PDA

View Full Version : .iso.exe

Vox
03-16-2003, 05:14 AM
After downloading a file with .iso.exe extension, do I have to rename it to .iso to extract or burn it? I find that when Im trying to rename it my computer hangs. I scanned the file with Norton and its fine. Any Help?

Thanx

Nightwolf
03-16-2003, 10:03 AM
Make sure you close Kazaa before renaming.

Vox
03-16-2003, 06:54 PM
I got it to work. It just took a while before renaming it. Now the problem is install. Do I have to burn it to disk in order to play? Cant I just extract the iso and install right from my drive? When I do try to install from my drive, I get an error message saying that it could not extract one of the .cab files which could be caused by low memory or a corrupt file. I am running a P3 600 with 384 mb is that not enough? I know its a little outdated but.... oh, and I did a scan on the file and nothing showed up. How do you know if the file is corrupt?

Thanx

poli
03-16-2003, 09:50 PM
easiest way: (you can find this in the faq for more details...)

Get ISO Buster... than extract the file into a new folder that you made in C:/ drive. Than get out Nero (or any other burning software) and burn all the files in the folder to a cd using Data cds

Nightwolf
03-16-2003, 10:15 PM
You don't need to extract the files. If you have Nero, just select 'Burn Image' from the File menu (after cancelling the Wizard).

Vox
03-17-2003, 08:21 PM
Ok, now im getting pissed. I burned the image file like you said. There are 2 disks for the game and now when it asks me to insert cd 2, I insert it and it wont take it!! It keeps saying insert CD 2. The cd has an autorun file and all the files. If I try to manually start it, it doesnt do anything!! I have wasted 3 CDs already! How do I fix this so it reads the second disk?

noroom
03-17-2003, 08:49 PM
tried downloading disk 2? :blink:

Vox
03-17-2003, 08:53 PM
cmon, what kind of reply is that!! Of course I downloaded disk 2. The game is flight sim 2K2. CD 1 and CD 2

sayl00
03-17-2003, 09:45 PM
Just buy CDRW...... ;)

DataMore
03-17-2003, 10:10 PM
Have you applied the crack? :huh:
Usually the image files come with a crack or No-CD patch included. ;)

If there isn't one, try MegaGames (http://www.megagames.com/cracks/html/c903550_0.htm). ;)

downloader2008
03-17-2003, 10:19 PM
Isn't .iso.exe a virus?! :blink:

DataMore
03-17-2003, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by downloader2008@17 March 2003 - 22:19
Isn't .iso.exe a virus?! :blink:
I've posted the explanation to that once. ;)
Here it is again:

People usually put an .exe extension on the files so that it appears on the search results when you use one of the filters.
For example, if you're looking for Fifa 2003 using the software filter, you won't get .iso or .bin files in the search results. However if they have a double extension like .bin.exe or .iso.exe then they will appear. :)
The same goes for movies. If you use the Video filter you won't get those VCD and SVCD .bin and .iso files. Therefore there are also some movies with a double extension like .bin.avi or iso.avi. ;)

Nightwolf
03-17-2003, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by Vox@17 March 2003 - 15:21
Ok, now im getting pissed. I burned the image file like you said. There are 2 disks for the game and now when it asks me to insert cd 2, I insert it and it wont take it!! It keeps saying insert CD 2. The cd has an autorun file and all the files. If I try to manually start it, it doesnt do anything!! I have wasted 3 CDs already! How do I fix this so it reads the second disk?
I'm not sure I understand the problem correctly. Are you saying you burned both discs with Nero, but you can't install the game? Or did the game install and you just can't play it? If so, you probably need a No CD crack (try Megagames.com). Did you get any error messages while burning? Tell us exactly what's happening, and be as specific as possible.

C4-M$=:)
03-18-2003, 12:07 AM
use daemon tools, mount the images, then test em, maybe u burned it wrong, or calibrated ur burner for the wrong settings, just a thought

downloader2008
03-18-2003, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by DataMore+17 March 2003 - 17:29--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DataMore @ 17 March 2003 - 17:29)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--downloader2008@17 March 2003 - 22:19
Isn&#39;t .iso.exe a virus?&#33;&nbsp; :blink:
I&#39;ve posted the explanation to that once. ;)
Here it is again:

People usually put an .exe extension on the files so that it appears on the search results when you use one of the filters.
For example, if you&#39;re looking for Fifa 2003 using the software filter, you won&#39;t get .iso or .bin files in the search results. However if they have a double extension like .bin.exe or .iso.exe then they will appear. :)
The same goes for movies. If you use the Video filter you won&#39;t get those VCD and SVCD .bin and .iso files. Therefore there are also some movies with a double extension like .bin.avi or iso.avi. ;) [/b][/quote]
o0o0o0o0o0&#33; thanx :rolleyes:

Vox
03-23-2003, 02:45 AM
Originally posted by Nightwolf^.`.^+17 March 2003 - 19:59--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Nightwolf^.`.^ @ 17 March 2003 - 19:59)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Vox@17 March 2003 - 15:21
Ok, now im getting pissed. I burned the image file like you said. There are 2 disks for the game and now when it asks me to insert cd 2, I insert it and it wont take it&#33;&#33; It keeps saying insert CD 2. The cd has an autorun file and all the files. If I try to manually start it, it doesnt do anything&#33;&#33; I have wasted 3 CDs already&#33; How do I fix this so it reads the second disk?
I&#39;m not sure I understand the problem correctly. Are you saying you burned both discs with Nero, but you can&#39;t install the game? Or did the game install and you just can&#39;t play it? If so, you probably need a No CD crack (try Megagames.com). Did you get any error messages while burning? Tell us exactly what&#39;s happening, and be as specific as possible. [/b][/quote]
Ok, I burned 2 discs, iso CD1 and iso cd2, I install the first cd and everything is fine, when it gets to 41% loaded it tells me to insert second CD, so I do that and when I click ok it doesnt read the second disc. Ive checked the disc and the iso did burn and it even has an autrorun.ini file. Thats pretty much it&#33; So when I cant install the second CD im forced to uninstall what the first CD installed&#33;&#33;

ooo
03-23-2003, 03:11 AM
Originally posted by Vox@16 March 2003 - 19:54
I got it to work. It just took a while before renaming it. Now the problem is install. Do I have to burn it to disk in order to play? Cant I just extract the iso and install right from my drive? When I do try to install from my drive, I get an error message saying that it could not extract one of the .cab files which could be caused by low memory or a corrupt file. I am running a P3 600 with 384 mb is that not enough? I know its a little outdated but.... oh, and I did a scan on the file and nothing showed up. How do you know if the file is corrupt?

Thanx
even if you burn it into a disk it wont play... you have to get a no cd crack

www.megagames.com has most games no cd cracks there... by burnign it to a disk you can just reinstall it later...

Vox
03-23-2003, 03:20 AM
thanx, i downloaded the no cd crack but what do I do now?
Will this get the whole thing to install?

Nightwolf
03-23-2003, 06:00 AM
Has anyone else here managed to get this game to work? It sound like a bogus file to me, probably released by Microsoft. Have you tried opening the .iso file with WinISO to make sure all the files are burning correctly? That&#39;s the only other piece of advice I can offer. :(