PDA

View Full Version : Outlook Express Disables Attachments

ketoprak
03-16-2003, 11:22 AM
Does someone know how to disable Outlook Express 'antivirus' ? It keeps disabling attachments I receive, says they're viruses, whereas they're not. :o

Maybe is OE a virus itself ? ;)

Lamsey
03-16-2003, 11:55 AM
OE a virus itself
Oh yeah, I wouldn't use OE if you paid me.

I'd go for Foxmail (check my site for link) - it's free and much better than Outlook Express.

To keep your virus protection up to scratch, use your antivirus program to scan incoming emails - Norton, McAfee and AVG all have this, so do others.

Rocktron
03-16-2003, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by ketoprak@16 March 2003 - 12:22
Does someone know how to disable Outlook Express 'antivirus' ? It keeps disabling attachments I receive, says they're viruses, whereas they're not.  :o

Maybe is OE a virus itself ?  ;)
In Outlook.. go to Extra/Options/Security and uncheck this option: Save or open Attachements that may contain viruses!

(I have the Dutch version so it may be differend!)

But if you recieve a MP3 file now OUTLOOK asks you : Do you want to open this type of file in the future? YES!
If you get any other file he will ask you the same thing!

(You can even open the other files you couldn't before!) So don't throw them away!

Good Luck!

ketoprak
03-16-2003, 12:08 PM
Thanks. It works now ! ;)

Rocktron
03-16-2003, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by ketoprak@16 March 2003 - 13:08
Thanks. It works now ! ;)
I'm happy for you!!! :D

No thanks! http://community.the-underdogs.org/smiley/happy/music049.gif

ketoprak
03-16-2003, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by Lamsey@16 March 2003 - 12:55

OE a virus itself
Oh yeah, I wouldn't use OE if you paid me.

I'd go for Foxmail (check my site for link) - it's free and much better than Outlook Express.

Can it (or Eudora) retrieve e-mails from an hotmail account?

To keep your virus protection up to scratch, use your antivirus program to scan incoming emails.

That's what I do. I'm not that stupid! :D