PDA

View Full Version : Internetworld

Amarjit
03-16-2003, 05:15 PM
I think there should be an "Internetworld" category in the "Discussions" forum because it would separate some discussion from the "Lounge" forum. Am I making sense?

kAb
03-16-2003, 05:26 PM
but what would you talk about there?

jetje
03-16-2003, 05:28 PM
we could it's just the more rooms we create the more people will post wrong.
Also the most is pretty covered now. We must not forget that main purpose of the site is kazaalite/p2p filesharing. The rest is a bonus for all of us... B)

Amarjit
03-16-2003, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by jetje@ http://www.klboard.ath.cx/bb/index.php
we could it's just the more rooms we create the more people will post wrong.
Also the most is pretty covered now. We must not forget that main purpose of the site is kazaalite/p2p filesharing. The rest is a bonus for all of us...

I suppose that would require more moderators.

Icey
03-16-2003, 05:54 PM
i like the idea.. but alot more work by the mod's will be required

ToraBoraDweller
03-16-2003, 09:35 PM
I think no-one will object if you post such items in Softwareworld
or the lounge since it will become too complicated to decide
where the borderline is or should be (much overlap). :)

ooo
03-16-2003, 11:36 PM
umm internet related... yes that would be smart actually... no it can go in either software or games like some one said... or hardware... lol actually internet can go in all places.... now im starting to confuse myself

Curley
03-17-2003, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by jetje@16 March 2003 - 17:28
We must not forget that main purpose of the site is kazaalite/p2p filesharing. The rest is a bonus for all of us... B)
I have to agree with that.

MagicNakor
03-17-2003, 01:55 AM
If there gets to be an Internetworld, you'll never hear the end of Bookworld from me. :lol:

:ninja:

Edited to add: PS: We need Bookworld. ;)

Curley
03-17-2003, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by MagicNakor@17 March 2003 - 01:55
If there gets to be an Internetworld, you'll never hear the end of Bookworld from me. :lol:

Edited to add: PS: We need Bookworld. ;)
erm...... I have to agree with that too!! When you read as many books as me, you never tire of talking about them.

N£MO
03-17-2003, 08:43 AM
I dont really think we need more rooms,we have enough at them moment and it would be too confusing for some n00bs...look at the trouble we have sometimes already with posts in wrong places so another room would just add to the mayhem...

MagicNakor
03-17-2003, 10:31 AM
I don't see how Bookworld could be confusing for newbies. It'd just have books and book-related talking. ;) No software, no codecs, no ISOs, no connection problems, no "this is my proposed computer will it run." Maybe if you stretch it, it could relate into the forestry trade. :lol:

Razz
03-19-2003, 11:53 AM
bookworld? whats next oh oh can we have an IRCworld to leave offline messages to users and perhaps discuss good servers for fileserving and which servers are lagging today etc :P

We do actually need an IRCworld :lol:

MagicNakor
03-19-2003, 10:11 PM
IRCWorld fits under Softwareworld. ;)

But BookWorld doesn't.

Come on people, think of the books. They're hobos. :'(

SuperJude™
03-20-2003, 01:55 AM
That's a pretty good idea actually, but again, this is a p2p site so I'm not sure they would add another forum. If they do, I'll be posting there. If not, hey, you tried.

-SJ™

MagicNakor
03-20-2003, 03:17 AM
Well, a large part of the reason for wanting Bookworld is because some people do download books, and thus, have verifieds for them. ;) Movieworld is demeaning to a good book; I've currently got about 16 gigs of books shared.

ShareDaddy
03-20-2003, 03:45 AM
Internet world as previously suggested would be too much, I mean there are a lot of gray areas there; we would have people posting all sorts of stuff there. Internet World seems to be a bit to broad in scope, I could see it becoming almost impossible for any mod to be able to even make decisions on what should be classified Internet World material. I mean the Internet is basically all about everything we already have worlds for and anything that does not fit into one of those categories really does not need its own world.

Bookworld on the other hand, maybe I could see that, not too much overlap with the other worlds and I am one heck of a bookworm, or at least was prior to metamorphosis, I mean I now have wings but still love a good book. :D However I do agree with those who have stated another world would be a bit much, however I think it would be a good thing to try, at least on an interim basis (bookworld I am talking about).

MagicNakor
03-20-2003, 04:13 AM
Hehe, wee, I'm not alone in my quest to find a home for books. :D

vegeta
03-20-2003, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by AmarjitSingh@16 March 2003 - 18:15
I think there should be an "Internetworld" category in the "Discussions" forum because it would separate some discussion from the "Lounge" forum. Am I making sense?
i think that the bod is fine as it is ;) .