PDA

View Full Version : Would Anyone Know Why Xp

Mïcrösöül°V³
05-18-2004, 03:46 AM
almost everytime i hit the start button!?!?! it keeps saying it, and i dont know why. any idea as to WTF? :huh:

tesco
05-18-2004, 03:50 AM
ya its a 'feature' microsoft decided to add to windows me, and kept in windows xp.

here is how to disable it:
right click taskbar>properties>start menu>customize>advanced>uncheck 'highlight newly installed programs'.

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
05-18-2004, 05:07 AM
:P Maybe you installed some new Programs. :P

delphin460
05-18-2004, 05:35 AM
maybe its spyware that is installing, do a spybot check mate

Samurai
05-18-2004, 06:14 AM
Originally posted by delphin460@18 May 2004 - 04:43
maybe its spyware that is installing, do a spybot check mate
:frusty: :frusty: :frusty: Yea in his program files eh?? Jesus you just made my day on that one :frusty: :frusty: :frusty:

Mïcrösöül°V³
05-18-2004, 09:53 PM
its just wierd cuz i havent installed anything new, it just randomly picks a program to highlight in yellow, and tell me new program installed, but i did what you said and disabled it in the properties. the thing is, it never did that before, it would say one time when a new prog was installed, not over and over and over etc. i just wondered if something is wrong in my comp.

tesco
05-18-2004, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by Mïcrösöül°V³@18 May 2004 - 17:01
its just wierd cuz i havent installed anything new, it just randomly picks a program to highlight in yellow, and tell me new program installed, but i did what you said and disabled it in the properties. the thing is, it never did that before, it would say one time when a new prog was installed, not over and over and over etc. i just wondered if something is wrong in my comp.
mine bugs me for like a week straight until it finally classify's the program as 'old' :unsure: