PDA

View Full Version : Cant Forward Or Rewind .asf Files

jack7777766
05-15-2004, 04:37 PM
Hey All,
I searched this forum and the movie forum and couldnt find an answer, I also looked at the sites on the pinned topic. I have a few old .asf files that im having trouble with. Basically its all my old .asf files.
The problem is I cant fast forward the files when theyre playing, I cant skip at all I have to watch the files from the begining. Im using WMP 9.0 and WinXP. I used to be able to fast forward using a different player eureka, but I cant now I think its because before I was using another version of windows.
I know I can convert the file to another format but this takes forever for each file and I just want to watch them and be able to fast forward them without so much hasle.
Is there any player or any easy way to do this???

Thanks
Jack

2nd gen noob
05-15-2004, 04:40 PM
Zoom Player (http://www.inmatrix.com/files/zoomplayer_download.shtml)

Entity101
05-15-2004, 05:11 PM
Windows Media Player just sucks when it comes to playing it's own formats (asf and wmv).

Try another player like Media Player Classic.

jack7777766
05-15-2004, 09:38 PM
Nope zoom player and media player classic dont work.

I think it might be because im using win XP, I think I read something that said that.

Anything else I could use or do.

I encoded one asf to wmv it took over an hour and went from a 150m file to a 600mb file and I have allot of these I dont wnat to do this every time,

Thanks
Jack