view a live show before anyone else..you know how stupid that sounds,now if i understand you your saying you get a tape delay and don"t see the show until 5 hours after it is broadcast because of where you live..but if you where to watch it live it would be 2:30pm...so how in the hell can you know what happens before anyone else does..so your statement Quote:"Im saying that fox hawaii taped the show and then plays it back 5 hours after they receive. there is a contorl room that gets live satelite feeds from fox headquarters. in the east they just broadcast the satelite feeds.[ where im at they delay the show."]..is contradicting yourself then..because i am watching it live while there taping it...so in&nbsp; theory everybody sees it before you :devil:[/b]

Not everyone downloads tv shows. the rest of the state has not watched it. in this case i have watched it before everyone i know.

<!--QuoteBegin-Mullyman@5 May 2004 - 17:52
...you may think you can bullshit some people with double talk...[/quote]

what reason do i have to bullshit people? try carefully reading someting before you accuse people of doing things. you just sound like a dumb ass. hopefully after the third time i have explained this you understand what i am saying.

(and learn how to use the quote button and the enter key so what you write is easier to understand)

Mullyman
05-06-2004, 01:46 PM
Now thats the best you could come up with.."learn how to use the quote button".....i read your bullshit over carefully..and as i said you contradicted yourself in your posts....i coudn"t give a shit if you explained it 50 times...bullshit is bullshit....and if you believe it....fine...then explain then how do the people cast their favorite vote then when the poll closes 2 hours after the live broadcast....if people don"t see it till 5 hours later?...think about it ...as in your words "DUMB ASS"

NikkiD
05-06-2004, 01:57 PM
He&#39;s not a dumbass, he&#39;s in a different time zone. When the show airs on the east coast at 8:30, it&#39;s still midday in Hawaii. They don&#39;t air the show live there - they can&#39;t, or else no one would watch it. What you think they perform the show multiple times so that everyone sees it live? It&#39;s live on the east coast and central time zone. Everyone else sees a tape of the live broadcast.

All he said was that he watches it when it&#39;s being broadcast on the east coast, instead of waiting until it&#39;s replayed for Hawaii.

@ DWells - yeah, you&#39;re right. I don&#39;t recall ever having been able to get a show like Friends or Alias more than a few hours before airtime, let alone a week in advance.

Mullyman
05-06-2004, 02:44 PM
What do you mean they can"t broadcast it live there in the afternoon...of course they can and they do...and heres how...They view the program live via a satellite dish. Tuesday&#39;s broadcast, shown delayed at 7 p.m. on KHON, was live at 3 p.m. by satellite...so what my point was he doesn"t see it before everyone else does...people with satellites see it before him...because he has to download it...he gave the impression that no one else could view it live where he lives :devil:

DWells55
05-06-2004, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by NikkiD@6 May 2004 - 09:05
@ DWells - yeah, you&#39;re right. I don&#39;t recall ever having been able to get a show like Friends or Alias more than a few hours before airtime, let alone a week in advance.
What do you mean by a few hours? Like 3 or 4? If so, where can I get &#39;em this early? I&#39;d like to watch Alias and 24 around 7:00 when nothing good is on TV instead of 9:00. Too bad RobotoLabs doesn&#39;t have Simpsons episodes until the morning after they show...

Tikibonbon
05-06-2004, 06:26 PM
argueing over who gets to see american idol first is TEH GEHEST&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

mooseman2070
05-06-2004, 06:35 PM
you could get them a few hours in advance, most ppl rip tv shows in the uk (5 hours ahead if on east coast) that show in america, i could download the simpsons at 7:00 sometimes :lol:

Mullyman
05-06-2004, 06:53 PM
Who in the fuck is arguing over American Idol....these are just opinions :frusty: ...besides what i have seen with the ridiculous...repetitive and childish and whining posts in the past week about people getting banned and spamming anything is a break from that...at least this one is not closed[yet] :devil:

DWells55
05-07-2004, 01:59 AM
Originally posted by mooseman2070@6 May 2004 - 13:43
you could get them a few hours in advance, most ppl rip tv shows in the uk (5 hours ahead if on east coast) that show in america, i could download the simpsons at 7:00 sometimes :lol:
Wheere do you get &#39;em at 7 from? [rl] doesn&#39;t release &#39;em till morning after.

brotherdoobie
05-07-2004, 08:19 AM
Who in the fuck is arguing over American Idol
It seems that you are dear boy.

...besides what i have seen with the ridiculous...repetitive and childish and whining posts in the past week about people getting banned and spamming anything is a break from that...at least this one is not closed[yet]&nbsp;

Really...I thought it quite dull actually.

Peace brotherdoobie

Mullyman
05-07-2004, 01:56 PM
First...cut the dear boy crap...i have kids your age

Secondly...if you find it dull...then don"t waste your time responding

Third...http://img48.photobucket.com/albums/v148/Mullyman/th_gives.gif

Tikibonbon
05-07-2004, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by Mullyman@7 May 2004 - 14:04
First...cut the dear boy crap...i have kids your age

Secondly...if you find it dull...then don"t waste your time responding

Third...http://img48.photobucket.com/albums/v148/Mullyman/th_gives.gif
you have kids in there 30&#39;s, yet you&#39;re argueing about american idol, sheesh

Mullyman
05-07-2004, 02:15 PM
As stated before...who in the fuck is arguing...it was different opinions being offered...now the opinions have stopped and certain people just want to put 2cents worth of bullshit in...as an example from brotherdoobie...he found the whole thing actually dull....but then here is a quote from may 3...So lets get back to talking about filesharing,shaved bums,what we ate for breakfast and other silly conversations.
....so i was just following the suggestion....silly conversations....now its dull :frusty: