PDA

View Full Version : Away To Limit Speed On My Other Computer

xxxSHARExxx
05-12-2004, 03:16 AM
hi

im new at this

is there a program i can use to limit my other computers internet speed using my my main computer.

my other computer is connected on the internet using a router.

tesco
05-12-2004, 03:19 AM
I havent found a way how to do it from a differnt computer, but what u can do is install a program called netlimiter onto teh other computer and set how many kb/s it can use. only problem with this is that it limits all network traffic, so if u want to copy some program over the network u gotta disable the program.

xxxSHARExxx
05-12-2004, 03:24 AM
Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004@12 May 2004 - 03:27
I havent found a way how to do it from a differnt computer, but what u can do is install a program called netlimiter onto teh other computer and set how many kb/s it can use. only problem with this is that it limits all network traffic, so if u want to copy some program over the network u gotta disable the program.
just wat i thought

thanks

Is there any more options?

Storm
05-12-2004, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004@12 May 2004 - 04:27
I havent found a way how to do it from a differnt computer, but what u can do is install a program called netlimiter onto teh other computer and set how many kb/s it can use.
cant you use the remote desktop thingy in XP to remotely control netlimiter???

delphin460
05-12-2004, 03:50 PM
the only way you could pss do it , would be to stick win 2003 server on your comp and use it as a server for the network and proxy the other through it , and then you could bandwidth limit it , but its pretty dam complex to set up