PDA

View Full Version : Tricky One For U Good People

lancalot
05-16-2004, 06:19 AM
here's one for all u experts. about 80% of files i try to download with kazaa try to connect in the trafic window and after about 20 seconds tell me they need more sources...most especialy game file that i really want. now i have tried to source many different files with the same name or size and all will start in the trafic window as they should but fail to actually download then i give up for a while, help please :angry:

muchspl2
05-16-2004, 07:16 AM
try a different p2p like mirc or bittorent, kazza is a dying network

delphin460
05-16-2004, 07:44 AM
are you on adsl or cable and behind a router, if so ya gunna need to poet forward and use kanat

MUSLEMAN
05-16-2004, 07:50 AM
its what delphin460 said or you just don't have sources for your file.

remember: your download speed depends on the # of sources for it and their upload speed, anddon't be fooled by whatyou see in the search window they are not an indication of who is available for connection so change supernodes to see if you get lucky, also use localized supernodes, also try changing ports, and lower your upload bandwidth,remove the no ip sources from your dat files and see if it helps , and if you have a router you need to get kanat

lancalot
05-17-2004, 11:06 AM
thanks for the assist so far 1 mirc?????? don't know what that is yet, 2... bit torrent sucks big time as far as i am concerned, tried it for about two weeks and every download took nearly 3 to 4 days and then some yuck........ 3... cable and no router, there usually seems to be maybe a couple of people downloading the file but it just comes up as more sources needed or remotley cued .... or whatever..... more please

NightStalker
05-17-2004, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by lancalot@17 May 2004 - 06:14
thanks for the assist so far 1 mirc?????? don't know what that is yet, 2... bit torrent sucks big time as far as i am concerned, tried it for about two weeks and every download took nearly 3 to 4 days and then some yuck........ 3... cable and no router, there usually seems to be maybe a couple of people downloading the file but it just comes up as more sources needed or remotley cued .... or whatever..... more please
More about mIRC (http://filesharingtalk.com/index.php?showtopic=69650) ;)

MUSLEMAN
05-17-2004, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by lancalot@17 May 2004 - 07:14
please do a test,search for van halen’s “right now” and wait untill you get 30 or more sources and then pick for download and tell me what you get make sure your traffic is paused or clean

lancalot
05-18-2004, 10:46 AM
will download a song in about 10 seconds will download other stuff as well, just seems to have a problem with some of the bigger games like max payne 2 for example thanks
:angry: :angry:

Filliz
05-18-2004, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by lancalot@18 May 2004 - 11:54
will download a song in about 10 seconds will download other stuff as well, just seems to have a problem with some of the bigger games like max payne 2 for example thanks
:angry: :angry: That just sucks doesn't it?
(they should remove this smiley from the board,it's far too aggresive :ph34r: )

Anyway,All i can say is that you should do a search for the same file again.
Keep searching and searching for more sources(in the searchfield,not traffic screen)...keep searching till no new sources are added anymore.
And it's not because the tenth search doesn't ad sources anymore,that the eleventh search won't ad new sources either(if you know what i mean).
For bigger files you should only start your download after the search can't find more sources for it.
This will/might help in getting your download start of sooner,instead of searching for more sources while it's allready in the trafficscreen.
And also jump supernodes yaddayaddayadda...if you find that it's going slow

Hope this helps a bit
B)

MUSLEMAN
05-18-2004, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by lancalot@18 May 2004 - 06:54
did that to show you that the files you are talking about have no sources

lancalot
05-19-2004, 10:35 AM
thanks people i think i'll just call it a work in progress and leave it at that....thanks again :( :P :ghostface: :ghostface:

MUSLEMAN
05-19-2004, 04:38 PM
np and good luck boss