PDA

View Full Version : How Do I Record Sound From A Dvd?

Paul_NFFC
03-16-2003, 01:31 PM
is there a way to record sound from a dvd?? i want to record a live concert i have on dvd to an mp3. I could just tape it with my mic but would be shyte quality i want at least 128bit quality. Im pretty sure there will be some software out there to do this??

Rocktron
03-16-2003, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by Nottingham_Forest_Football_Club@16 March 2003 - 14:31
is there a way to record sound from a dvd?? i want to record a live concert i have on dvd to an mp3. I could just tape it with my mic but would be shyte quality i want at least 128bit quality. Im pretty sure there will be some software out there to do this??

Thanks  :P
I did it.... you can check the Verified Hashes for that! (I did some MUSE LIVE DVD audio rips)

But this is what i do... i connected my dvd player to my stereo. It has a AUDIO out.
I lead the AUDIO out to my AUDIO IN of my Soundcard and record the whole thing with SoundForge 6.0.

And i cut all the songs and save them as little MP3 files 192kbit or higher!

Try that!

Or use the direct AUDIO OUT of your DVD Player (a real DVD player not the PC one) and do the same thing!
Plug it in your Soundcard AUDIO in port and record it with Soundforge or Cooledit!

Hope this helped you any...

Good Luck!

Paul_NFFC
03-16-2003, 02:04 PM
thanks for your help but my stereo broke in january so that method just went out the windows but thanks again :)

anyone got any methods using just a pc??

thanks

LongJohn
03-16-2003, 03:17 PM
Ive done this by taking a line out to a minidisc and then recording back into Sound Forge. But perhaps if you want to do this internally it depends on routing the audio signal through your soundcard to an audio editing program like Sound Forge. Have a look at your soundcards control panel - may not be possible if its a cheapie.

LJ

4play
03-16-2003, 11:01 PM
do you have a dvd rom on your computer because im sure vstrip can rip just the sound out of the dvd.

then convert the ac3 to mp3 with besweet.

doom9 (http://www.doom9.org) they have plenty of guides about how to do this if you have a dvd-rom.