PDA

View Full Version : All These Burning Errors

Keikan
05-07-2004, 05:06 AM
Ok nero is always giving me writing errors so i end up wasting cd's i got a lg dvd/cdr combo

Xero Grid
05-07-2004, 05:18 AM
Suggestions:
Make sure you have the latest version of Nero.
Check to see if there is a firmware upgrade for your combo drive.
Make sure you have a valid ASPI Layer (http://www.adaptec.com/worldwide/support/driverdetail.jsp?language=English+US&filekey=aspi_471a2.exe&sess=no)
It may have to do with DMA (I think it's called) not being anabled for the drive.

That's all I can think of right now.

AndrewBarker
05-07-2004, 07:55 AM
also try not having any other programs running while burning, if all else fails reduce burning speed

zapjb
05-07-2004, 12:20 PM
As the above suggestion is good. I have a question. Do these writing errors happen every time or only after burning 3 or 4 good discs? Cause if the latter is the case all you need to do is reboot every couple discs. I also turn everything else off. Course I'm not on the net when I turn off my FW & AV & RegProt.

Keikan
05-08-2004, 05:56 AM
I figured it out,

When burning I have to leave the pc totally idle then no errors will come.

Funny my old burner with no underrun protection could still burn properly and i could go on the forum at the same time, shows the difference between a japanese product and a korean product ;)

Xero Grid
05-08-2004, 05:58 AM
Originally posted by Keikan@8 May 2004 - 01:04
I figured it out,

When burning I have to leave the pc totally idle then no errors will come.

Funny my old burner with no underrun protection could still burn properly and i could go on the forum at the same time, shows the difference between a japanese product and a korean product ;)
:lol: :lol:
That is too funny.

-- Xero Grid --

foot loose
05-08-2004, 06:50 PM
write the disks at a slower righting speed ;)

Keikan
05-08-2004, 10:55 PM
oh come on 8x is not slow enough?