PDA

View Full Version : Configuring Desktop

ooo
03-15-2003, 11:05 PM
what program do you use to configure your desktop?

what do ppl recommend and what websites?

my cousin was using one that transformed windows 98 into a xp themeish style like the start menu and the scroll bars and stuff even got changed... not just the icons

i dunt remember the site exactly started w/

www.a*******.com some letters dunno amount :/

Kid Dynamite
03-15-2003, 11:17 PM
I use WindowBlinds...and the site I download all my skins from is www.wincustomize.com. Great Site.

ooo
03-15-2003, 11:19 PM
umm is there any way i can use a program to make a win98 look like xp? does windowblind do it?

[B][O][T]
03-15-2003, 11:27 PM
umm is there any way i can use a program to make a win98 look like xp? does windowblind do it?

Yes, Kid Dynamite already mentioned WB try that one! There's 1000th of skins.

BOT

ooo
03-15-2003, 11:28 PM
i guess i should then :P still looking for the one my cousin used

visit i remembered the website... it seemed like a nice program...

Ynhockey
03-16-2003, 12:05 AM
http://www.deviantart.com is a fairly good site with good wallpapers, themes, etc.

However, why do you want 98 to look like XP ? It'll just take resources... the reasons ppl get XP over 98 aren't just the look :rolleyes: you should probably switch to XP, it's much better than 98 if you get all the updates :)

ooo
03-16-2003, 12:09 AM
yea i would but my com that i use is PI lolz... 32 mb ram... im getting a new com in april if you looked in hardware section... i asked ppl if my config worked n stuff... this com im using is pIII, 128mb ram... itz my parents... :P

Wolfmight
03-16-2003, 12:27 AM
If u already got XP, use StyleXP...it uses half the resources that Windows Blinds uses, plus it puts all the new skins in the windows xp skin settings in display controls.. U can use some of the same theme from wb in stylexp and use less resource.. try it if ya get/got xp.

There's also a program called DesktopX that supposed to completely redo your desktop (it can ad more stuff to it) but this is a HUGE resource hog,,,stay away from desktop x unless u got some major physical ram. 500+

ooo
03-16-2003, 02:39 AM
ummm i will think about trying these :P lolz..