PDA

View Full Version : Users Deliberatly Using Wrong File Names!

POWER_USER
03-15-2003, 03:25 PM
That's what I think. What do you think!!. This should be stamped out somehow. I downloaded a 266MB file with a description as SIMS VACATION. only it was NOT. it turned out to be black &white then a 161MB file which was supposed to be SIMS VACATION. Nope a crappy racing game with no hintnhat it was.

Think of those 56k users you idiots!. imagine how long they spent trying to get a movie for there kids and it turned out to be something completly different and umwatchable....

Has anybody had this prob and is there a way around it. thanks ;)

accat13
03-15-2003, 03:28 PM
Try and stick with the verifieds this will solve the problem :rolleyes:

POWER_USER
03-15-2003, 03:30 PM
I dont seem to be having any luck with the verfieds, either No sources are found or SIG2 never finds it.

But do you know a good list of verifieds as they seem to be all over the place. thanks ;)

itay
03-15-2003, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by accat13@15 March 2003 - 16:28

chek the verifieds hash, the files there is always good

Rocktron
03-15-2003, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by POWER_USER@15 March 2003 - 16:25

Has anybody had this prob and is there a way around it. thanks ;)
Another good way is using Autosearch and after a wile click the + sign to open all files in the search results!
If any of these files is named other than the file you are looking for... (i mean a total differend name) DON'T DOWNLOAD IT! ;)

Some times the Verifieds are not updated.. so the file you are looking for is shared but not added to the new Verifieds yet!

SolidWing68
03-15-2003, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by accat13@15 March 2003 - 16:28
Thats basically the best way to go, just do that I would say

"The Avatar Man"
03-15-2003, 03:44 PM
LOOK at the verifieds and do a search and look for the files that are the same size ;)

POWER_USER
03-15-2003, 03:47 PM
I'll go with rocktron's idea, as i cannot get the sig2 prog to find a thing, maybe i'm not using it correctly but when it put's the search into kaZZA traffic it never finds any sources.

The Knife Thrower
03-15-2003, 03:59 PM
Never download software unless you get it from the verifieds section.

JakeSmith
03-15-2003, 04:04 PM
i tried to d/l need for speed H.P2 twice and both times they were different games :angry:

DarthInsinuate
03-15-2003, 04:06 PM
sometimes people seem to download a file with the wrong filename and then just leave it as that,
either lazy or stupid or just plain mean

as for the sig2dat thing you might need to do a manual search to find more sources, check in the tips/questions/problems section - there's alot on this

ezyryder
03-15-2003, 04:17 PM
if you are having a problem with the verifieds (as I do sometimes) just look at the file size and then do an advanced search including the file size plus file name then it hopefuly will eliminate these painfully annoying fakes.

Rocktron
03-15-2003, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by DarthInsinuate@15 March 2003 - 17:06
sometimes people seem to download a file with the wrong filename and then just leave it as that,

Hear hear!

And sometimes people download a file Movie/or game and they find out it's the wrong one, and they are angry enough to share the same bogus file just to get even! :angry:

"The Avatar Man"
03-15-2003, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by Rocktron+15 March 2003 - 17:37--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Rocktron @ 15 March 2003 - 17:37)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--DarthInsinuate@15 March 2003 - 17:06

Hear hear&#33;

And sometimes people download a file Movie/or game and they find out it&#39;s the wrong one, and they are angry enough to share the same bogus file just to get even&#33; :angry: [/b][/quote]
the assholes don&#39;t realize that the people they got it from ALREADY HAVE IT THEREFORE THEY AIN&#39;T GONNA BE DOWNLOADING IT :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Shinigami_[R.I.P.]
03-15-2003, 04:59 PM
This is just a general tip but follow the same guidelines for software and games and such:

Originally posted by Me

Tips for finding verified movies:

After about 10 megs or 10% of the total DL of the movie, use Avipreview and see if its your movie.&nbsp; Click the screen of Avipreview and an Index should pop up with some info.&nbsp; If the video or audio part has 0 (zero), then its a fake.

After searching and thinking you have enough users, expand the list so you can see all the users for that file by clicking the "+" box to the left of the title and scroll down and check to see if the filenames match up to the movie your looking for and read the yellow description boxes that pop up too.&nbsp; Sometimes it will say if its a fake or not.

Look at the length of the movie.&nbsp; A trick I learned awhile ago is that any movie with the length of 1:02:08 is a fake.&nbsp;

Check the file size of the movie.&nbsp; Make sure its reasonable.&nbsp; Sometimes the movie is split into two or three parts for easier downloading.

Check the hashes in the verifieds.&nbsp; That will usually say if a movie is out or not and will usually tell of its quality.&nbsp; Always check the verifieds first before looking for a movie which will save you some time.

The idea of verified files is so that you know they exist. The Sig2Dat hashes are just a way to help get you started on the download. You still have to search for them. Kazaa constantly searches while you are downloading for more users. Searching manually just helps speed up that process.&nbsp; Running a type of speed-up (Sharemonkey or KaZap) will help Kazaa try and connect to the sources you find.
&nbsp;
PL has nothing to do with speeds but priority on downloads(only on normal kazaa users)
You can only download as fast as someone else can upload.
You can only download if the other user has an open upload slot.
Get rid of Ad-ware/Spyware and the like.
Make sure your system is optimized for your connection (use a program like Dr. TCP or CableNut)
If your downloading rare files, of course its going to be slow&#33;
More sources usually=better speed
PATIENCE&#33;
Speeds vary on what you download sometimes...
and...
GOOD LUCK&#33;
Also try, http://www.speedguide.net or http://www.dslreports.com and test your speed there. If it matches your advertised speeds (what your ISP told you it was) then its not your fault. Also, try programs like Dr. TCP, CableNut or TCP/IP Optimizer...all found on either site.

Icey
03-15-2003, 07:03 PM
pm a few ppl who got the file asking is it wat it says it is

lunatacs
03-15-2003, 08:42 PM
simply use this forums verifieds or other websites for verifieds but don&#39;t just download something as big as 500mb...it might be fake and waste of your time. we have very nice verifieds part now, i suggest you look into that.

Genius
03-15-2003, 09:30 PM
I could these sorts of people alot worse than arsewipes something along the lines of &#39;the reason why you need to wipe your arse&#39;. :angry: