PDA

View Full Version : Help W/ Aim Forwarding 2 Cell

Bowen747x
05-15-2004, 07:33 PM
i just got the kyocera SE47 last week and while i was at work 2day a buddy of mine sent me like 10 messages cuz he needed 2 talk 2 me and i didnt respond cuz i couldnt at work,
so i was wondering if it is possible 2 have the phone put like an away message up so that if i receive a text message it instantly responds saying something like "At Work", or w/e else i want it 2

mortsapprentice
05-16-2004, 03:03 AM
Originally posted by Bowen747x@15 May 2004 - 19:41
i just got the kyocera SE47 last week and while i was at work 2day a buddy of mine sent me like 10 messages cuz he needed 2 talk 2 me and i didnt respond cuz i couldnt at work,
so i was wondering if it is possible 2 have the phone put like an away message up so that if i receive a text message it instantly responds saying something like "At Work", or w/e else i want it 2
its possible depends on the phone i have never heard of the kyocera SE47

Bowen747x
05-16-2004, 05:37 PM
yea its a cool phone but i dont understand... it had auto txt messages but not auto responses

lynx
05-16-2004, 06:15 PM
There's a good reason why they don't do auto-response.

Suppose someone has one of those message lines which have a fee on top of the usual message cost. All they have to do is find out who has automated responses and keep sending them (you) messages. They would make a fortune in no time, and be long gone with the money before anyone gets round to stopping them.

Meanwhile the victim (you) ends up with a hefty bill.

Bowen747x
05-17-2004, 08:32 PM
not true at all, auto responses only respond 2 the same user after their first message
and what would any1 get out of thta if they did that other then pissing some1 off

aright well if i cant have auto responses what about blking ppl from sending me msgs
(like not accepting them or making it look like im logged off of aim or w/e)