PDA

View Full Version : Help With A Downloaded File

pooponyou
05-04-2004, 05:17 PM
Hi, i just downloaded rise of nations and it is a .iso file. it is a 555,000 kb file. i can't open it for anything, i downloaded magic iso, and it still wouldn't open it, it just kept giving me a serious watson 7 error message, does anyone know how to make this damn game work?! Thx, I would really appreciate any help or suggestions,
signed
poop on you

Nogimics
05-04-2004, 05:59 PM
Have you tried burning the ISO to disc and see if it works that way??

Other options would be to use daemon-tools (http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/portal/portal.php) and mount the ISO and see if it works or ISO Buster (http://www.smart-projects.net/isobuster/)

Mad Cat
05-04-2004, 07:02 PM
Where did you download from?

pooponyou
05-04-2004, 11:02 PM
kazaa of course. i tried the other two programs, they did not work either, maybe i just got a bad version?

pooponyou
05-04-2004, 11:04 PM
but im not quite sure how to use the daemon tools thing, i would really like to play this game, and it sucks that i can't, any help would be great!

pooponyou
05-04-2004, 11:44 PM
so, i have to burn the iso file onto a dvd or what? will the nero demo version do this you think? any other suggestions on what software to use to burn the iso onto a dvd? sorry to be posting so much, just trying to learn some stuff, thx

SingaBoiy
05-05-2004, 04:29 AM
DVD? It shouldnt be on a dvd. When type of a file is it?

If its a .bin/.cue or and iso/image file.... get Alcohol 120%. Run it and it will install a vitual drive (fake drive that acts as a cd-rom drive)

Right-click the virtual drive it installed and click mount image. Find you image and it should work.

pooponyou
05-05-2004, 06:57 AM
thanks, ill have to try that, it is an .iso file, ill let you know my progress, i appreciate the help though.

pooponyou
05-05-2004, 09:05 PM
hey, thanks sooo much, that alcohol 120% worked like a charm! i had never heard of this program, still dont understand how it worked, but now im playin rise of nations! thanks again for your post.