PDA

View Full Version : Gasoline Reached $2 A Gallon Today In America!

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
05-12-2004, 04:12 AM
:angry: :angry: :angry:

http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/040511/040511_gasprice_hmed_1p.hmedium.jpg

WTF is going on?!Might not sound like much to some of you.But what about the man makeing $5.15 an hour which is the American Minimum Wage. :frusty:

2nd gen noob
05-12-2004, 04:22 AM
1 US gallon = ~3.8 litres.

Petrol in the UK costs between 76 and 80 pence per litre. That's between £2.88 and £3.04 per gallon. That's between $5.05 and $5.33

Minimum wage (correct me if I'm wrong, someone) is £4.00 in the UK

It's all relative :)

Oh, and if I may be so bold as to point out that Americans are doing no good to the world's oil resevres (no doubt pushing prices up) by driving such uneconomical cars as they do (SUVs getting 14mpg and such like...)

edit: stupid mistake

cpt_azad
05-12-2004, 05:03 AM
Originally posted by 2nd gen noob@11 May 2004 - 20:30
1 US gallon = ~3.8 litres.

Petrol in the UK costs between 76 and 80 pence per litre. That's between £2.88 and £3.04 per gallon. That's between $5.05 and $5.33

Minimum wage (correct me if I'm wrong, someone) is £4.00 in the UK

Oh, and if I may be so bold as to point out that Americans are doing no good to the world's oil resevres (no doubt pushing prices up) by driving such uneconomical cars as they do (SUVs getting 14mpg and such like...)

edit: stupid mistake
almost a dollar a liter here in vancouver (98.5/ltr!!!! :angry: ). and that point about the suv's is pure fact. we only have like 10 yrs max oil left, and after we get to that point, WWIII :( , i think something about the oil crash was posted on this site (that's how i came to know of it)

3RA1N1AC
05-12-2004, 05:36 AM
Originally posted by 2nd gen noob@11 May 2004 - 20:30
it certainly is all relative. america is relatively more dependent on small automobiles (i mean cars that carry 2 to 5 people, mostly) than most of the world is, 'cause we've spread everything out so wide geographically, developed into a commuter society, and our public transportation systems are generally dire.

and yeah, rotten taste in car designs has something to do with it: urban SUV culture, soccer-mom minivan culture, however you wanna describe it. too many people buying big, powerful gas guzzlers that are far beyond their personal requirements, just to drive to the grocery store.

MagicNakor
05-12-2004, 06:38 AM
I don't feel much pity. Sorry. The United States has the cheapest prices in the world.

However, there is quite a lot of oil left in the world. It's just currently not cheap to extract it. I forsee that changing, as oil companies start pouring money into researching easier extraction methods.

Light, small, fuel-effecient cars are readily available, but they aren't especially popular in the United States because they aren't luxurious. Usually they're manufactured by European and Asian companies.

:ninja:

Barbarossa
05-12-2004, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by 3RA1N1AC@12 May 2004 - 05:44
it certainly is all relative. america is relatively more dependent on small automobiles (i mean cars that carry 2 to 5 people, mostly) than most of the world is, 'cause we've spread everything out so wide geographically, developed into a commuter society, and our public transportation systems are generally dire.

The UK has a high proportion of commuters, a shockingly bad public transport system, and yes, we also have out-of-town shopping centres now which can only be reached by car.

We also pay more than twice as much as you do for petrol already, nearly 82p per litre at my local garage.

I have little sympathy either. ;)

Hey, if you feel that strongly about it get all your truck drivers to blockade the fuel depots which is what happened to us a few years ago. Brought the whole country to a standstill. :angry:

Note that fuel prices in the UK are now just about higher than they were then.. Watch this space!

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
05-12-2004, 10:20 AM
:P

I always said this was a damn EURO Forum!

:lol:

Barbarossa
05-12-2004, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by FuNkY CaPrIcOrN@12 May 2004 - 10:28
:P

I always said this was a damn EURO Forum!

Surely you know some truck drivers you can get to blockade the fuel depots? ;)

junkyardking
05-12-2004, 12:41 PM
In Australia its around 0.98AU/ 0.68US/0.38UK a litre and around $AU0.50 cents of that is tax ;)

Minimum wage is a bit more complex in Australia, as we have an award rate system for diffrent Industrys, it could be anywhere between $8 - $12 an hour depending on what industry it is.

Tikibonbon
05-12-2004, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by 2nd gen noob@12 May 2004 - 04:30

funny, the engines that are this gus guzzling, are designed by non-americans, hmm

jetje
05-12-2004, 01:42 PM
1 US gallon = ~3.8 litres * € 1,29 = € 4,90 (price from today)

4.90 DutchEURO = 5.82309 United States Dollars

minimum wages is aroun € 4,20 an hour

btw nice link for currency convertion:
The Universal Currency Converter ® (http://www.xe.com/ucc/)

BigBank_Hank
05-12-2004, 04:44 PM
With gas prices high like they are and expected to go higher I guess everyone who said that we invaded because of oil might have gotten it wrong. If we would have invaded purely for oil we surely wouldn't be paying this much for gas.

vidcc
05-12-2004, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by BigBank_Hank@12 May 2004 - 09:52
With gas prices high like they are and expected to go higher I guess everyone who said that we invaded because of oil might have gotten it wrong. If we would have invaded purely for oil we surely wouldn't be paying this much for gas.
One of the reason for the high prices is the fact that we are still in conflict hank. The day the original gulf war started prices rose sharply beacause of "fears" over oil supply even though it didn't actually affect the supply in reality. Think yourself lucky that our prices went down after...in the UK the government took the opportunity to raise the fuel tax as the price went down so the driver didn't see any reduction.
There will always be a multitude of reasons for raising prices, i mean just look at how our prices go up each summer and yet the predicted shortage due to demand never materialises.
the arguement about going to war over oil was about supply...not price.

I for one am not going to moan about the cost here in the states, at least we don't have to pay the tax they do elsewhere, as i pointed out in a previous thread

CrumbCat
05-12-2004, 06:05 PM
Must be nice to live in Kentucky.......it took until 11 May for it to reach $2.00 there......lucky people

Yes, you have said it before "California has and gets everything first"

Included in that is that we are the first to get the high prices as well.....been paying over $2.00 for a while now:

April 13, 2004

Grady County - The price of gasoline is expected to top $2.00 a gallon this summer. It looks like that price will reach Thomas and Grady counties first.

Sherri Futch doesn't understand why prices are always higher here than in other South Georgia towns. She says, "I don't get it either. Why shouldn't they be cheaper? They say that their hands are tied. They don't know why it's like that."

Neither does James Crawford. He says people should band together to get the prices lowered.  "It really has to do with what the people put up with, because if you continue to pay that price for it, yeah they'll keep it there, and raise it up too."

Stations can charge higher prices because consumers don't have much of a choice. Even though gas is up to four cents lower in Valdosta, the drive is 45 minutes. To save even more money, you could drive to Albany, but that would take an hour. And forget about going to Tallahassee for a break in price, it's ten cents more a gallon there

Bill Snyder says that's why he comes to Grady County to buy gas, and will continue to buy gas regardless of the price.

He says, "We're not going to stop buying gas, we'll just have to keep paying the price."

A price that continues to rise. The current average price of gas in Georgia is $1.65 per gallon. In California, it averages $2.20 per gallon.

From: http://www.walb.com/Global/story.asp?S=1782525&nav=5kZQMGe8

:angry:

Edit:

Here ya go...

http://www.brianstorms.com/images/gasprices2.jpg

.....^ $2.89 a gallon - not so uncommon here today....although I have NEVER used Full serve in my life - wont even use it when I retire, because if one cannot pump their own gas, one shouldn't be behind the wheel.

sArA
05-12-2004, 06:20 PM
Ahhhh to have cheap fuel.....the bliss of being in the USA.

Here in the UK we are basically stung for everything....fuel, fags, booze all the things that make life pleasurable....

The only things that are cheap are the women! :lol: :lol:

Not really!

Busyman
05-12-2004, 06:52 PM
Get a BJ Wholesale Club, Sam's Club, or Costco membership.

Verify that they have a gas station near you.

I use BJ's in Waldorf, MD and save about 20-30 cents per gallon.

BigBank_Hank
05-12-2004, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by vidcc+12 May 2004 - 12:48--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (vidcc @ 12 May 2004 - 12:48)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-BigBank_Hank@12 May 2004 - 09:52
With gas prices high like they are and expected to go higher I guess everyone who said that we invaded because of oil might have gotten it wrong. If we would have invaded purely for oil we surely wouldn&#39;t be paying this much for gas.
One of the reason for the high prices is the fact that we are still in conflict hank. The day the original gulf war started prices rose sharply beacause of "fears" over oil supply even though it didn&#39;t actually affect the supply in reality. Think yourself lucky that our prices went down after...in the UK the government took the opportunity to raise the fuel tax as the price went down so the driver didn&#39;t see any reduction.
There will always be a multitude of reasons for raising prices, i mean just look at how our prices go up each summer and yet the predicted shortage due to demand never materialises.
the arguement about going to war over oil was about supply...not price.

I for one am not going to moan about the cost here in the states, at least we don&#39;t have to pay the tax they do elsewhere, as i pointed out in a previous thread [/b][/quote]
Your and others pointed out many times the only reason for invasion was oil. If that was the only reason we wouldn&#39;t be concerned with building a new country. We&#39;d have hook up to the oil lines first and foremost and worried about everything else later. We went to great lengths not to have the pipelines and refineries blown up because they belong to the Iraqi people. The money from the oil they sell will go to rebuilding their country.

Rat Faced
05-12-2004, 08:08 PM
The money from the oil they sell will go to rebuilding their country.

No, the money from the oil they sell, will be to pay for the American Companies that came in to rebuild their country.... sometimes the very Companies that made a profit on selling the Munitions that destroyed their country...

They had no choice as to who did the work, the American Government chose them...

They are therefore forced to accept American Companies paying their American Employees &#036;8000 per month for non skilled labour, and where these are at a shortage these companies will consider employing Iraqi&#39;s @ &#036;100 per month.

Anywhere else in the world this is called extortion, and deservedly usually winds up in a Jail Sentence...

Welcome to America ;)

2nd gen noob
05-12-2004, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by Tikibonbon+12 May 2004 - 13:35--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Tikibonbon @ 12 May 2004 - 13:35)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-2nd gen noob@12 May 2004 - 04:30
Oh, and if I may be so bold as to point out that Americans are doing no good to the world&#39;s oil resevres (no doubt pushing prices up) by driving such uneconomical cars as they do (SUVs getting 14mpg and such like...)

funny, the engines that are this gus guzzling, are designed by non-americans, hmm [/b][/quote]
I must have missed the story on Ford, Chevy, GM etc becoming non-American, care to refresh my memory?

BigBank_Hank
05-12-2004, 11:49 PM
All the refineries that they had were very out of date so we&#39;re spending a ton of money to update those refineries and get them online. The sooner they come back online the sooner money can start flowing back into the country.

Companies are also charging more to send workers over there because of the conditions they have to work in. I don&#39;t know if you&#39;ve noticed but kidnapping is a big deal there. These guys are in just as much danger as the combatants are. You can&#39;t expect someone to go over there and risk their life and get paid practically nothing.

Rat Faced
05-12-2004, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by BigBank_Hank@12 May 2004 - 23:57
Companies are also charging more to send workers over there because of the conditions they have to work in. I don&#39;t know if you&#39;ve noticed but kidnapping is a big deal there. These guys are in just as much danger as the combatants are. You can&#39;t expect someone to go over there and risk their life and get paid practically nothing.
I was talking "Unskilled" wages....

They dont need to bring any of these people in, there are millions of Iraqi&#39;s that would do the work, and it is their country afterall.

If someone&#39;s skills are needed, then there would be no argument from me... however there are also 1000&#39;s of skilled Iraqi&#39;s, so these would be few and far between.

cpt_azad
05-15-2004, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by Rat Faced@12 May 2004 - 12:16

The money from the oil they sell will go to rebuilding their country.

No, the money from the oil they sell, will be to pay for the American Companies that came in to rebuild their country.... sometimes the very Companies that made a profit on selling the Munitions that destroyed their country...

They had no choice as to who did the work, the American Government chose them...

They are therefore forced to accept American Companies paying their American Employees &#036;8000 per month for non skilled labour, and where these are at a shortage these companies will consider employing Iraqi&#39;s @ &#036;100 per month.

Anywhere else in the world this is called extortion, and deservedly usually winds up in a Jail Sentence...

Welcome to America ;)
lol

p.s. almost a dollar in vancouver, 99.8c/liter today :angry: :frusty:

Smith
05-15-2004, 06:17 PM
haha on u amricans.

its a cool 71 cents a liter over here.

NikkiD
05-15-2004, 09:53 PM
It&#39;s about &#036;0.90 a litre here. That&#39;s approximately &#036;3.60 a gallon. Even with the conversion, it&#39;s still a hell of a lot cheaper in the States than it is here.

Tikibonbon
05-15-2004, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by CrumbCat@12 May 2004 - 18:13
Yes, you have said it before "California has and gets everything first"

the reason gas is so high in california tho is for separate reasons than the rest of the country. due to extremely stricter pollution laws in california, the providers pretty much have to manufacture all the fuel for the state instate, instead of bringing it in from the outside. and with the huge population of california, there is a larger demand on the supply.
but on the flipside, texas has major supplies of oil of its own, therefore easier to meet demands. that is why we are the only area in the country that gas prices hover in the 1.70 to 1.80 price range.

@noob, yes those companies are based in america, but do you really believe that they hire only americans? don&#39;t you think they would be smart enough to go to places like japan where they are a step up in design?

james_bond_rulez
05-15-2004, 11:26 PM
o damn i forgot to pay at the pump today :huh:

:lol: :lol: :P

just kidding B)

shn
05-16-2004, 12:08 AM
I pay for gas without complaining. Complaining only stresses you out in the real world.

Complaining means nothing if you can&#39;t "physically" do anything about it.

james_bond_rulez
05-16-2004, 12:26 AM
complain&#39; is for losers B)

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
05-16-2004, 12:52 AM
;) Yeah.Like James Bond and shn never complained about something in their Life.I guess they are just too cool for that. :rolleyes:

The Price of Gasoline hurts everybody.From the Price of that Pizza you order to Packages being shipped.

But since this is only a Problem for us Americans none of that really matters now does it.

james_bond_rulez
05-16-2004, 12:55 AM
well i guess i am not drunk all the time... :rolleyes:

peat moss
05-16-2004, 01:00 AM
A proud canadian here , thier gallons are bigger and dollar worth more . Ok I&#39;m fuked
. :D

Rat Faced
05-16-2004, 01:50 AM
Originally posted by FuNkY CaPrIcOrN@16 May 2004 - 01:00
The Price of Gasoline hurts everybody.From the Price of that Pizza you order to Packages being shipped.

But since this is only a Problem for us Americans none of that really matters now does it.
No, its a problem for everyone else.

If this thread has shown you anything, it must be that you still have it better than everyone else in this respect... :blink:

This is why there is so little sympathy afterall, if you were paying 8 times the price for Gas that we were, i&#39;d have some sympathy......as its the other way around, im sorry, i just cant find that in me :P

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
05-16-2004, 02:19 AM
;) I have not asked for sympathy or for anybody to feel sorry for us Americans.I do not see how it looked like I did.But it seems alot of people think this.I was just pointing out what is big news around here to see what others thought.

And now I know how others feel. :rolleyes:

*Is it because I did not use my Green Smiley and used the angry Smiley that People fell this way?*

hobbes
05-16-2004, 02:31 AM
:x- why have you stopped using it? Has the price of gas driven the use of this smilie out of your budget?

Busyman
05-16-2004, 02:39 AM
One of the reasons gas prices are so high is in the names of these oil companies.

You all do the math.

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
05-16-2004, 02:42 AM
:D Well one thing I have found out is American really is the best Place to Live.Thanks for letting me know how much you all Pay. :D

:P I am going to start some more Threads in here b****ing about s*** over here just to see what it is like elsewhere.Thanks&#33; :P

hobbes
05-16-2004, 02:51 AM
Originally posted by FuNkY CaPrIcOrN@16 May 2004 - 03:50
:D Well one thing I have found out is American really is the best Place to Live.Thanks for letting me know how much you all Pay. :D

:P I am going to start some more Threads in here b****ing about s*** over here just to see what it is like elsewhere.Thanks&#33; :P

Yeah, I&#39;m having a bad day. Found out my new plane can only hold three of my cars, so I am going to have to make 2 trips to get all my Hummers to my summer house.

shn
05-16-2004, 02:57 AM
Originally posted by FuNkY CaPrIcOrN@15 May 2004 - 20:50

You just now figuring that out?

USA RULES&#33;&#33;&#33;

cpt_azad
05-16-2004, 06:58 AM
went down to 96.5cents/liter here in surrey (BC) today, then it went back up to 97.5cents/liter. thank god my car isn&#39;t a gas guzzling suv (and to think i wanted to buy one of those :rolleyes: )

J'Pol
05-16-2004, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by cpt_azad@16 May 2004 - 08:06
went down to 96.5cents/liter here in surrey (BC) today, then it went back up to 97.5cents/liter. thank god my car isn&#39;t a gas guzzling suv (and to think i wanted to buy one of those :rolleyes: )
I thought you were 16 or something, what are you doing thinking about buying an SUV. Where&#39;s the money coming from for that.

Rat Faced
05-16-2004, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by J&#39;Pol+16 May 2004 - 12:54--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (J&#39;Pol @ 16 May 2004 - 12:54)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-cpt_azad@16 May 2004 - 08:06
went down to 96.5cents/liter here in surrey (BC) today, then it went back up to 97.5cents/liter.&nbsp; thank god my car isn&#39;t a gas guzzling suv (and to think i wanted to buy one of those&nbsp; :rolleyes: )
I thought you were 16 or something, what are you doing thinking about buying an SUV. Where&#39;s the money coming from for that. [/b][/quote]
He said he wanted to, not that he is.

When i was 16, i wanted to buy an Aston Martin (and still do)

..... got a few coppers for a cuppa guvnor? :(

J'Pol
05-16-2004, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by Rat Faced+16 May 2004 - 14:00--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Rat Faced @ 16 May 2004 - 14:00)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by J&#39;Pol@16 May 2004 - 12:54
<!--QuoteBegin-cpt_azad@16 May 2004 - 08:06
I thought you were 16 or something, what are you doing thinking about buying an SUV. Where&#39;s the money coming from for that.

..... got a few coppers for a cuppa guvnor? :( [/b][/quote]
He said that his car wasn&#39;t one (which means he has a car). He said, to think I wanted to buy one of those (implying that it was being considered) hence my inquiry as to why he was thinking about it, given the cost to buy and run and his age.

That is entirely different from you admiring and wanting an Aston Martin when you were 16 (like he claims to be). FFS when I was 16 I wanted to be able to afford a Doc Marten.

Maybe Pop was going to pay for it, out of the rent he is getting for the basement. Or maybe he has continued his career as a vigilante.

Or maybe he is just posting shite as usual.

Busyman
05-16-2004, 02:52 PM
Sounds like someone got caught....but hell I had a car at 16...and was trying to get an SUV at 17.

(couldn&#39;t afford it though)

cpt_azad
05-17-2004, 07:37 AM
Originally posted by J&#39;Pol+16 May 2004 - 05:09--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (J&#39;Pol @ 16 May 2004 - 05:09)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Rat Faced@16 May 2004 - 14:00

..... got a few coppers for a cuppa guvnor? :(
He said that his car wasn&#39;t one (which means he has a car). He said, to think I wanted to buy one of those (implying that it was being considered) hence my inquiry as to why he was thinking about it, given the cost to buy and run and his age.

That is entirely different from you admiring and wanting an Aston Martin when you were 16 (like he claims to be). FFS when I was 16 I wanted to be able to afford a Doc Marten.

Maybe Pop was going to pay for it, out of the rent he is getting for the basement. Or maybe he has continued his career as a vigilante.

Or maybe he is just posting shite as usual. [/b][/quote]
ya, i wanted to (my rents were gonna chip in) buy the suv (used, not new that&#39;d be way too much) but with the gas prices, and on top of that the crappy insurance money that i gotta give, i said hells no, in fact, i&#39;m thinking of selling my car (mazda protege, atleast it&#39;s not a gas guzzler) because i&#39;m getting to the point i can&#39;t even pay gas money for it (man i&#39;m broke) <_< :angry: .

cpt_azad
05-17-2004, 07:39 AM
Originally posted by Rat Faced+16 May 2004 - 05:00--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Rat Faced @ 16 May 2004 - 05:00)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>

..... got a few coppers for a cuppa guvnor? :( [/b][/quote]
oh man, aston martin&#39;s are dope, some day....... (i can dream damnit :( ) or a 1969 mustang (mach 3) i believe, those things are worth living for and then u realize the gas prices are never gonna come down :angry:

J'Pol
05-17-2004, 07:44 AM
:sleep1:

cpt_azad
05-17-2004, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by J&#39;Pol@16 May 2004 - 23:52
:sleep1:
lol

shn
05-17-2004, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by FuNkY CaPrIcOrN@11 May 2004 - 22:20

http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/040511/040511_gasprice_hmed_1p.hmedium.jpg

WTF is going on?&#33;Might not sound like much to some of you.But what about the man makeing &#036;5.15 an hour which is the American Minimum Wage. :frusty:
My job is giving away &#036;1000 dollars in free gas (vouchers). If I win I&#39;ll send you a gallon on the house&#33;

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
05-17-2004, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by shn@17 May 2004 - 13:54
My job is giving away &#036;1000 dollars in free gas (vouchers). If I win I&#39;ll send you a gallon on the house&#33;

;) Well it must be important to them if they are doing that.You act like it is nothing.But obviously it is to everybody else.

Busyman
05-17-2004, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by shn+17 May 2004 - 14:54--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (shn &#064; 17 May 2004 - 14:54)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-FuNkY CaPrIcOrN@11 May 2004 - 22:20

WTF is going on?&#33;Might not sound like much to some of you.But what about the man makeing &#036;5.15 an hour which is the American Minimum Wage. :frusty:
My job is giving away &#036;1000 dollars in free gas (vouchers). If I win I&#39;ll send you a gallon on the house&#33; [/b][/quote]
Yes and that will last a little less than a year.

What&#39;s funny is the fact that people moan about gas prices yet waste money on a number of other things like....not preparing their own food, which amounts to much more than the &#036;150 more in a year you&#39;ll spend on gas.

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
05-18-2004, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by Busyman@17 May 2004 - 18:49
What&#39;s funny is the fact that people moan about gas prices yet waste money on a number of other things like....not preparing their own food, which amounts to much more than the &#036;150 more in a year you&#39;ll spend on gas.
:huh: So I should start a Thread about how much the Price of Big Macs are hurting Parents with 3 or more kids? :huh:

shn
05-18-2004, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by FuNkY CaPrIcOrN+17 May 2004 - 18:58--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (FuNkY CaPrIcOrN @ 17 May 2004 - 18:58)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Busyman@17 May 2004 - 18:49
:huh: So I should start a Thread about how much the Price of Big Macs are hurting Parents with 3 or more kids? :huh: [/b][/quote]
Any kid that can eat a whole BigMac has some health (weight) problems, or will in the future. If I was a parent the thought of giving my child a BigMac would be unheard of. Hell, I can&#39;t even eat a whole one. :huh:

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
05-18-2004, 01:17 AM
Originally posted by shn@17 May 2004 - 20:10
If I was a parent the thought of giving my child a BigMac would be unheard of. Hell, I can&#39;t even eat a whole one. :huh:
<_< What kind of an American are you?

Busyman
05-18-2004, 03:04 AM
Originally posted by FuNkY CaPrIcOrN+17 May 2004 - 21:25--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (FuNkY CaPrIcOrN @ 17 May 2004 - 21:25)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-shn@17 May 2004 - 20:10
If I was a parent the thought of giving my child a BigMac would be unheard of.&nbsp; Hell, I can&#39;t even eat a whole one.&nbsp; :huh:
<_< What kind of an American are you? [/b][/quote]
I second that.

It&#39;s amazing that once something is hyped in the media, that people jump on the bandwagon.

ala Microsoft, ala McDonalds, etc.

Tikibonbon
05-18-2004, 04:42 AM
Originally posted by Busyman+18 May 2004 - 03:12--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Busyman @ 18 May 2004 - 03:12)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by FuNkY CaPrIcOrN@17 May 2004 - 21:25
<!--QuoteBegin-shn@17 May 2004 - 20:10
If I was a parent the thought of giving my child a BigMac would be unheard of.&nbsp; Hell, I can&#39;t even eat a whole one.&nbsp; :huh:
I second that.

It&#39;s amazing that once something is hyped in the media, that people jump on the bandwagon.

ala Microsoft, ala McDonalds, etc. [/b][/quote]
yup, watch out for the sheep shit in here. it gets pretty deep at times.

vidcc
05-18-2004, 04:47 AM
There is absolutely no way my kids would eat a big mac..... it has lettuce in it :x :lol:

cpt_azad
05-18-2004, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by vidcc@17 May 2004 - 20:55
There is absolutely no way my kids would eat a big mac..... it has lettuce in it :x :lol:
lmao

Barbarossa
05-18-2004, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by shn@18 May 2004 - 01:10

Any kid that can eat a whole BigMac has some health (weight) problems, or will in the future.
They&#39;ll be fine as long as they skateboard home.. ;)

The thing about food is that it&#39;s a balancing act. You have to balance your intake with the amount you use up.

I&#39;ve been eating junk food all my life, and I&#39;m still like a strip of piss, it&#39;s all to do with having an active lifestyle, which is what is lacking for alot of the playstation-generation... :blink:

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
05-18-2004, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by barbarossa@18 May 2004 - 05:01
I've been eating junk food all my life, and I'm still like a strip of piss, it's all to do with having an active lifestyle, which is what is lacking for alot of the playstation-generation... :blink:
:huh: Are you saying that Bars should start to have treadmills instead of Stools? :huh:

Busyman
05-18-2004, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by barbarossa+18 May 2004 - 06:01--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (barbarossa @ 18 May 2004 - 06:01)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-shn@18 May 2004 - 01:10

Any kid that can eat a whole BigMac has some health (weight) problems, or will in the future.
They'll be fine as long as they skateboard home.. ;)

The thing about food is that it's a balancing act. You have to balance your intake with the amount you use up.

I've been eating junk food all my life, and I'm still like a strip of piss, it's all to do with having an active lifestyle, which is what is lacking for alot of the playstation-generation... :blink: [/b][/quote]
Whatever. <_<

It's also genetics.

shn
05-19-2004, 01:36 AM
Originally posted by FuNkY CaPrIcOrN+17 May 2004 - 19:25--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (FuNkY CaPrIcOrN @ 17 May 2004 - 19:25)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-shn@17 May 2004 - 20:10
<_< What kind of an American are you? [/b][/quote]
Obviously not one that you can call typical.

Mcdonald&#39;s sucks. Fast Food period sucks&#33; I either cook or go out to eat. Besides fast food is not like it used to be. Nowadays you have punk little kidz there that spit in your food or drop your "Big Mac" patty on the floor and slide it off to that unsuspecting customer in the drive through.

The effects of minimum wage I suppose.

cpt_azad
05-19-2004, 04:04 AM
Originally posted by shn+18 May 2004 - 17:44--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (shn @ 18 May 2004 - 17:44)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by FuNkY CaPrIcOrN@17 May 2004 - 19:25
<!--QuoteBegin-shn@17 May 2004 - 20:10
If I was a parent the thought of giving my child a BigMac would be unheard of. Hell, I can&#39;t even eat a whole one. :huh:
Obviously not one that you can call typical.

Mcdonald&#39;s sucks. Fast Food period sucks&#33; I either cook or go out to eat. Besides fast food is not like it used to be. Nowadays you have punk little kidz there that spit in your food or drop your "Big Mac" patty on the floor and slide it off to that unsuspecting customer in the drive through.

The effects of minimum wage I suppose. [/b][/quote]
one of the many reasons i don&#39;t eat at fast food places. lol, i thought this thread was about gasoline prices :lol:

J'Pol
05-19-2004, 07:55 AM
What nutritional value does water have - answer that.

shn
05-19-2004, 08:24 AM
gee FC has really done it now.

This topic has went from outlandish gas prices to fast-food quarrels and now an enviormental survey.

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
05-19-2004, 09:21 AM
http://5024596508.corefusion.net/Pictures/gasprice.JPG

I scanned that from our Local NewsPaper.Not a good Picture.But you get the idea. :P

:lol: I should not be laughing at that Picture.It is the truth.But what can you do but laugh at it. :lol:

podgermash
06-11-2004, 11:00 AM
wooh woooh , :o
so where are my posts gone in this thread?
Ok so you have just done a clean up job on the site but why delete my posts? they were not defamatory in any way, contained no bad language and the comments and issues I raised were in keeping with the original topic. I thought thats what I had to do to make a post
Ok they may have contained sarcasm and a slight reference to the imperialistic attitude of a US president, but they did speak many truths and reflected an attitude thats alive in most people, one of hypocrisy.
So please explain why they were removed or reinstate them on this thread.
Free speech, dudes

MagicNakor
06-11-2004, 11:07 AM
Had you checked the "About Our Board" section, you would&#39;ve seen that *all* the posts for the last 20 days are gone because the board had to be restored from a backup.

We shall never see their likes again.

:ninja:

podgermash
06-11-2004, 03:09 PM
ooomph, fair enough.
Like all message boards that I contribute to, Inever readthe "stuff", if I did I&#39;d never get round to making my own comments :angry:
But I&#39;m not gonna repeat my enigmatic pearls of wisdom coz I cant remember what I wrote :lol:
Safe to saythough, they were of such Aristotle like musings I m surprised you didnt make them a sticky ;)

longboneslinger
06-12-2004, 06:04 PM
Sigh. Back to the gas prices. My wife bought a Trailblazer. She wanted a new Tahoe. I said HELL NO&#33; I aint puttin&#39; gas in that&#33; She then tried for a new Tblazer. NO. They depreciate to fast. She wound up with an &#39;03. It&#39;s got a V6 but it&#39;s still a gas guzzling road hog. SHe even tried to get me to buy a Tahoe....knowing I&#39;d never drive it so she could......... :rolleyes: Or maybe she wants to cash in my life insurance. Knowing the way I drive I wouldn&#39;t make it a week in a land yaght without killing myself. I like curves and speed to much&#33;

What do I drive? &#39;89 Honda CRX si. It used to get great gas mileage. At least until the new V-Tech went in. I was looking at turbo&#39;s, but with the price of gas, I"m holding off a bit. I have a 45 minute commute even at 80 miles an hour...damn slow drivers :angry: and I fill up twice a week now at &#036;1.83 a gallon regular and I have to use premium at 1.98 a gallon&#33; I only have a 12 or 14 gallon tank. I ask for no sympathy. We don&#39;t deserve it anyway. Gotta get these egotistical idiots outa these SUV&#39;s and into something easier on the gas supply. We sports car nuts are different.... :lol: :P

By the by, gas prices go up everydamn year befor Memorial day when US road travel is at it&#39;s highest. It never comes all the way down to the previous prices. They do it smart, up it a little at a time so the cattle...errrr...citizens won&#39;t complain to much.

Voetsek
06-13-2004, 06:50 PM
the gas price is still way to low pay what we pay then you have grounds to moan

Just my view

vidcc
06-14-2004, 06:56 PM
Having just returned from a road trip taking in 4 states i found it interesting that prices varied according to the gas staions location by incredible amounts.
Upon entering a town the first station one comes to after a long drive across a plain or desert will be about 30-50 cents per galllon more expensive than the next garage 1/2 a mile down the road.
A price difference has always been the case in such situations however it was always just a couple of cents. I am not bemoaning the retailers because typically they make only around one cent per gallon and the bulk of the profit goes to the suppliers.

longboneslinger
06-15-2004, 03:07 AM
Yeah, vid, the stations right off the interstate are always highest. I always go a few miles into the city in question. The price drops a lot as you get off the interstate. Location is key. Folks are willing to pay more for the convienance of filling up and jumping right back on the interstate. Me, I&#39;m willing to drive a few miles to save a few bucks.

I&#39;d be willing to bet it&#39;s the same in other nations. People are people wherever you go. It&#39;s human nature. As for prices, talk to the Saudi&#39;s. It&#39;s their oil. Maybe if the treehuggers would let us drill some more wells..........oh well, that&#39;s a new thread. :offtopic: :P Or if we&#39;d stop wasting it and come up with alternative fuels that are cheaper and easier to make not to mention easier on the environment. They aren&#39;t called &#39;fossil fuels&#39; for nothing. B)

muchspl2
06-15-2004, 03:34 AM
its not bad now, its down to 1.89 a gallon, thank god because thats my main expense now that i&#39;m a chauffeur

j2k4
06-15-2004, 08:44 PM
&#036;181.9 here today. ;)

longboneslinger
06-16-2004, 12:59 AM
By the by, gas prices go up everydamn year befor Memorial day when US road travel is at it&#39;s highest. It never comes all the way down to the previous prices. They do it smart, up it a little at a time so the cattle...errrr...citizens won&#39;t complain to much.

From a previous post. I was to lazy to retype :P

Happens every year. Sigh, now if premium would drop to a &#036;1.50 or so, I&#39;d get me a turbo. &#39;Course if I did, I&#39;d need it to outrun the wife :lol:

vidcc
06-16-2004, 01:44 AM
still &#036;1:95-7 here, has been for a while......mind you there is a gas station that closed down a while back that is still displaying &#036;1:32 :lol: