PDA

View Full Version : Firmware Updates?

keyser_soze
05-08-2004, 09:21 PM
Any1 got any suggestions on where to get firmware updates, I have a nec 9100a cdrw, when I use nero's incd(packet writing software) my discs show up as music discs even when they are not, it suggests updating the firmware should solve the problem but I can't find any even on nec's own site, I have emailed nec support and still hav'nt got a reply, that was 3 week ago, any web searches for 9100a firmware have ended up giving me links to boards where some1 else has been looking for the firmware but with no answers :angry: :D Any1 :helpsmile: me out it would be appreciated.

Btw how do u check DMA is enabled on the drive in windows xp.

tesco
05-08-2004, 09:39 PM
if u dont find teh firmware update on nec's website, chances are there isnt one.

for dma, go to device manager (right click my computer>manage>click device manager on teh left side) then click "IDE\ATA ATAPI controllers">double click either primary ide chanel, or secondary ide channel (depending on which channel teh drive is plugged into which u want to check)> then click advanced settings and it will say:
device 0
current transfer mode: xxx

device 1
current transfer mode: xxx

like in this pic:
http://filesharingtalk.com/sigs/idechannelpoperties.JPG

good luck.

vivitron 15
05-08-2004, 09:58 PM
http://forum.rpc1.org/portal.php

this is the ultimate site for all firmware for everything

keyser_soze
05-08-2004, 09:59 PM
Cheers m8 all the signs are there that there is'nt a firmware update, nero advises switching off dma might solve it but does'nt seem to, is there any other way of changing how my pc see's incd formatted discs? it is'nt that much of a problem but it means I have to knock off autoplay on my music discs.

keyser_soze
05-08-2004, 10:01 PM
BTW that board link is the same place my web searches send me to sowing 2 ppl asking same question as me. :D

Chewie
05-08-2004, 10:44 PM
I don't use CDRW discs and packet writing, but...
WinXP has native support for packet writing (developed by Roxio so who know how good it is? :)) so try uninstalling InCD and dragging some files to a CDRW disc.
Another option is to install a full ASPI layer as it's often not complete with Nero/XP setups.

keyser_soze
05-09-2004, 12:32 AM
I've tried xp's own p/writing software m8 and to b honest its shit :rolleyes: once a file is dropped onto the cdrw u can overwrite it but not delete it, plus all the files on the disc are read only so if I for instance want to modify a spread sheet I first need to save to somewhere else like my docs then write to disc and if I want to delete a folder or file I need copy everything I want to keep to pc,erase disc and rewrite all the stuff I wanna keep :( bit of an arse. With incd I can rename,save delete and copy and paste to folders just like a hard drive, other than it shows up as a music cd.

I've searched all night for the web page that explains what to do so I could post the link in case I've read it wrong but just can't find it, I'll post the instructions as soon as I find it again, laways same when u need something. :D

BTW
Another option is to install a full ASPI layer as it's often not complete with Nero/XP setups. well, well over my head.

tesco
05-09-2004, 12:45 AM
i just got an idea, although I doubt it will work...

double click the cdrw in my computer, then right click and go to customize this folder>then under "use this folder type as a template" choose documents or something.

although I doubt this will work, as I dont even think it is your problem. but it is worth a try.

clocker
05-09-2004, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by keyser_soze@8 May 2004 - 17:40

BTW
Another option is to install a full ASPI layer as it's often not complete with Nero/XP setups. well, well over my head.
The ASPI layer explained... (http://www.mrichter.com/cdr/primer/aspi.htm)

ck-uk
05-09-2004, 10:12 AM
nero uses its own m8 n xp dose'nt have aspi install by default.....

force aspi 17 is the best to use for windows apps...

firmware for Pioneer DVR-A03 & Pioneer DVR-A04 for any one that has one...

http://firmwares.co.uk/

keyser_soze
05-09-2004, 09:56 PM
Hmmm theres a lot to take in I'm still digesting it all, btw tried creating a file extension for it but that did'nt work I think its because I need to change how the drive handles discs with that format and not files :frusty:

keyser_soze
05-10-2004, 12:23 AM
Do u know when u get 1 of them things in your head and it turns personal? well this is 1 of them times :angry: I am determined to somehow find an answer to this, its not even causing much of a problem but the way I look at it is there is an answer somewhere on nero's site, I know this because I've seen it, I searched every key word I could think of last night for about 3 hrs and never found it, I know my cdrw is compatible because its been in the list since nero version 5, even if all this goes pear shape surely there's somewhere in windows where I can change the icon of a music disc(tried in folder options does'nt make a difference) The disc is formmateed in mount rainier so sort of formats it has it needs it but I can't find .mrw or the incd file extension in folder options :(

Somebody hellllllllp its turned into obsessive compulsive behaviour, my wifes ready for leaving me after another 4 hrs staring at the monitor 2night and I'm tempted to go and buy nero6 just so I can get a serial and email them. :D :rolleyes:

keyser_soze
05-11-2004, 10:09 PM
:01: Job sorted I uninstalled incd, so I had the last laugh :D