PDA

View Full Version : Need Advice

WeeMouse
05-09-2004, 09:54 PM
I have two really good pals from work who have been pressurising me to go out clubbing with them. It's not my cup of tea - i hate dancing, hate getting dressed up and HATE dance tunes....

BUT....

It's one of their 18th birthdays coming up and they have invited me out with them. My pal will be quite hurt if i don;t go, but i really don;t want to!

So should i make myself do something i detest or should i stick to my guns?

:blink:

*confused mouse*

bujub22
05-09-2004, 09:55 PM
party :01: B)

BigBoo
05-09-2004, 09:55 PM
go, and make sure they never invite you again

ziggyjuarez
05-09-2004, 09:56 PM
U R your own boss dont do it

hobbes
05-09-2004, 09:58 PM
The answer is obvious, sometimes we must consider the wishes of others above our own.

When I go out clubbing, I wear a polo-type shirt and jeans, that is not too dressy is it?

The bottom line is that you feel uncomfortable in these situations. How can you like BonJovi and not like dance tunes. I imagine you dance your wee ass off in the privacy of your own home, but feel a little shy when it comes to public places.

WeeMouse
05-09-2004, 09:58 PM
I really don't want to.....but they won;t take no for an answer!

I just wanna sit in a pub with my pals in jeans, t-shirt and trainers and listen to some rock music y'know?

*mouse is mouse's boss* :01:

DanB
05-09-2004, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by WeeMouse@9 May 2004 - 23:02
I have two really good pals from work who have been pressurising me to go out clubbing with them. It's not my cup of tea - i hate dancing, hate getting dressed up and HATE dance tunes....

BUT....

It's one of their 18th birthdays coming up and they have invited me out with them. My pal will be quite hurt if i don;t go, but i really don;t want to!

So should i make myself do something i detest or should i stick to my guns?

:blink:

*confused mouse*
I think you should go and show your face , even if its just for a bit, you can just pop downfor a little while. I am sure they won't mind if they know how you feel :D

WeeMouse
05-09-2004, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by hobbes@9 May 2004 - 23:06
The answer is obvious, sometimes we must consider the wishes of others above our own.

When I go out clubbing, I wear a polo-type shirt and jeans, that is not too dressy is it?

The bottom line is that you feel uncomfortable in these situations. How can you like BonJovi and not like dance tunes. I imagine you dance your wee ass off in the privacy of your own home, but feel a little shy when it comes to public places.
Everyone dances in their home! :)

Bon Jovi is a wee bit different from club songs :blink:

i think it's different for guys hobbes.....all the other girls would have dresses on or wee revealing tops :ph34r:

oooh just remembered i dance when i'm drunk. Just ask Skweeky and MrCall :D

bujub22
05-09-2004, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by WeeMouse+9 May 2004 - 18:13--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (WeeMouse @ 9 May 2004 - 18:13)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-hobbes@9 May 2004 - 23:06

The bottom line is that you feel uncomfortable in these situations.&nbsp; How can you like BonJovi and not like dance tunes.&nbsp; I imagine you dance your&nbsp; wee ass off in the privacy of your own home, but feel a little shy when it comes to public places.
Everyone dances in their home&#33; :)

i think it&#39;s different for guys hobbes.....all the other girls would have dresses on or wee revealing tops :ph34r:

oooh just remembered i dance when i&#39;m drunk. Just ask Skweeky and MrCall :D [/b][/quote]
WHERES sweeky?

j2k4
05-09-2004, 10:07 PM
True friends go out of the way for true friends.

Is this person your true friend?

If not, you are entitled to beg off, WeeMouse. ;)

Rat Faced
05-09-2004, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by WeeMouse@9 May 2004 - 22:13

oooh just remembered i dance when i&#39;m drunk. Just ask Skweeky and MrCall :D
Yep, you dance your little ass off :P

Snee
05-09-2004, 10:10 PM
Bring Lamsey.

Then you can really get down and Boogie.

hobbes
Originally posted by WeeMouse+9 May 2004 - 23:13--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (WeeMouse @ 9 May 2004 - 23:13)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-hobbes@9 May 2004 - 23:06

The bottom line is that you feel uncomfortable in these situations.&nbsp; How can you like BonJovi and not like dance tunes.&nbsp; I imagine you dance your&nbsp; wee ass off in the privacy of your own home, but feel a little shy when it comes to public places.
Everyone dances in their home&#33; :)

i think it&#39;s different for guys hobbes.....all the other girls would have dresses on or wee revealing tops :ph34r:

oooh just remembered i dance when i&#39;m drunk. Just ask Skweeky and MrCall :D [/b][/quote]
Just get drunk, dance the night away and flash your boobs.

Problem solved.

WeeMouse
You bet i danced my wee ass of&#33; Not with you though....you got my hugs :)

it&#39;s very early in our friendship J, but i think she is a good pal

BigBoo
05-09-2004, 10:11 PM
make lamsey jealous so he wont let you go

Virtualbody1234
05-09-2004, 10:12 PM
This is called peer pressure.

Be yourself and do what you want for you, not them. A true friend will respect you for it.

hobbes
05-09-2004, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by Virtualbody1234@9 May 2004 - 23:20

Be yourself and do what you want for you, not them.
pier pressure, I hate it&#33;

You have to act like you are at a boat dock.

Virtualbody1234
05-09-2004, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by hobbes+9 May 2004 - 16:22--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hobbes @ 9 May 2004 - 16:22)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Virtualbody1234@9 May 2004 - 23:20

You have to act like you are at a boat dock. [/b][/quote]
Pushing against your boat?

DanB
05-09-2004, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by Virtualbody1234+9 May 2004 - 23:24--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Virtualbody1234 @ 9 May 2004 - 23:24)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by hobbes@9 May 2004 - 16:22
<!--QuoteBegin-Virtualbody1234@9 May 2004 - 23:20

You have to act like you are at a boat dock.
Pushing against your boat? [/b][/quote]
Don&#39;t go sailing unless YOU want to :D

Sparkle1984
05-09-2004, 11:00 PM
Not all nightclubs play just dance music. Some of them have themed nights where they play a specific type of music. If there is a club in your city where they play rock music, why not go there with your friend?
At the club I often go to, they play a mixture of dance, then rock (older songs), then hiphop songs, etc.

Lamsey
05-09-2004, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by Sparkle1984@9 May 2004 - 23:08
Not all nightclubs play just dance music. Some of them have themed nights where they play a specific type of music. If there is a club in your city where they play rock music, why not go there with your friend?
At the club I often go to, they play a mixture of dance, then rock (older songs), then hiphop songs, etc.
Mouse is offline just now so I&#39;ll field that one. The two lassies in question like to go to the kind of club where they play nothing but the most moronic music of the day (real music doesn&#39;t get a look in) and people are expected to dress up to the nines, something which the Mouse can&#39;t abide doing.

Basically, she&#39;s between a rock and a hard place. If she doesn&#39;t go she pisses off her friends, if she does then she&#39;ll have one of the least enjoyable nights of her life. :(

hobbes
05-09-2004, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by Lamsey+10 May 2004 - 00:13--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lamsey &#064; 10 May 2004 - 00:13)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-Sparkle1984@9 May 2004 - 23:08
Not all nightclubs play just dance music.&nbsp; Some of them have themed nights where they play a specific type of music.&nbsp; If there is a club in your city where they play rock music, why not go there with your friend?
Mouse is offline just now so I&#39;ll field that one. The two lassies in question like to go to the kind of club where they play nothing but the most moronic music of the day (real music doesn&#39;t get a look in) and people are expected to dress up to the nines, something which the Mouse can&#39;t abide doing.

Basically, she&#39;s between a rock and a hard place. If she doesn&#39;t go she pisses off her friends, if she does then she&#39;ll have one of the least enjoyable nights of her life. :([/b][/quote]
Look Liam,

Bon Jovi is crap teenie bopper music, not REAL music at all. Let&#39;s talk about the real issue.

Mathea
05-09-2004, 11:13 PM
i suggest that not only does she go, but she takes Lamsey with her.. then at least she isnt the only one suffering

Snee
05-09-2004, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by Mathea@10 May 2004 - 00:21
i suggest that not only does she go, but she takes Lamsey with her.. then at least she isnt the only one suffering
I agree.

Then it&#39;s settled.

Virtualbody1234
05-09-2004, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by Lamsey+9 May 2004 - 17:13--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lamsey @ 9 May 2004 - 17:13)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Sparkle1984@9 May 2004 - 23:08
Not all nightclubs play just dance music.&nbsp; Some of them have themed nights where they play a specific type of music.&nbsp; If there is a club in your city where they play rock music, why not go there with your friend?

Basically, she&#39;s between a rock and a hard place. If she doesn&#39;t go she pisses off her friends, if she does then she&#39;ll have one of the least enjoyable nights of her life. :( [/b][/quote]
I say that she should go ahead and "piss off" the so called friends.

Lamsey
05-09-2004, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by Mathea@9 May 2004 - 23:21
On the day that Satan goes to work in a snowplough.

Hobbes - I have actually argued the point that from a musically theoretical standpoint, Bon Jovi are superior to most current popular artists, and nobody has ever been able to provide a satisfactory counterargument.

(>Zero Cool<)
05-09-2004, 11:34 PM
sorry StacyI know it isn&#39;t the answer you want but you should go, it&#39;s your pal&#39;s birthday and her 18th after all a biggie. that&#39;s what friends do put themselves out to try and help your pals. after all it&#39;s one night, she&#39;ll go come home, fall asleep then wake up and be none the worse. It isn&#39;t peer presure it is the right thing to do. I hate those clubs as much as you but, you will be with your pals having a drink and a laugh it could be far worse. (you could always wear a personal stereo ;) )

WeeMouse
05-11-2004, 08:08 PM
Right just got back online...........

Unfortunately the music thing is and issue Hobbesey-baby - these clubs my friends go to play nothing but happy hardcore and stuff. Mouse no like.Mouse like Bon Jovi and Aerosmith and Def Leppard and the like.

BUT...

If i can get them to agree to go to a oub crawl or at least go to a club where they play a decent mix I will go&#33; And if they then decide to go to a kind of club I don&#39;t like, we can part ways&#33;

What do ya think? :blink:

2nd gen noob
05-11-2004, 08:12 PM
If Lamsey doesn&#39;t see a film just because TC recommends it, there&#39;s no way he&#39;ll be going out clubbing.

gungrave
05-11-2004, 08:20 PM
:rolleyes: take a cd player with u and some headphones then u got ur own rock music :D
and u should do what u want and if u wanna be nice 2 ur m8s u should go
just get drunk 1st ;)

j2k4
05-11-2004, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by WeeMouse@11 May 2004 - 14:16
Right just got back online...........

Unfortunately the music thing is and issue Hobbesey-baby - these clubs my friends go to play nothing but happy hardcore and stuff. Mouse no like.Mouse like Bon Jovi and Aerosmith and Def Leppard and the like.

BUT...

If i can get them to agree to go to a oub crawl or at least go to a club where they play a decent mix I will go&#33; And if they then decide to go to a kind of club I don&#39;t like, we can part ways&#33;

What do ya think?&nbsp; :blink:
I think you&#39;re onto it, WeeMouse-

If they&#39;re good friends, they should be able to understand your discomfiture at the prospect of going to such places, and should (I would think) want to accomodate you; in any case, your solution sounds like much more fun anyway, and maybe it would appeal to them thus. ;)

I think you should pitch them on your idea.

Fingers are crossed, here. :)

BTW-Fie on you, Liam, for not being more gallant in aid of your beloved: Fifty lashes for you, sir, and not one less&#33; :angry:

sArA
05-11-2004, 08:26 PM
I guess its still rock and hard place mouse,

I would go with your mate, as its not your 18th birthday its hers and its not what YOU want its what SHE wants. If you are a true mate, you will go even just for a little while. Its a bit like going to a family doo cos you are obliged and don&#39;t want to upset anyone. It won&#39;t really hurt you if you do go, but it may hurt her if you don&#39;t....

Failing that...throw a sickie&#33;

Yogi
05-11-2004, 08:29 PM
I kind of know you wouldn&#39;t/shouldn&#39;t follow up, so it&#39;s not an advise&#33;&#33;

But i once was in the exact same situation.

On queensday night my best two friends "surprised" me with cards to a hot

houseparty in the Hilton, Amsterdam. It was meant as a holiday present&#33;&#33;

(in those days it was blues, jazzrock and classical music for me&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;)

I really tried everything to avoid going to such a tribal exhibit&#33;&#33;&#33;

As you might guess by now, i went. For my friends and for the sake of

experiment...

And you know what???

I had the night of my life&#33;&#33;&#33;

I danced the night away.

I have to admit a certain substance wich became rapidly popular those days

had a big part in that............ :P

But my "look" on music took a definite enrichment from that night on......

If these girls are real good friends, it must be sheer fun to see them happy when

they go out; their happy dust falling on you could make a surprisingly fun time

out&#33;&#33;

And if they are true friends, they will accept you declining the honors.

I normally am very harch in going my way, but the occasional sidetrips, esp. when

i am biased, can make for so much fun&#33;&#33;&#33;

Though with happy hardcore........... :angry: :angry: :angry:

I would even pay not to have to go&#33;&#33;&#33; :lol: :lol:

Yogi

Gemby!
05-11-2004, 08:31 PM
well i wouldnt go if i didnt want to - however if u do go make sure you make them do something that they dont like for your b-day :D

WeeMouse
05-11-2004, 08:47 PM
I don;t think my pals understand how out of place and generally out of my depth i feel at these trndy clubs though. I wanna sit with a pint of cider eating cheeezy onion crisps and laughing (though not all at the same time :blink: )

I&#39;ve tried a few clubs before and MAN i hated it. I know it could be different this time but.........wel..........i doubt it y&#39;know? CLubs are ok for some people, but not for me i think. :music1:

Hopefully she&#39;ll want to go to a place that i don&#39;t find so bad. i hope so. i will meet up with her beforehand if she wants to go to a club though :)

brotherdoobie
05-11-2004, 09:05 PM
Ask Bob WeeMouse.....Ask Bob (http://www.resort.com/~banshee/Misc/8ball/)

Peace brotherdoobie :)