leonidas
05-13-2004, 06:22 PM
When I do click on the item in the setings pannel nothing happens :blink:

leonidas
05-13-2004, 10:52 PM
I mean the "control panel"

zapjb
05-13-2004, 11:05 PM
If you have a good copy of Eraser 5.7, rt click on any folder. An option besides your AV, should be Erase. And there is a help file. Btw I have XP VLK also. Eraser works no probs.

leonidas
05-14-2004, 08:57 AM
Sorry I didn't express myself well.

By "program eraser" I meant the Windows integrated"Add & remove program" tool

leonidas
05-14-2004, 01:26 PM
Bump!.... :helpsmile:

Ariel_001
05-14-2004, 03:09 PM
Do you mean that when you click “Add-Remove Programs” nothing happens? Or do you that mean when you try to uninstall something nothing happens?

If the later is your problem then it is a problem with the program’s uninstaller not windows. Windows has nothing do with installing/uninstalling programs.

Izagaia
05-14-2004, 06:44 PM
There are many programs which show-up in the "add/remove programs" applet, however, which you cannot actually remove using it. To do so, you often have to re-run the installation disk or set-up file .exe and search for the option to "remove/uninstall" completely from my computer.

longboneslinger
05-15-2004, 01:02 AM
Check the folder the prog is in. The uninstall file will be main folder, usually. Try using it directly. I've had problems with Windows screwing up the Registry location of the log file. It'll say something like "Unable to find uninstall file". Norton System Works is notorious for renaming uninstall files, also. Not to mention renaming registry entries......Never ever let norton use it's own fixes. Never.

Alternatively, the uninstall file could be damaged/corupted. You could try the above advice-Izzy is, of course, correct-and if that won't do the trick try reinstalling the app. It'll re-write the uninstall fle.

Later taters.....
BoNe

tesco
05-15-2004, 03:26 AM
if you mean that add\remove programs doesnt open, it may be a virus. cheack if msconfig, regedit, and the task manager can open. if none of those then it is a virus and you will have to run a virus sscan to get rid of it.