PDA

View Full Version : I'm In Troble Now!

BiG_aL
05-13-2004, 10:19 PM
Hey guys,
I have the Enermax Ultimate controller. And this evening I decided to splice my Vantec Tornado wires so I could put it in a three pin and would be able to control it's speed. Well all that worked fine UNTIL I looked at my LCD readout and it was dead.
What have I done?
I didn't think a powerful fan could suck so much juice that it would kill the lcd?

Any ideas on what may have gone horribly wrong?
-BiG_aL

SingaBoiy
05-13-2004, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by BiG_aL@13 May 2004 - 13:27
Hey guys,
I have the Enermax Ultimate controller. And this evening I decided to splice my Vantec Tornado wires so I could put it in a three pin and would be able to control it's speed. Well all that worked fine UNTIL I looked at my LCD readout and it was dead.
What have I done?
I didn't think a powerful fan could suck so much juice that it would kill the lcd?

-BiG_aL
Off topic but... do you Socom???

atiVidia
05-13-2004, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by SingaBoiy+13 May 2004 - 17:29--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SingaBoiy @ 13 May 2004 - 17:29)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-BiG_aL@13 May 2004 - 13:27
Hey guys,
&nbsp; &nbsp; I have the Enermax Ultimate controller. And this evening I decided to splice my Vantec Tornado wires so I could put it in a three pin and would be able to control it&#39;s speed. Well all that worked fine UNTIL I looked at my LCD readout and it was dead.
What have I done?
I didn&#39;t think a powerful fan could suck so much juice that it would kill the lcd?

&nbsp; -BiG_aL
Off topic but... do you Socom??? [/b][/quote]
stfu&#33; <_<

paging clocker to the service desk. :)

tesco
05-13-2004, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by SingaBoiy+13 May 2004 - 17:29--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SingaBoiy &#064; 13 May 2004 - 17:29)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-BiG_aL@13 May 2004 - 13:27
Hey guys,
&nbsp; &nbsp; I have the Enermax Ultimate controller. And this evening I decided to splice my Vantec Tornado wires so I could put it in a three pin and would be able to control it&#39;s speed. Well all that worked fine UNTIL I looked at my LCD readout and it was dead.
What have I done?
I didn&#39;t think a powerful fan could suck so much juice that it would kill the lcd?

&nbsp; -BiG_aL
Off topic but... do you Socom??? [/b][/quote]
yes very off topic :lol:

anyway, have you tried unplugging the fan to see if the lcd works? could be insufficient power....or maybe, is there a visible power lead for the lcd screen that you may have accidently unhooked?

stfu&#33; <_<

paging clocker to the service desk.&nbsp; :)

kinda uncalled for, lol, but you fixed yourself up with the paging clocker to teh service desk comment :lol:

BiG_aL
05-14-2004, 06:42 PM
yeh nothing is disconnected. I just took the tornado back off and restarted my computer still nothing...

SingaBoiy
05-14-2004, 06:48 PM
I only said that cause I know someone who goes by that name in socom and on AIM