PDA

View Full Version : The Meteor

Leech_Killer
03-16-2003, 05:13 PM
Something to ponder:
You are the President of the United States. Scientists have discovered a meteor that is headed towards the earth. They have calculated that it will strike France in 2 days, at approximately 2:30 A.M. The meteor is large enough to completely wipe France from the face of the earth forever.

France and the United Nations have requested that the United States send all available ships and aircraft to help evacuate the country. Among the ships and planes you could be sending are many that are being used to fight the war on terror overseas.

As the President, you must decide: Do you stay up late on the night of the impact to watch the coverage live, or tape it and watch it in the morning?

kAb
03-16-2003, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by Leech_Killer@16 March 2003 - 09:13
Something to ponder:
You are the President of the United States. Scientists have discovered a meteor that is headed towards the earth. They have calculated that it will strike France in 2 days, at approximately 2:30 A.M. The meteor is large enough to completely wipe France from the face of the earth forever.

France and the United Nations have requested that the United States send all available ships and aircraft to help evacuate the country. Among the ships and planes you could be sending are many that are being used to fight the war on terror overseas.

As the President, you must decide: Do you stay up late on the night of the impact to watch the coverage live, or tape it and watch it in the morning?
umm.. if you were to know that it would hit France, then you would know exactly where to launch the nuke to blow up the meteor.

but i'd stay up to watch it.

of course i'd send in the ships to evacuate France.

and why is the question whether to stay up or not?

Leech_Killer
03-16-2003, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by kAb+16 March 2003 - 18:22--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (kAb @ 16 March 2003 - 18:22)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Leech_Killer@16 March 2003 - 09:13
Something to ponder:

umm.. if you were to know that it would hit France, then you would know exactly where to launch the nuke to blow up the meteor.

but i&#39;d stay up to watch it.

of course i&#39;d send in the ships to evacuate France.

and why is the question whether to stay up or not? [/b][/quote]
It&#39;s not really a question it&#39;s a joke, but I know why your confused, it&#39;s because it&#39;s been written with British humor and a long running dislike of the French. :D

itay
03-16-2003, 05:39 PM
i would have set my VCR and make some Popcorn and watch France getting burn..... :lol:

NoX
03-17-2003, 11:18 AM
:angry: im actually part french so dont pay out france :angry:

Leech_Killer
03-17-2003, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by NoX@17 March 2003 - 12:18
You have my condolences. :D

ne1GotZardoz
03-17-2003, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by kAb@16 March 2003 - 18:22

but i&#39;d stay up to watch it.

of course i&#39;d send in the ships to evacuate France.

and why is the question whether to stay up or not?
Of course launching nukes at the meteor is out of the question.
Our nukes won&#39;t follow a trajectory in space. They are designed for arching into space then releasing warheads.

The possibility of blowing up a meteor big enough to be that worried about is slim. Even with several nukes. And it would be in our atmosphere already so it would do more damage to the whole planet than the meteor alone would.
However, Since we know it&#39;s going to hit France in two days, we can launch our nukes in succession at the point the meteor will hit, setting them for underground detonation, (yes thats possible. Has been for the last 23 years), We could blast a deep hole in the middle of france and reduce the environmental impact from the dust cloud the meteor would kick up.

Or even better, If we blast enough of France, we could fill it with the mediteranean and the effects of the meteor would be minimal. :)

Two days though is not enough time to deploy ships to evacuate. It will take two days of bombing to blow out a big enough hole.

The world will remember the brave sacrifice made by the French. :rolleyes:

itay
03-17-2003, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by ne1GotZardoz@17 March 2003 - 13:38
Or even better, If we blast enough of France, we could fill it with the mediteranean and the effects of the meteor would be minimal. :)

but don&#39;t u think that when the meteor will hit the mediteranean this will cuz a huge Tsunami wave????
that could flud a big parts of the planet....

4play
03-17-2003, 03:47 PM
damn it is only a joke.

And i would stay up to watch it and record it. :lol:

What is the differnce between toast and the french?

You can make soldiers out of toast :lol:

ne1GotZardoz
03-17-2003, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by itay@17 March 2003 - 14:36

but don&#39;t u think that when the meteor will hit the mediteranean this will cuz a huge Tsunami wave????
that could flud a big parts of the planet....
There would be some immediate damage to areas south of France but no lasting effects.
When you weigh that against a dust cloud blocking out the sun for many years, a tsunami is a very small thing indeed.

We&#39;ll miss North Africa. :)

Z
03-18-2003, 05:27 AM
its a joke guys. :lol:
why r u guys in the funny stuff area if u dont even get it??? :huh:

j2k4
03-18-2003, 06:32 AM
France: "Always there when she needs you"

Going to war without France is like going swimming without an accordian.

I know it was a joke-It was a DAMN FINE JOKE, TOO.

imported_QuietSilence!
03-18-2003, 09:32 AM
i like the idea of nukin france too make a whole to cach the meteor

in fact i think we should do that any way just in cace a meteor hits it :P

and after the radation disapates we should build the worlds largest MCdonalds there in memory of there fine food :P

ne1GotZardoz
03-18-2003, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by j2k4@18 March 2003 - 07:32
France: "Always there when she needs you"

Going to war without France is like going swimming without an accordian.

I know it was a joke-It was a DAMN FINE JOKE, TOO.
But...

If you went swimming with an accordion...

Wouldn&#39;t that slow...

AHHH&#33;&#33;&#33;

<Again, for any republicans and conservatives from other countries, that was a joke>

j2k4
03-18-2003, 02:36 PM
Yes-I recognized THAT joke, too. I AM getting better at that.

Perhap we could send the French a bunch of catcher&#39;s mitts, too-would that help, or am I being TOO conservative?

andyefc
03-18-2003, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by Leech_Killer+17 March 2003 - 12:41--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Leech_Killer @ 17 March 2003 - 12:41)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--NoX@17 March 2003 - 12:18
You have my condolences. :D[/b][/quote]
LMAO, that made me laugh&#33;&#33;&#33;

ne1GotZardoz
03-19-2003, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by j2k4@18 March 2003 - 15:36
Yes-I recognized THAT joke, too. I AM getting better at that.

Perhap we could send the French a bunch of catcher&#39;s mitts, too-would that help, or am I being TOO conservative?
J2K4,

I know you know its a joke but I don&#39;t think they know.

You know?
;)

andyefc
03-19-2003, 03:04 AM
ahhh, but i know, u know, they dont know, but they dont know that u know, they dont know......am i being clear?&#33;?&#33; :D :D :D :P

j2k4
03-19-2003, 05:20 AM
I once heard of a way to know what everyone knows, without anyone else knowing what or how you know, or, by then, knew.