PDA

View Full Version : Please Help!

HyE PrIdE THUG
05-13-2004, 07:51 PM
i dont know if this is a hardaware problem or not but every time i try to start far cry the game my pc restarts. i dont know what to do. right when its about to go to the main menu it restarts. please some on help how do i fix this

Virtualbody1234
05-13-2004, 08:01 PM
Is it only with that game?

First thing to do is turn off the automatic restart feature: Right click 'My Computer'>Properties>Advanced tab>Startup and recovery - Settings>Remove the checkmark for [ ] Automatically Restart and click Ok.

lynx
05-13-2004, 08:04 PM
Yeah, do all that, then get this thread moved to Gameworld or Softwareworld, cos it isn't a hardware problem. :rolleyes:

HyE PrIdE THUG
05-13-2004, 08:28 PM
i tried it. now it doesnt rextart but it shows a blue screen before it gets to the main menu. im confused now what would i do and yes its only on this game other games work perfectly. now what do i do.

tesco
05-13-2004, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by HyE PrIdE THUG@13 May 2004 - 15:36
i tried it. now it doesnt rextart but it shows a blue screen before it gets to the main menu. im confused now what would i do and yes its only on this game other games work perfectly. now what do i do.
the point to the restart thing, which vb failed to mention, is that instead of the system just restarting it would show you a blue screen with an error message. make it restart again and write down what the error is, then post it here. get as much info as possible.

its probably either a ram or driver problem. most likely driver.

ck-uk
05-13-2004, 08:49 PM
try another driver m8 the odd games are assholes n just wont work..

could be conflictin with something...

HyE PrIdE THUG
05-13-2004, 09:02 PM
the srceen was just blue it said nothing. so what drivers should i get i mean ihave thenewest catalyst ati drivers. help what should i do.

HyE PrIdE THUG
05-13-2004, 10:14 PM
that blue screen came up but this time it said something. it said some about check if software or hardware installed are or properly and something about physical memory dump on the very bottom maybe this is why far cry doesnt work. this time the blue screen came when i was just browsing the web though. what does this mean and what should i do please help.

tesco
05-13-2004, 10:30 PM
you didnt need to make a new topic <_<

and, you gotta write down teh error number that is displayed on the screen. it will be something like unhandled_exception (0x26000) something like that.

SingaBoiy
05-13-2004, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by HyE PrIdE THUG@13 May 2004 - 13:22
that blue screen came up but this time it said something. it said some about check if software or hardware installed are or properly and something about physical memory dump on the very bottom maybe this is why far cry doesnt work. this time the blue screen came when i was just browsing the web though. what does this mean and what should i do please help.
the blue screen of death <_<

Virtualbody1234
05-13-2004, 10:58 PM
Please don&#39;t start new topics on the same issue.

The topics are now merged together.

Cheese
05-13-2004, 11:09 PM
I had this exact same problem with my new set-up (Asus A7v8x-x and AMD 2500+) when I set it to run at 2.2 ghz. I manually set it to run slightly slower and it has run perfectly ever since.

It restarted everytime I tried to play games such as Far Cry... :(