PDA

View Full Version : What’s Up With The New Movies?

Aurora
05-14-2004, 09:59 AM
I’ve been looking for some DVD rips of new releases and all of them are like huge, but with low resolution and split in two discs! Like what’s up with that? Where are those nice resolution, one CD DVD-rips? :(
I’m using Kazaa Lite K++

Anybody knows?

100%
05-14-2004, 10:07 AM
I guess there is a new crowd of people rendering these movies and they havent worked it out yet... :frusty:

highguy
05-14-2004, 10:08 AM
look for KVCDs!!! close to dvd quality and on one disk

Aurora
05-14-2004, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by Zedaxax@14 May 2004 - 10:15
I guess there is a new crowd of people rendering these movies and they havent worked it out yet... :frusty:
Well I presume you are right, ‘cause it is really stupid using all that space when there is a better way.

So tell me, when are the good copies coming out (after DVD release)? I never seem to catch them, either there are none yet or it is too late.

P.S. I’m looking for the movie: “How to deal”. Nothing on Kazaa, any ideas?

delphin460
05-14-2004, 10:59 AM
mate the last place you look is kazaa

first stop is news groups , then mirc and bit torrents and finaly p2p apps like kazaa ect

you want the good stuff use vcd quality to check the releases

http://www.vcdquality.com/index.php

then use

mirc and ircspy

or

bit torrent and suprnova

tutorials on both can be found here on the k-lite forum

ck-uk
05-14-2004, 12:19 PM
most peeps only "encode" em to mpeg for home use anyway so it makes sense imo...

ahctlucabbuS
05-15-2004, 12:23 AM
I've wondered about this myself ever since I saw the DVD rip of "a beautiful mind". I haven't seen anything like it since quality wise.

Adster
05-15-2004, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by highguy@14 May 2004 - 20:16
look for KVCDs!!! close to dvd quality and on one disk
I agree

but the problem is theres hardly any around

I I am seeing now is huge mother 2 gig SVCD files just for a dam TS

when I can make a 100 times better avi 700 meg

2 gig is not convenient for peopel with a download cap

especially for a cam

Aurora
05-16-2004, 01:33 AM
Originally posted by delphin460@14 May 2004 - 11:07
mate the last place you look is kazaa

first stop is news groups , then mirc and bit torrents and finaly p2p apps like kazaa ect

you want the good stuff use vcd quality to check the releases

http://www.vcdquality.com/index.php

then use

mirc and ircspy

or

bit torrent and suprnova

tutorials on both can be found here on the k-lite forum
Well thanks a lot man! Soon as I entered that Ircspy I got something on computer! Couldn't connect all day long... took me hours to find the problem and fix it! :angry:

You should have given me some warrning!
That was not nice! :nono:

{I}{K}{E}
05-16-2004, 01:38 AM
:blink:

get a popup blocker ;)

and use nforce instead of vcdquality

Aurora
05-16-2004, 01:55 AM
Any suggestions which popup blocker? Something safe please.

Last one I had was BullGuard, it slowed my computer so bad(because it scaned every page for viruses too)... And I couldn't get rid'of'it, I had to go to live chat help on their site.

Aurora
05-16-2004, 08:46 AM
I.K.E.
Please post me the link for nforce, because I can't find it.
Thank you

newcster68
05-16-2004, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by Aurora@16 May 2004 - 02:54
I.K.E.
Please post me the link for nforce, because I can't find it.
Thank you
VCDQUALITY.COM has really went downhill. Guess The site creators have better things to do with their time I guess. Same thing as IRCSPY.COM, they never keep their site up to date.

Nforce Entertainment (http://www.nforce.nl/) :D
[ XDCC Search ] Packetnews (http://www.packetnews.com/)

Filliz
05-16-2004, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by Barky@15 May 2004 - 01:31
I've wondered about this myself ever since I saw the DVD rip of "a beautiful mind". I haven't seen anything like it since quality wise.
don't think i've seen the dvd-rip of "a beautiful mind" but i was really impressed by the quality of M:I-2 (mission impossible 2)
The best quality i came across so far.

Aurora
05-16-2004, 11:18 PM
Thank you newcster68

Aurora
05-16-2004, 11:33 PM
Now when I’m looking at the site (nforce) I have so many questions!

Are ‘TS’, ‘Screener’ and ‘Cam’ the same thing? None of them are like or similar to DVD quality?

And what kinds of quality are: ‘SVCD’, ‘VCD’, ‘HDTV’ and ‘VHSRip’?

And why some movies have more than one format in description?
And how do you download the movie?

I hope I’m not bothering!?
:unsure: :unsure:

Robert00000
05-16-2004, 11:39 PM
The best quality to size ratio is given by the mpeg4 based codecs (divx/xvid/wmv), but the problem is these arent standards recognised by the majority of manufacturers, and so only a few dvd players support them .

Far too many people don't understand the relationship between bitrates, quality and size, thats why you get enourmous sized files with moderate quality picture. If te source file is poor quality then there is no need to have high bitrates when encoding.

KVCD is the answer for people who want to watch the movies on dvd players, it uses variable bitrate to squeeze the size and maintain quality. SVCD can also use VBR (variable bitrate) to reduce size.

If i had time i would write a tutorial on bitrates, becuase so many people need to understand it.

Aurora
05-17-2004, 12:36 AM
You are right. I don’t know about the bitrates, but I am not interested in watching the movies on the DVD player, either. I just watch it on my computer. And I don’t need 4GB, perfect quality, DVD rip.

What I prefer is like (only example): resolution 640x727 and size like 715,814KB. And the movies I usually choose are AVI Video format. It’s just lately I can’t find newer releases that are like that! I use VLC to watch them (but I have Divx and Xvid codec’s installed), I think it’s better than Divx player. So yes, you are right; I also find this quality-size ratio the best.

I was just looking at the nforce site and found some DVD-rips and one of them was 4.13 gigs! How am I going to keep that on the computer!? And on one DVD CD I can normally put 5 to 7 movies, and this is like one movie on 1 CD. I don’t need that. I just want to watch movies and collect the ones I like. They do not need to be perfect DVD quality.

I’m not really sure about mirc. At least Kazaa filters some files. As I understood, at mirc you have to except file from someone, that person can send you what ever. Actually I don’t even know how is done with the movies. No one told me that yet. I use mirc and I know you can send and receive large files over it, is that how it’s done?

And this nforce site just gives you information about the movie, where do you actually get the movie?

Well I can write for days, maybe if I had the time (as you sad it). :D

highguy
05-17-2004, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by Adster+15 May 2004 - 01:02--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Adster @ 15 May 2004 - 01:02)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-highguy@14 May 2004 - 20:16
look for KVCDs&#33;&#33;&#33;&nbsp; close to dvd quality and on one disk
I agree

but the problem is theres hardly any around

I I am seeing now is huge mother 2 gig SVCD files just for a dam TS

when I can make a 100 times better avi 700 meg

2 gig is not convenient for peopel with a download cap

especially for a cam [/b][/quote]
have you looked on mirc??? they got the most&#33;&#33;&#33;
lots of new realeases and dvd rips&#33;&#33;

Aurora
05-17-2004, 08:35 PM
Yes Mirc, but where? What server? What channel?
And how is it done? Is it based on trusting people not to send you a range of viruses isted of a movie? Is it sending and receivig file?

danzak
05-17-2004, 09:01 PM
mIRC is pretty easy, they&#39;ve got lots of the newer stuff (movies, games, apps) and it&#39;s relatively safe. I&#39;ve yet to get infected by anything I&#39;ve gotten off of IRC.
Basically, you go to a website to search for what you want (packetnews.com, ircspy.com, xdccsearch.com etc). It&#39;ll show you the bots or packets that are available, what the transfer speed is and what the queue is (if you search long enough, you can usually find something without a queue). So, now you&#39;ve got a whole list of the file that you&#39;re looking for, all you need to do is click on the packetnumber (shown on the website)-this will copy the trigger info to your clipboard, mIRC will open automatically for you and connect to the proper network and channel. Just paste the trigger and you&#39;re good to go. It&#39;s all pretty simple, I started using it, and it&#39;s great (I get speeds of around 300kb/sec) and very rarely are there fakes.
Make sure you use the step by step guide to set up mIRC in the mIRC section of this forum.

Oh and no-you don&#39;t have to upload anything. IRC is pure leaching unless you want to set yourself up as a "distributor"

Aurora
05-18-2004, 12:56 AM
I am trying it out right now. Still didn&#39;t manage to download anything, so I can&#39;t tell you does it work or not.

Thanks anyway :)

Rip The Jacker
05-18-2004, 01:05 AM
Is it possible to view a screenshot of the movie release at NFOrce like at VCDQuality? :unsure:

Aurora
05-18-2004, 01:52 AM
And where is the packet number at nforce? Does something like that exist there?

I&#39;ve been to their forum, and they are like: you can see that some one out there has that movie, but you can&#39;t ask where and how to get it or you will be booted from the forum. Plus they give you bunch of information (I don&#39;t even know what the half of them mean), but no real connection to those movies.

What is the point? Having the index, but no book&#33;
hahahahahahahahaha
Then you go to your professor and ask: "So, what&#39;s up with the rest of the book?"
And he says: "O.K. That is it&#33; You are out of my class&#33; I will not have such a talk in my classroom&#33;"
hahahahahahahahahahahaha
Really&#33;&#33;&#33; :frusty: