PDA

View Full Version : How 2 Enable Drag&drop In Xp

skelley521
05-07-2004, 05:15 AM
Somehow I do not have the ability to drag and drop files and I can not find the settings to enable it.
I searched and found these registry edits, but I do not have Task Scheduler5.0 key??

User Key: [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Task Scheduler5.0]
System Key: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Task Scheduler5.0]
Value Name: DragAndDrop

Thanks,
Steve

100%
05-07-2004, 09:39 AM
I only found this - it disables drag and drop in start menu.....

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer]
"NoChangeStartMenu"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer]
"NoChangeStartMenu"=dword:00000000

I dont quit get what task scheduler has to do with this
but you could disable task scheduler to check if it really is the cause
to do so
goto-
start-(all)programs-accesories-adminastrive tools-services
scroll down to task schedular-right clik disable.
reboot
check if you can drag %drop - if still not - put it back on automatic.

clocker
05-07-2004, 01:27 PM
You may have a problem with either Windows Scripting Host (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=C717D943-7E4B-4622-86EB-95A22B832CAA&displaylang=en) or your mouse drivers....

skelley521
05-08-2004, 07:02 AM
Thanks Zedaxax & clocker
I tried everything and its still a no-go. I thought that it may have been a tweak setting so I set everything back to default....still nothing.
I also have noticed that my picture and fax viewer in xp doesn't run when I select a photo. so I am going to look at fixen' that problem first and see if they might be related.

Thanks,
Steve

skelley521
05-08-2004, 12:34 PM
Ok, I found the problem; after going through all my tweak settings and endless google searching to find nothing, I remembered I used jv16 registry cleaner tool and restored backups and waahlaa...all is good.

Steve