PDA

View Full Version : The Simpsons

ahctlucabbuS
05-09-2004, 08:01 PM
Just stumbled across this old intervju (http://dvd.ign.com/articles/436/436093p1.html) with Al Jean.

Keeping The Simpsons going after all this time isn't easy, and he admits it's getting tougher to come up with new ideas, but the show remains popular.

Personally, I belive this latest season has turned crap. The jokes are cheap, there is no continuing flow in the storyline, and even the animation and the voice acting seems poorer than previous seasons.

The show could definetely need some new blood IMO,
your take?

DanB
05-09-2004, 09:24 PM
i think I would agree with you there :)

The last epsiode, with homer the pie man was really poor :(

ziggyjuarez
05-09-2004, 09:54 PM
:well i do find myself :lol: at the episodes but i agree with U

ahctlucabbuS
05-09-2004, 10:31 PM
Yea of course, can't stop watching the show afterall it might just be good ;)

And the pie man... That was so far out there that it could have been funny, but got ruined by cheap jokes. Still, you got to wonder where the show is headed when this is what they come up with :lol:

edit>
http://www.simpsoncrazy.com/product_pics/050204.gif
Looks funny, too bad it was not.

2nd gen noob
05-10-2004, 02:14 AM
1519 - Simple Simpson (the Pieman) was actually one of only a couple of season 15 episodes I enjoyed. The standard this season has just been pathetic, really :(

v-man
05-10-2004, 02:16 AM
I hope they try to make the next seasons better. This season is shitty.

abu_has_the_power
05-10-2004, 02:47 AM
the pieman episode wasn't that bad. all simpsons jokes are corny and revolved around the stupidty of its characters, or at least, most of them

Cheese
05-10-2004, 06:06 AM
Part of the problem is that I'm so jaded to the characters now, you can almost predict how each episode is going to pan out now because we've watched so many episodes. Still good for a giggle but it's just getting more and more contrived.

Like Friends and Frasier they should bring it to an end now. :(

The TV guys need to try some different ideas (though bringing back Family Guy* and Futurama would be choice.) though I reckon they must be really fearful of letting a show as popular as The Simpson end.

*They are bringing Family Guy back which is good.

SingaBoiy
05-10-2004, 10:38 AM
When I through watching a whole episode of the simpsons w/o laughing just alittle bit... thats when I get mad and stop watching new episodes.

Adster
05-10-2004, 10:44 AM
I don;t knwo waht the fuck you peopel are smoking???

season 15 has been fine to me

ahctlucabbuS
05-10-2004, 11:39 AM
Don't it bother you the way the coherent storyline seems to be gone to mention one problem with season 15? Instead you get these fast shifts to justify cheap jokes. Not in my liking.

Adster
05-10-2004, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by Barky@10 May 2004 - 21:47
Don't it bother you the way the coherent storyline seems to be gone to mention one problem with season 15? Instead you get these fast shifts to justify cheap jokes. Not in my liking.
Simpson's has been like that from teh beginning the first 10 minutes has nothing to do with the actual storyline

listen too interviews with Matt Grolign and the writers of how they get there ideas

ahctlucabbuS
05-10-2004, 01:13 PM
Well yes there have always been shifts in the storyline, but they always had a purpose if you know what I mean. Now it's like there is sudden shifts in time and place just like that only to justify cheap jokes. Most of the season including the two last episodes are good examples.