PDA

View Full Version : Halo Install ?

Mr.Magoo
05-16-2004, 12:34 AM
I recently downloaded the full version of Halo about 730mb . The file name is flt-halo.exe, how does it install ? When I click the .exe a dos window pops open for a second and then thats it. Please help me out ...

Guyver
05-16-2004, 12:39 AM
trie right clicking it and extract files, get winrar alos if u do not have it, c if that werks :) , just hope u didnt get a fake copy ro sumthin

Pitbul
05-16-2004, 01:52 AM
Originally posted by Mr.Magoo@15 May 2004 - 17:42
I recently downloaded the full version of Halo about 730mb . The file name is flt-halo.exe, how does it install ? When I click the .exe a dos window pops open for a second and then thats it. Please help me out ...
sounds like you got teh pwned by teh v1rus. the real Halo is 699MB's. i downloaded it like 2 days ago.

Mr.Magoo
05-16-2004, 04:34 AM
I just used winrar to convert the file. It is now 699mb. But I still can't open it.. Come on people think.. Why can't I open it.. It took me 2 days to download this.. I am dying to play it...

cpt_azad
05-16-2004, 04:37 AM
rename to iso or bin (for bin make a cue also). fastest way is to use daemon tools to load the file you already have (if the file doesn't show up under the open window, then select all from the drop down menu and select the winrar file u mentioned and hit okay). did u dl this from kazaa? if so, don't dl games from kazaa nemore, they're worthless.

Mr.Magoo
05-16-2004, 04:50 AM
ok, can you put that into laymen's terms ?

Mr.Magoo
05-16-2004, 05:18 AM
How can I change it from a msdos application to something else?

cpt_azad
05-16-2004, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by Mr.Magoo@15 May 2004 - 21:26
How can I change it from a msdos application to something else?
rename the extension to bin or iso. but since i'm high on caffiene and feeling nice today, i'll take u thru a step by step:

1) google.com>search for and download "daemon tools" (without quotes)
2) install daemon tools
3) double click/run daemon tools, u should see a lightning bolt on the bottom right of ur screen
4) right click on the lightning bolt>Virtual CD/DVD-ROM>set number of devices>1 drive
5) right click on the lightning bolt>Virtual CD/DVD-ROM>Device 0: [X:] No Media (note X can be any number, just like a variable, the number doesn't matter at all)>Mount Image
6) A little search box will so up, on the drop down menu next to where it says "Files of Type" (near the bottom of the search box) click it and select the option "All Files (*.*)
7) in the search box browse to the msdos program u described (in this case the 699 mb halo file in ms dos extension)
8) if it shows up (halo msdos) double click on it, do not click or open any thing else
9) if all went the way they were supposed to, autorun will kick in and the halo menu will come up asking you wat u want to do, example:
install, readme, exit, play, re-install, etc.

hope that helped, you owe me one ;) good luck

Mr.Magoo
05-17-2004, 12:58 AM
cpt_azad, you are the best !!! I can't believe it worked. Thank you so much...

cpt_azad
05-17-2004, 07:28 AM
Originally posted by Mr.Magoo@16 May 2004 - 17:06
cpt_azad, you are the best !!! I can't believe it worked. Thank you so much...
glad to hear it worked (works all the time for me) :) have fun (halo mp is really crazy) :D and ur welcome B)

cpt_azad
05-17-2004, 07:44 AM
one more thing, download games/movies using bittorrent because you'll end up with bin+cues/isos etc, not msdos exe's like you do in kazaa B)