PDA

View Full Version : Bittorrent Uploadin Question!

sameer0807
05-19-2004, 09:42 AM
hey peeps,

just a quick question:
When downloading movies from bittorrent clinet it is recommended dat once da download is complete we should let it upload it for atleast 12 hrs. but my question is, if for some reasons u couldn't able to upload da movie for 12 hrs...and closed da torrent box...will i be still able to upload da movie.

I guess by clickin on da saved torent file again it displays da BT box again....and then it checks for da existing file and if da download was complete it will start to upload with others??? Am i right here??

let me know

Cyril
05-19-2004, 10:32 AM
Not sure I understand da question, but try it and see.

May get better answers posting your Bittorrent question in the Bittorrent forum.

Tikibonbon
05-19-2004, 02:09 PM
Once you close the box, you close the connection, so no more uploading. Actually it is recommended that you leave the upload open for at least long enough to upload the amount you download. Meaning if the file is 100k, after you have downloaded, you upload at least 100k. I have never read you should leave it open 12 hours, tho that would be a big help in making sure the file gets spread around.

Shiranai_Baka
05-19-2004, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by sameer0807@19 May 2004 - 09:50
hey peeps,

just a quick question:
When downloading movies from bittorrent clinet it is recommended dat once da download is complete we should let it upload it for atleast 12 hrs. but my question is, if for some reasons u couldn't able to upload da movie for 12 hrs...and closed da torrent box...will i be still able to upload da movie.

I guess by clickin on da saved torent file again it displays da BT box again....and then it checks for da existing file and if da download was complete it will start to upload with others??? Am i right here??

let me know
thats if you open the torrent file.