PDA

View Full Version : Riptide

zax
05-10-2004, 06:10 PM
used to b a program called rioptide to capture screenshots like webcamnow ... i tried snagit w/o luck ..any other programes i can use/advice???

manker
05-10-2004, 10:43 PM
because of it's versatility and automatic timer snaglt is the best screen capture program for webcams, it will capture cams on webcamnow with no problems. for webcams with quicker than 1 second refresh try camtasia (like snaglt also from techsmith (http://www.techsmith.com)) or hypercam (http://www.hyperionics.com/) will also do the trick.

manker

zax
05-11-2004, 12:15 AM
thanks ,ill work with it ,,really dont know how yet

manker
05-11-2004, 11:48 AM
I wrote a how to for snaglt 7.02 a few months back, perhaps you will find it helpful :alucard:

-------------------------snip------------------------------------------------------------------

to set timer and various other prefs on snaglt 7.02

buttons on main control panel of snaglt:

make sure "image capture" button is depressed

ensure mouse cursor (pointer) button is not depressed

menu options

input: tab: click input on menu >> choose "window"

output: tab:

1 click output on menu >> deselect "preview window" - i.e. make sure it is unticked

2 click click output on menu >> choose "file"

3 click menu >> choose "properties" >> choose "options" in quality box >> write "80" >> click OK>> click OK again

4 click menu >> choose "properties" >> Fill in boxes with where on your HD you want to save the caps and select "automatic filename" complete with whichever name you want to call the caps

filters: tab: make sure "none" is selected on all options

Tools on menu tab:

Hit tools tab >> select the "timer set up" option >> hit the "capture timer" tab >> check boxes "enable capture timer" and "discard identical captures" >> enter desired frequency of captures in the lower of the dialogue box.

Thats it

When you want to cap a cam click the big red CAPTURE button once, click the middle of the cam window and it will cap automatically until you click the big red CAPTURE button again.

-------------------------snip------------------------------------------------------------------

manker