PDA

View Full Version : Windows Error (help)

newcster68
05-10-2004, 05:14 AM
Ok, Im getting a windows message box pop up every time I go to shut windows down and I think it started when I installed Panda Platinum Internet Security.

The pop up says: "End Program - Centinel VxD"

I did a search on Google.com and MSN Search also and really can't get a solution to fix this error except for a program called PC Bug Doctor which said it will fix this problem but you have to purchase the program in order for it to fix it. Tried getting it off IRC but no luck.

Any ideas would greatly be appreciated. Thanks

newcster68 :D

ck-uk
05-10-2004, 06:30 AM
iduuno m8 it probably has'nt install'd properly or its service...vxd =driver

have you tried reinstallin'it...or a better security solution like norton

atiVidia
05-10-2004, 06:25 PM
thats not a good thing.

if a driver dies on u like that (even just a virtual firewall driver) it can easily cause ur system to BSOD

Chewie
05-10-2004, 06:46 PM
You may have something interfering with your Panda Antivirus, or it may need re-installing or just updating.
Perform an online virus scan (someone's bound to post a link, if not check stickied topics) and if it's all clear, update or re-install.

peat moss
05-11-2004, 03:21 AM
Norton win doctor comes to mind ? Sounds like a regristry problem ?

muchspl2
05-11-2004, 07:07 AM
damn dude I thought you would have knowed better :(
Backdoor.Delf.C
better check yo self before you wreck yo self cause trojans are bad for your health

newcster68
05-11-2004, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by muchspl2@11 May 2004 - 01:15
damn dude I thought you would have knowed better :(
Backdoor.Delf.C
better check yo self before you wreck yo self cause trojans are bad for your health
Has nothing to do with that trojan! It was Panda software that caused this message. So I unistalled it and installed norton antivirus and did windoctor and it corrected the problem cause it was in the registry. Also, I did a full computer scan and there are no viruses on my pc.

Thanks for the responses.