PDA

View Full Version : 7thelement = Darker

Illuminati
05-19-2004, 07:08 PM
Okay, I talked to rookie as said and with his blessing I've decided to come clean to the board.

A few of the old-timers will remember the fiasco of what happened after Jon went, then Darker appeared. The guy who was polite, started The Lounge radio station, etc. Then we went and 7thElement took over. In the past, there's been some rumours of Darker & 7thElement being the same. Well, they were both Marc. And yes, I knew about it when I was the Radio Station Manager.

The reason given to me was that a few people that knew him in real life were trying to make his life hell, and were the kind of people to provide personal RL information about him, etc to sabotage his businesses - and that he changed his identity to evade them.

As the Radio Station Manager (at the time) I was told about this information and sworn to secrecy myself in case Marc decided to pull the plug on the forum. Looking back, it may have been that he was bluffing but I sure as hell did not want to take that chance so I kept the secret, hell even did my part to keep it a secret at times. I'm pissed off/kicking myself over it after reading Rookie's confessions about 7th and I feel you guys had a right to know about this, if a little late. :(

I was not the only person on the Lounge who knew about this - There are at least 7-9 other people who knew and were in on keeping Marc's dual-identity a secret. However, I'm not the kind of arsehole to put them on the spot when I wish to be the one to confess - They can say that they knew here if they want.

In my next post below is the chat log from the first IM conversations with Marc about this (MSN doesn't keep records - But Trillian does :devil:). I'll post more onwards, but I believe it's not a good idea to post them all at once (as I'd be here for five hours then :P)

Coming clean on this is part of my apology to the community for being an dick when 7th was running the place. Like I said in the other topic, I'm sorry for everyone I pissed off on this issue.

Ill

Illuminati
05-19-2004, 07:19 PM
Note - I did not use the alias "Illuminati" as my alias. I actually used at the time "Feel free to listen to my NEW radio show, Illuminati Radio, Saturdays at The Lounge (www.the-lounge.us) http://filesharingtalk.com/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif", but I don't think seeing that god knows how many times would help :)

Originally posted by Conversation log with Darker@ my Trillian directory
Session Start ([email protected]:Darker Development): Sat Nov 29 22:32:14 2003
[22:32] Darker Development: morning mr radio :p
[22:32] Illuminati: Heh - The spectre surfaces :)
[22:32] Darker Development: well lets better call it night lol
[22:32] Darker Development: dont know why i said morning hehe
[22:33] Illuminati: Probably the first thing that came to your head :)
[22:33] Darker Development: maybe lol
[22:33] Illuminati: So how the hell you been doing?  I hadn't heard from you since the forum changes hands :S
[22:33] Darker Development: i am 7th element
[22:33] Darker Development: but thats a secret
[22:33] Darker Development: :)
[22:33] Illuminati: o_O
[22:33] Darker Development: it has reasons why i changed names
[22:33] Illuminati: Are you shitting me?
[22:33] Darker Development: and i dont want that anybody knows
[22:34] Illuminati: Okay, fine - I'll keep it secret
[22:34] Illuminati: Nice alibi though - Even I was convinced :D
[22:34] Darker Development: my brother will die soon and some people did know that i host the KL board
[22:34] Darker Development: so to make sure that they dont abuse this knowledgement about my brother and insult me i changed my nick to disappear
[22:34] Illuminati: Terminal illness?
[22:35] Darker Development: car crash
[22:35] Darker Development: he will make it more or less a week or so :(
[22:35] Illuminati: Oh god - I'm sorry for you :(
[22:35] Darker Development: so well before people that hate me talk about it i had to disappear
[22:35] Darker Development: cause i dont handle it that good and dont want that they start
[22:35] Illuminati: Does anyone else from the forum know about all this? 
[22:36] Darker Development: all mods
[22:36] Darker Development: and well vb / paul
[22:36] Illuminati: The mod room?
[22:36] Darker Development: yup all mods know it
[22:36] Darker Development: posted it to our team chat
[22:36] Illuminati: Did all this - and 7th element - affect VB's leave?
[22:36] Illuminati: Or was that a co-incidence?
[22:36] Darker Development: nope he wanted to leave cause he had not much time
[22:37] Illuminati: Ah
[22:37] Darker Development: so he asked me if i want to take over
[22:37] Darker Development: i said yes and used it to get rid of darker
[22:37] Illuminati: Opportunist, I see ;)
[22:37] Darker Development: well it did fit good in my plans to leave
[22:38] Illuminati: Well I can say right now, as long as no-one in the know slips, the secret will hold for a long while
[22:38] Illuminati: You didn't leave any strings to unravel
[22:39] Darker Development: well i think nobody will notice i changed the way i post etc and well
[22:39] Darker Development: since i switched servers it looks very real :)
[22:39] Darker Development: and thats good
[22:40] Illuminati: Yep - You pretty much have the forum conned hook, line and sinker
[22:41] Illuminati: Any chance I can offer a suggestion though, for the near future?
[22:41] Darker Development: depends on the idea :p
[22:41] Illuminati: Amongst the other things, do you really want to be managing the radio station next week with your brother in that condition?
[22:42] Illuminati: Ever thought about putting Lamsey in as a temporary admin for the station?
[22:42] Darker Development: we are already talking about additional admins
[22:42] Illuminati: Think about it - All many see if an admin getting used for the forum.  They won't argue about it
[22:42] Illuminati: And it lets you...I mean, 7th ;) slip away for a bit
[22:43] Darker Development: since everything will be managed on the board mods will have access to the event calendar anyway :)
[22:43] Illuminati: With Paul also being admin at the board, you can take a breather off the community and see to your brother for as long as needed
[22:44] Darker Development: he will be at home starting from tomorrow we will handle it all here to make sure that he stays here :)
[22:44] Darker Development: and to tell you the truth it does help a lot to kill time to do board stuff
[22:44] Illuminati: How bad a condition is he in?
[22:44] Darker Development: hard to say... nobody really knows but most people think that everything will end soon
[22:44] Darker Development: thats why we transfer him home
[22:45] Illuminati: Well like I said, it may be an idea to give Lamsey temporary admin access to the station. 
[22:46] Illuminati: In effect, he and myself are the only ones who've been doing the Lounge for a bit, bar Wizz
[22:46] Illuminati: And with the moderators - He can take full control of the situation :)
[22:47] Darker Development: well we will work this weeks on additional info etc to make sure people know what all is about
[22:47] Illuminati: Of course :)
[22:47] Darker Development: its just a bit work to merge it with the boards since nothing is online yet
[22:47] Illuminati: BTW nice touch with the skin ;) How long you been working on that then?
[22:47] Darker Development: not sure 1 h or so
[22:47] Darker Development: just did a general style and used stuff from other skins (images)
[22:48] Illuminati: Like the Cal skins?
[22:48] Darker Development: cali = images
[22:48] Darker Development: css = ib
[22:48] Darker Development: style = lounge creation
[22:48] Illuminati: Yep - Thought so
[22:48] Illuminati: I definitely have been hanging at Invision skin sites too long to recogise Cali images :S
[22:48] Darker Development: well IB sucks
[22:49] Darker Development: i will change board software soon i guess
[22:49] Darker Development: phpbb is simply better
[22:49] Illuminati: Oh god - Not again :/
[22:49] Darker Development: IB = max 500 users
[22:49] Darker Development: PHPBB = 2000 and more with same load
[22:49] Illuminati: I've been knee-deep in phpBB vs IPB debates thanks to trying to find a hack to integrate IPB with PHP-Nuke :/
[22:50] Darker Development: IB is good for small sites
[22:50] Darker Development: if you have 200 + users then you just invest and invest to the server
[22:50] Darker Development: right now P4 2,4 Ghz 1.5 GB ram
[22:50] Darker Development: and still slow here and there
[22:50] Darker Development: phpbb same config = over 2000 that we could handle
[22:50] Darker Development: without any lag
[22:51] Illuminati: Well...:S
[22:51] Darker Development: (Link: http://ian.go-gaia.com/forum/index.php]http://ian.go-gaia.com/forum/index.php (http://ian.go-gaia.com/forum/index.php)
[22:51] Illuminati: Only thing I can say is get a better skin on.  Or one that seems similar
[22:51] Darker Development: Who is Online - In total there are 3055 users online :: 2616 Registered, 111 Hidden and 328 Guests
[22:51] Darker Development: shared server !
[22:51] Illuminati: The default theme you find with phpBB is shat IMHO :/
[22:52] Darker Development: same for IB
[22:52] Darker Development: the default IB just sucks
[22:52] Illuminati: True
[22:52] Illuminati: Why didn't you change the default earlier then?
[22:52] Darker Development: well i changed it the 3rd day as admin or so
[22:52] Darker Development: so i thik thats fast enough
[22:52] Darker Development: :p
[22:52] Illuminati: True dat
[22:53] Illuminati: What about the other forum systems - vBulletin and Ikonboard?
[22:53] Illuminati: Just out of curiosity :)
[22:53] Darker Development: ikonboard is the worst lgger that exists
[22:53] Darker Development: VB = not allowed due their terms
[22:54] Darker Development: VB is not much better anyway
[22:54] Darker Development: PHPBB can handle more
[22:54] Illuminati: You mean like "not to be used on anything like filesharing, etc..."?
[22:54] Darker Development: yup
[22:54] Illuminati: Ah
[22:54] Darker Development: already asked them if i can buy
[22:55] Darker Development:
If your forums are 'associated' with I.P. violations then this would be against the license agreement. From your description, it does sound like that is the case. 

I think IPB has pretty much the same restriction as us. However I don't think that phpBB restricts use in this area.

All the best,
Steve Machol
Support Team, vBulletin

(Link: http://www.vbulletin.com/
)[url]http://www.vbulletin.com/
mailto:[email protected]
[22:56] Darker Development: even they suggest phpbb hehe
[22:56] Illuminati: IP violations?
[22:56] Darker Development: Internet Piracy
[22:56] Illuminati: Ah
[22:56] Illuminati: Well, I don't think there's much of a choice then?
[22:57] Illuminati: Got a rough time when you're planning the forum change?
[22:57] Darker Development: well not sure yet right now we can handle 500 - 700
[22:57] Darker Development: if it goes higher i will change
[22:57] Darker Development: pretty stable atm
[22:57] Illuminati: Okay
[22:58] Illuminati: I'll have a stab at phpBB myself, see what it's like
[22:58] Illuminati: Most phpBB forums stuck too much to the default theme - Which kinda explains my hatred of the phpBB interface :(
[22:58] Darker Development: well i think that phpbb default even looks better than IB default
[22:59] Illuminati: LOL
[22:59] Illuminati: Well, I guess its a matter of test in the end
[22:59] Illuminati: Though default-wise, I do prefer Invision ;)
[22:59] Darker Development: well for small boards yup
[22:59] Darker Development: cause more functions
[22:59] Illuminati: BTW - One question, concerning PHP (Chances are, you'd know more than anyone else I know).
[23:00] Illuminati: You ever tried PHP-Nuke or PostNuke?
[23:00] Darker Development: yup
[23:00] Darker Development: both
[23:00] Illuminati: What are your experiences with them both?
[23:00] Darker Development: good for small sites
[23:01] Illuminati: I managed to get some quality webspace while you were gone, so I tried PHP-Nuke.
[23:01] Darker Development: if you have more than 100 users online = you need a very powerfull dedicated server
[23:01] Illuminati: Got my problems with it, but I was looking at PostNuke as well. Wasn't sure which to go with
[23:01] Darker Development: phpnuke is the better one even if it is more closed
[23:01] Darker Development: FB knows simply more than all guys of postnuke together
[23:02] Illuminati: I have to admit - The PostNuke interface just seemed messy :/
[23:02] Darker Development: well PN is a bit better if it comes to load
[23:02] Darker Development: but in general phpnuke is better
[23:02] Darker Development: but if you plan to have a big site bette just code something yourself
[23:03] Darker Development: cause else you will pay for it :p
[23:03] Illuminati: Well currently all I'm looking for is a place for my operations on the Net :P
[23:03] Illuminati: I'll worry about coding my own when the load means I get kicked off AS Free Hosting and I have to pay for my own webspace ;)
[23:04] Darker Development: yup but it still sucks then if you have to change afterwards and lose all content
[23:04] Darker Development: its never early enough to start with some rock stable interface
[23:05] Darker Development: i wouls start with PHPBB and website integration
[23:05] Darker Development: thats the best that you can do
[23:06] Illuminati: Well, I've been having a look at some of the PHP-Nuke code; it was necessary for the IPB-Nuke integration hack
[23:06] Darker Development: the integrations are very buggy
[23:06] Darker Development: be careful with that
[23:06] Illuminati: I could write my own interface, but that would take some time learning PHP inside out and a lot more coding the bloody thing :/
[23:06] Illuminati: Yep
[23:07] Darker Development: plus currently you can hack every site that uses this integration
[23:07] Illuminati: Have you seen the Integration Hack topic at the IPB forums?
[23:07] Darker Development: cause there are 2 dangerous security bigs
[23:07] Darker Development: bugs*
[23:07] Illuminati: You on about exploiting the join between the two?
[23:08] Illuminati: Truth be told, out of 22 pages only four pages can fit all of the useful code and posts - The rest are either impatient forum newbie admins pissed because they deleted one too many characters, or conflicting versions of the code
[23:09] Illuminati: I gave up on it - Gonna have to be re-doing the PHP-Nuke install :(
[23:09] Illuminati: I deleted the forums module in place of putting in IPB
[23:09] Darker Development: well you will hate it hehe
[23:10] Darker Development: both IB and PHPBB suck badly
[23:10] Darker Development: its just too much different code to work with phpnuke
[23:11] Illuminati: Already hating it - Two days effort on that bleeding code and it's gonna be a half-ass job, let alone a potential security nightmare
[23:11] Illuminati: Time to clear out the webspace once again and re-install Nuke
[23:14] Illuminati: Or not :D Forgot the modules directory is dynamic :)
[23:14] Illuminati: BTW, if you know - what should the CHMODs be on PHP-Nuke?
[23:14] Illuminati: First time I tried to install it, a few language permission errors cocked the whole thing up
[23:15] Illuminati: Second time, I just set ALL the Nuke folders and sub-folders to 777 and the files to 666
[23:15] Darker Development: well i would just not use it at all hehe its just too complex :p
[23:15] Darker Development: not really needed all that trash
[23:16] Illuminati: Alright - I was just wondering whether you knew :S
[23:16] Darker Development: I worked with FB a lon time so yup i am fully aware about all the problems hehe
[23:16] Illuminati: FB>
[23:16] Illuminati: *FB?
[23:16] Darker Development: the maker of phpnuke
[23:17] Darker Development: Francesco Burzi
[23:17] Illuminati: Ah - Francesco Burzi
[23:17] Illuminati: You worked with him? o_O
[23:17] Darker Development: yup on a few projects
[23:17] Darker Development: long time ago hehe
[23:17] Illuminati: What was he like back then?
[23:18] Illuminati: Forums I read talk about him as having outbursts and treating the team like shat
[23:18] Darker Development: same like now but he is a very cool person
[23:18] Illuminati: Though most sources were linked to PostNuke <_<
[23:18] Darker Development: he has no team
[23:18] Darker Development: he does everything alone
[23:18] Darker Development: he cant work well with people
[23:18] Illuminati: Personality thing?
[23:18] Darker Development: i guess thats why i could work well with him cause i work alone too
[23:18] Darker Development: nah its just that he knows what he does and wants
[23:19] Darker Development: and if he wants something then it must work his way
[23:19] Darker Development: most people dont like that
[23:19] Illuminati: I know that feeling myself
[23:19] Illuminati: It kinda feels that if you do accept help from outside, it doesn&#39;t seem your creation any more :S
[23:19] Darker Development: yup
[23:20] Darker Development: well another thing is that he likes to decide things
[23:20] Darker Development: which is a ood thing
[23:20] Darker Development: but well users dont like that much :p
[23:20] Illuminati: That, and you can get some arseholes wanting to work with you :/
[23:20] Darker Development: i will feel the same soon at the kl board lol
[23:20] Darker Development: the next step will be a drastic step - many wont like it :)
[23:20] Illuminati: Care to elaborate? :S
[23:21] Illuminati: Or are you talking about the IPB-phpBB move?
[23:21] Darker Development: well first step will be to make posts worth less
[23:21] Darker Development: aka counting in all forums
[23:21] Darker Development: also lounge
[23:21] Darker Development: to make sure that people dont spam other forums to get posts
[23:21] Illuminati: Not sure about that, Darker
[23:21] Illuminati: I&#39;d personally prefer to have post counts banned outright
[23:21] Darker Development: its better if they stay in their forum (lounge) instead to spam other areas just to get posts
[23:21] Darker Development: that would cause even more problems
[23:22] Darker Development: then people will just be mad
[23:22] Darker Development: they will come up with reasons like:
[23:22] Darker Development: i want to see who i talk to
[23:22] Darker Development: and how many posts this person did etc
[23:22] Darker Development: its better to make them worth less than they are now
[23:23] Illuminati: You&#39;re gonna get problems anyway, including: "This will encourage spammers", etc
[23:23] Illuminati: Though you probably already thought it&#39;s a case of which problems you want :)
[23:23] Darker Development: i dont care - i can live with my reasons
[23:24] Illuminati: Well, it&#39;s a case of a member arguing with an admin - So I&#39;m not gonna go on ;)
[23:24] Darker Development: hehe well its not really worth it anyway... :p
[23:25] Darker Development: i run communities since umm since the net exists so i guess i have a little background :p
[23:25] Darker Development: there is nothing that i didnt try yet i guess lol
[23:25] Illuminati: Heh - Don&#39;t tell the others that
[23:26] Illuminati: You&#39;re bound to get 13-year-olds screaming "then why the f**k didn&#39;t you make your own forum system then?&#33;?&#33;" ;)
[23:26] Illuminati: Wait a sec - You were running communities on ARPANET? :o
[23:26] Darker Development: cause there are already good ones out :)
[23:26] Illuminati: Heh, sorry - Had to say the humour ;)
[23:26] Darker Development: as long as phpbb exists there is no need for an own board :)
[23:29] Darker Development: well time to sleep soon :p just wanted to tell you about the darker thing to make sure that you trust the new admin :p
[23:29] Illuminati: I do
[23:29] Illuminati: The question is - Does the new admin trust me? ;)
[23:29] Darker Development: and please keep it to yourself - dont tell anybody (not even your best friend) :)
[23:30] Illuminati: Relax - Any discussions I may have will be with the mods
[23:30] Darker Development: i would not even talk with them for the case that they wnder why you know :p
[23:30] Darker Development: else they might think that it is ok to tell trusted people :p
[23:30] Illuminati: AFAIK, I&#39;m not sure why you told even me - I mean, I&#39;m not exactly one of the mod circle :S
[23:31] Illuminati: Okay - I&#39;ll keep my knowledge away from even the mods
[23:31] Darker Development: but you run a show since the start
[23:31] Illuminati: Ah - Okay :)
[23:31] Darker Development: so its a riht to know about changes :p
[23:31] Illuminati: Before you do other radio admin though, a tip
[23:31] Illuminati: Register another MSN contact under the name &#39;7thElement&#39;
[23:32] Darker Development: yup i will do that
[23:32] Illuminati: So if you need to, you can talk for the radio
[23:32] Illuminati: You don&#39;t want to trip up now, do you? ;)
[23:32] Darker Development: nah that doesnt happen this nick is unknown
[23:32] Darker Development: 2 people on this list
[23:32] Darker Development: so i dont have to care much about that
[23:32] Illuminati: Who&#39;s the other? o_O
[23:33] Darker Development: no idea added him for 3 mins for a smalltalk
[23:33] Darker Development: and thats it lol
[23:33] Illuminati: Ah :)
[23:33] Illuminati: Do you use another IM as your main IM chatting then?
[23:34] Darker Development: nah i dont use im much its pretty annoying
[23:34] Darker Development: i had it once but umm killed my nerves lol
[23:34] Illuminati: Well some truth in that :S
[23:34] Darker Development: oh btw what was your time slot afain ? sat 9 - 11 right ?
[23:34] Illuminati: Saturday, 9-11pm
[23:34] Illuminati: 7th already knows ;)
[23:34] Darker Development: k ill add that now
[23:35] Illuminati: thx
[23:35] Illuminati: Just let me know the server settings via PM before next week
[23:35] Illuminati: I had to uninstall SAM2 - I&#39;m gonna reinstall for it to use a MySQL database on my hosting :)
[23:38] *** "Darker Development" signed off at Sat Nov 29 23:38:27 2003.
[23:38] *** "Darker Development" signed on at Sat Nov 29 23:38:32 2003.
[23:38] Illuminati: Christ - I thought you was leaving :S
[23:38] Darker Development: nah router reboot

[23:39] Darker Development: k event is added
[23:39] Darker Development: shows up starting from sat 6th dec every week
[23:39] Illuminati: Thx :)
Session Close (Darker Development): Sat Nov 29 23:39:40 2003

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
05-19-2004, 07:29 PM
http://members.shaw.ca/dasky/wenpigsfly/eat.gif

Ohhh it just gets better and better.This is why hardly nobody ever leaves this Place.

*FC waits for what is next.*

:D

DanB
05-19-2004, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by FuNkY CaPrIcOrN@19 May 2004 - 20:37

Ohhh it just gets better and better.This is why hardly nobody ever leaves this Place.

*FC waits for what is next.*

:D
You know thats the truth :lol: :lol: :lol:

chalice
05-19-2004, 07:31 PM
Never mind that&#33;&#33;

Is Darker&#39;s brother ok?

:lol:

atiVidia
05-19-2004, 07:32 PM
lol this explains whats going on here. i bet you anything Error403 is prolly 7th on crack ;)

DanB
05-19-2004, 07:33 PM
Did the wedding go okay? :unsure:

mooseman2070
05-19-2004, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by atiVidia@19 May 2004 - 15:40
lol this explains whats going on here. i bet you anything Error403 is prolly 7th on crack ;)
no, im also 7th :devil:

really missed a lot of drama when i was gone :lol:

thewizeard
05-19-2004, 07:45 PM
Well....as long as NikkiD is not Mary Whitehouse... :)

Rat Faced
05-19-2004, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by nigel123@19 May 2004 - 19:53
Well....as long as NikkiD is not Mary Whitehouse... :)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

hungrylilboy
05-19-2004, 07:50 PM
shit this is better than friends&#33; when episode 2?

Illuminati
05-19-2004, 08:01 PM
ROFL at the responses http://members.shaw.ca/wenpigsfly/smileys/laughing1.gif

I&#39;m amazed that one cock-up I made between the posts hasn&#39;t been highlighted yet (well, namzuf has highlighted it to me privately ;))

Glad I could bring some (well-needed) comedy to the board, although it wasn&#39;t intended as such http://members.shaw.ca/wenpigsfly/smileys/wha.gif I&#39;ll post another of the logs in a bit - I&#39;m only posting the relevant ones to show what was going on with 7th behind the scenes.

J'Pol
05-19-2004, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by Illuminati@19 May 2004 - 21:09
ROFL at the responses http://members.shaw.ca/wenpigsfly/smileys/laughing1.gif

I&#39;m amazed that one cock-up I made between the posts hasn&#39;t been highlighted yet (well, namzuf has highlighted it to me privately ;))

Glad I could bring some (well-needed) comedy to the board, although it wasn&#39;t intended as such http://members.shaw.ca/wenpigsfly/smileys/wha.gif I&#39;ll post another of the logs in a bit - I&#39;m only posting the relevant ones to show what was going on with 7th behind the scenes.
It&#39;s nice to know you were laughing at people behind their backs, thanks for letting us all know.

How can you be sure that rookie isn&#39;t 7th as well. Have you been having wee cozy chats with Brian too.

Illuminati
05-19-2004, 08:06 PM
Next log - 7th&#39;s "appreciation" of the K-Lite Hall of Fame inductee, internet.news:

Originally posted by Conversation log with Darker @ my Trillian directory
Session Start ([email protected]:Darker Development): Sat Nov 29 23:47:49 2003
[23:47] Darker Development: i really dislike internet.news lol
[23:47] Darker Development: he steals where he can lol
[23:47] Illuminati Radio: Join the club
[23:48] Darker Development: some picture here some header there
[23:48] Illuminati Radio: I take it you read that topic where he tried to playback my show?
[23:48] Darker Development: nope not really lol
[23:48] Illuminati Radio: I actually told him...I count, 3-4 times before
[23:48] Darker Development: i just noticed that this guy has no own ideas
[23:49] Illuminati Radio: Well, AFAIK 7th did - He did post, what was it - "internet.news, you really are an odd person :)" :D
[23:49] Illuminati Radio: Just?&#33;? o_O
[23:49] Darker Development: oh yes lol
[23:49] Darker Development: but that was in the wront topic hehe
[23:49] Darker Development: was for the "what do you think about my posts" shit
[23:49] Illuminati Radio: Question - Is there any way a script can be done to stop these remote recordings (esp net.news&#39;s), or am I just being loco?
[23:50] Darker Development: you cant stop that
[23:50] Darker Development: the stream rippers serve as normal client
[23:50] Darker Development: so there is no way
[23:50] Illuminati Radio: Damn it :(
[23:51] Illuminati Radio: Well can&#39;t we just block net.news from connecting to the radio server and blame it on a server fault? ;)
[23:51] Darker Development: lol
[23:51] Illuminati Radio: or a program/client error, your choice :D
[23:51] Illuminati Radio: I won&#39;t tell if you won&#39;t ;)
[23:51] Darker Development: lol
[23:52] Darker Development: well i really dislike him
[23:52] Darker Development: he is umm
[23:52] Darker Development: different
[23:52] Illuminati Radio: Loco?
[23:52] Illuminati Radio: Wacko?
[23:52] Darker Development: but in a bad way
[23:52] Illuminati Radio: Fecking nuts?
[23:52] Darker Development: inet ass
[23:52] Darker Development: news*
[23:52] Darker Development: lol
[23:52] Illuminati Radio: Dangerous to himself?
[23:52] Illuminati Radio: Off the fecking train?
[23:52] Illuminati Radio: All of the above?
[23:52] Darker Development: who knows.. lol
[23:54] Illuminati Radio: Still - I won&#39;t mind if you happened to "accidently" block him.
I think Lamsey would probably ask for more to be done, and Wizz is unlikely to say anything like "being unfair to listeners" for net.news ;)
[23:55] Illuminati Radio: To be truthful, his enthusiasm for my show is kinda edging on stalking
[23:55] Darker Development: well i hope he will have some "nice dreams" for a long period
[23:55] Darker Development: would not harm much :p
[23:55] Illuminati Radio: Nice Dreams = Sedation? ;) :D
[23:56] Darker Development: nah like a 10 year trip to japan
[23:56] Darker Development: or to some jungle
[23:56] Darker Development: whatever
[23:57] Illuminati Radio: One sec
[00:01] *** "Darker Development" signed off at Sun Nov 30 00:01:58 2003.
Session Close (Darker Development): Sun Nov 30 00:04:45 2003

rookiecrd1
05-19-2004, 08:12 PM
lol if there is a way for me to prove I&#39;m not 7th, let me know.

I know 7th was not a US citizen, I am :-)

Illuminati
05-19-2004, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by J&#39;Pol@19 May 2004 - 21:13
It&#39;s nice to know you were laughing at people behind their backs, thanks for letting us all know.

How can you be sure that rookie isn&#39;t 7th as well. Have you been having wee cozy chats with Brian too.
If you mean me laughing at the responses in this topic, I actually did mean for this to become a serious thread where I openly admitted what was discussed in the past - However, with some of the posts here you can&#39;t help but at least snicker ;)

If you mean me laughing behind other people&#39;s backs in these logs, the only person we laughed at behind their back was internet.news (as shown in the log above) - And that was because he was a pain and a half during the time of the radio station.

But you&#39;re right - Rookie could be 7th. However, if rookie & 7th are the same then either he would have told me not to post them or does not truly care. I do however believe that Rookie is a different person, as TBH Brian had the genuine attitude of a pissed-off guy (his words were "I don&#39;t see why you shouldn&#39;t post it publicly" when I told him it)

If you want to judge me on what I said during these logs, go right ahead - I&#39;m not saying I don&#39;t deserve it because quite frankly I do. But if I am chased off the board eventually, I&#39;d rather the full story was told before that happened.

And as for getting cosy with Brian, I don&#39;t plan for that to happen - I rarely use MSN myself nowadays :wacko:

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
05-19-2004, 08:16 PM

J'Pol
05-19-2004, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by rookiecrd1@19 May 2004 - 21:20
lol if there is a way for me to prove I&#39;m not 7th, let me know.

I know 7th was not a US citizen, I am :-)
Easy, show me a copy of your green card, I believe Mr Wellner (if that&#39;s correct) was resident in Switzerland. I should have the address somewhere. :lol:

I was of course having a larf as you have obviously worked out. I assume however that Illuminati will come back with his normal, got to be serious try to use long words, just miss, type of post.

Illuminati
05-19-2004, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by J&#39;Pol@19 May 2004 - 21:27
I was of course having a larf as you have obviously worked out. I assume however that Illuminati will come back with his normal, got to be serious try to use long words, just miss, type of post.
D&#39;oh http://members.shaw.ca/wenpigsfly/smileys/frusty.gif

Okay, I&#39;ll admit I&#39;ve been drinking a bit so I&#39;m a little slow tonight :wacko:

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
05-19-2004, 08:23 PM
http://members.shaw.ca/dasky/wenpigsfly/lolipop.gif

Filliz
05-19-2004, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by FuNkY CaPrIcOrN@19 May 2004 - 21:24
http://members.shaw.ca/wenpigsfly/smileys/jerry.gif

Mind if i sit next to you? :D
I&#39;ll buy you a beer http://members.shaw.ca/wenpigsfly/smileys/drunk.gif

http://members.shaw.ca/wenpigsfly/smileys/eat.gif http://members.shaw.ca/wenpigsfly/smileys/snack.gif

Cheese
05-19-2004, 08:25 PM
How do we know you just haven&#39;t fabricated these Convo logs? Am I the only person who finds it a little tricky to trust someone called Illuminati in revealing conspiracy theories? :blink:

I&#39;m just waiting for Lamsey to be revealed as have been NikkiD all this time, now that would be interesting...specially for Jonno... :ph34r:

J'Pol
05-19-2004, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by Illuminati+19 May 2004 - 21:30--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Illuminati @ 19 May 2004 - 21:30)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-J&#39;Pol@19 May 2004 - 21:27
D&#39;oh http://members.shaw.ca/wenpigsfly/smileys/frusty.gif

Okay, I&#39;ll admit I&#39;ve been drinking a bit so I&#39;m a little slow tonight :wacko: [/b][/quote]
Just pulling your plonker.

I assume that Edward and Brian are decent spuds.

Totally different from our alleged friend in Geneva.

Mathea
Originally posted by Withcheese@19 May 2004 - 20:33
How do we know you just haven&#39;t fabricated these Convo logs? Am I the only person who finds it a little tricky to trust someone called Illuminati in revealing conspiracy theories? :blink:

I&#39;m just waiting for Lamsey to be revealed as have been NikkiD all this time, now that would be interesting...specially for Jonno... :ph34r:
u missed that thread? we&#39;ve known it for weeks. musta been deleted

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
I remember somebody saying that Linda might be a man.http://members.shaw.ca/dasky/wenpigsfly/bawl.gif

Cheese
05-19-2004, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by FuNkY CaPrIcOrN@19 May 2004 - 19:34
I remember somebiody saying that Linda might be a man.http://members.shaw.ca/dasky/wenpigsfly/bawl.gif
Linda&#39;s a woman... B)

J'Pol
05-19-2004, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by FuNkY CaPrIcOrN@19 May 2004 - 21:34
I remember somebody saying that Linda might be a man.http://members.shaw.ca/dasky/wenpigsfly/bawl.gif
Only for you, because she thought you were Martha :blink:

Illuminati
05-19-2004, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by Withcheese@19 May 2004 - 21:33
:lol: Good point - Never noticed :D

J'Pol
05-19-2004, 08:34 PM
I&#39;m more interested in the fact that Brian would appear to be an internationally renowned Philatelist

Resurrection
05-19-2004, 08:40 PM
Who was (at the time) the unknown quantity, the troll, and the silly motherfucker who said this and got nothing but shit for it?

http://www.filesharingtalk.com/uploads/av-20637.gif

That&#39;s right.

J'Pol
05-19-2004, 08:43 PM
Sometimes it&#39;s not what you say, it&#39;s how you say it.

Anyone know how much a decent ocean view property in New Joisey would cost me.

Illuminati
05-19-2004, 10:05 PM
Next post - Darker asks me about taking the role of Station Manager off him. This log shows a number of things, which shows why I was hesitant for DJs to fully explore SAM2&#39;s features (the old DJs will know what I mean), and Marc&#39;s "death" of Darker (all logs were done on 7th&#39;s new MSN address, which is shown at the end but I believe is shut now)

Originally posted by Conversation log with Darker @ my Trillian directory
Session Start ([email protected]:Darker Development): Tue Dec 02 20:22:05 2003
[20:22] Darker Development: hiya Mr Radio
[20:22] Illuminati Radio: Hey :)
[20:22] Darker Development: question
[20:22] Illuminati Radio: And will you stop calling me Mr Radio? :P
[20:22] Illuminati Radio: Answer - Next ;)
[20:22] Darker Development: are you interested to do more on the KLB radio than just to stream ?
[20:22] Darker Development: like managing new signups etc etc
[20:22] Illuminati Radio: Could you elaborate?
[20:22] Illuminati Radio: Ah
[20:22] Illuminati Radio: Depends on what is involved, but I can
[20:22] Darker Development: event management / approvals etc
[20:23] Illuminati Radio: *am interested
[20:23] Illuminati Radio: You mean overwatch shows?
[20:23] Darker Development: Well it would include:
[20:23] Darker Development: -general info about the radio idea
[20:23] Darker Development: - approve / decline signups
[20:23] Darker Development: offering help if people have a Q
[20:23] Darker Development: something like that :)
[20:23] Illuminati Radio: Course
[20:24] Illuminati Radio: I already do some of those (e.g. offering support)
[20:24] Darker Development: yup thats why i was thinking about you :)
[20:24] Darker Development: you know how the stuff works etc and what we allow and what not
[20:24] Illuminati Radio: Yep
[20:24] Darker Development: so maybe you would be a great resource for it
[20:24] Illuminati Radio: ALLOW - Anything not called internet.news
REJECT - internet.news ;)
[20:25] Illuminati Radio: j/k, but I get your point :)
[20:25] Darker Development: lol
[20:25] Illuminati Radio: What do you need me for?
[20:25] Darker Development: inews just sucks
[20:25] Darker Development: well the general idea is to have less things to care about
[20:25] Darker Development: now with all the admin stuff the time gets more and more limited
[20:25] Illuminati Radio: You want me to take an admin post?
[20:26] Darker Development: well something like station manager yup :p
[20:26] Darker Development: the one that decides if a show is approved or not :p
[20:26] Illuminati Radio: Okay :)
[20:26] Illuminati Radio: But I have two requests before I accept the job :)
[20:26] Darker Development: shoot
[20:27] Illuminati Radio: 1) Access to the test server, at least for the next week or so - I now use a remote database for MySQL on SAM and I want to try some of the web features it can do, but I don&#39;t want to clog the main server
[20:28] Darker Development: i would be very very careful with SAM and its features i already got an email from them asking what versions we use
[20:28] Illuminati Radio: If I was being honest, I had two dodgy emails myself
[20:28] Darker Development: i would suggest to make an own request list cause they are aware of the activities here
[20:28] Illuminati Radio: They were asking whether I could send them the loader
[20:28] Illuminati Radio: Which I no longer use
[20:29] Darker Development: well i would say that we can code some script to get requests up
[20:29] Darker Development: i can do that in 5 mins
[20:29] Illuminati Radio: I don&#39;t have the PHP knowledge to make a request system - Know anyone who can?
[20:29] Illuminati Radio: Okay
[20:29] Darker Development: and merge it with the forums
[20:29] Illuminati Radio: And the other request...
[20:29] Illuminati Radio: 2) Moved to another user group on the forum, but still a member - The reason is it might be an idea to give me control to the calender, but you can&#39;t give the member group the control, and I don&#39;t think the mods would want me with them just for the radio, so somewhere in between might be better :)
[20:30] Illuminati Radio: e.g. &#39;Radio Admin&#39;
[20:30] Darker Development: yup i had this idea too
[20:30] Darker Development: "Station Manager"
[20:30] Illuminati Radio: Okay - If you want :)
[20:30] Darker Development: only additional rights are calendar posts :)
[20:30] Darker Development: but still people see it is official
[20:31] Illuminati Radio: Aw - Can&#39;t I sneak a peek at the team chat (e.g. read-only access)? ;)
[20:31] Illuminati Radio: LOL - j/k
[20:31] Darker Development: hehe nope that would not work well :P hehe
[20:31] Illuminati Radio: Well, there is one other request...
[20:31] Darker Development: you only get admin rights on the server
[20:31] Darker Development: for example to kick a host
[20:32] Darker Development: if content is bad
[20:32] Illuminati Radio: There will be some jobs that others in a better position would be better suited for doing - Can I ask that Lamsey be offered some kind of second job, e.g. Head DJ?
[20:32] Illuminati Radio: It&#39;s just a precaution
[20:33] Darker Development: well before i do anything i will start a post in the team chat to make sure it is accepted
[20:33] Illuminati Radio: Okay - But please keep that in mind :)
[20:33] Darker Development: and about lamsey: i will make it that 2 people have access to all the management for the radio
[20:33] Illuminati Radio: Either way, I accept the admin post whenever you want to hand it me :)
[20:33] Darker Development: just in case somebody is not here etc
[20:33] Illuminati Radio: Exactly my point :)
[20:34] Illuminati Radio: Let me know when you want to make it official :)
[20:34] Illuminati Radio: BTW - In case I have to PM you...
[20:34] Illuminati Radio: Do you prefer Darker or 7th? ;)
[20:34] Darker Development: you will know it once the topic was discussed in team chat :)
[20:34] Darker Development: always 7th
[20:35] Darker Development: ill create a new msn nick now one sec
[20:35] Illuminati Radio: Okay - I wasn&#39;t sure.&nbsp; I know, public its 7th.&nbsp; Just didn&#39;t know which you did when it was private :)
[20:35] Darker Development: always 7th - darker is gone
[20:35] Darker Development: all his sites will be gone too :)
[20:35] Darker Development: all new things = 7th
[20:36] Darker Development: brb after registratuon
[20:36] Darker Development: registration*
[20:36] *** "Darker Development" signed off at Tue Dec 02 20:36:07 2003.
Session Close (Darker Development): Tue Dec 02 20:36:19 2003

Session Start ([email protected]:Darker Development): Tue Dec 02 20:40:43 2003
[20:40] Darker Development: [email protected]
[20:40] *** "Darker Development" signed off at Tue Dec 02 20:40:47 2003.
Session Close (Darker Development): Tue Dec 02 21:10:33 2003

zapjb
05-19-2004, 10:11 PM
F :angry: ck&#33;

rookiecrd1
05-19-2004, 10:35 PM

I&#39;m about 1 mile from the Ocean in South NJ. :-)

sharedholder
05-19-2004, 10:43 PM
Still something to CLEAR : ERROR / PAUL . ;)

J'Pol
05-19-2004, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by rookiecrd1@19 May 2004 - 23:43

I&#39;m about 1 mile from the Ocean in South NJ. :-)
No shit, you&#39;ll be telling me it&#39;s Bay Ave, Somers Point Next.

Illuminati
05-19-2004, 11:18 PM
The next log is the last one for the night, and was the first one on 7th&#39;s MSN account. Dunno how the hell we managed to talk about so much, but a lot of things were talked about this time - How we made Darker & 7th seem different, a further elaboration on why he changed to 7th, what was his plan of letting the community find out about 7th, the duties of the mods, planned enhancements of the now-defunct KLB Radio station, why members do not have the ability to post polls, EarthStation 5&#39;s way of doing things, a test of the Smilie Generator, articles hinting at this at Illuminati Development, and why the post counts were removed.

Although I&#39;ve made a note to not edit anything in these logs, I have made an exception in this case - I did indeed give two passwords to 7th at the time, and there&#39;s no chance in hell I&#39;m giving them to you guys http://filesharingtalk.com/html/emoticons/tongue.gif

Originally posted by Conversation log with 7th @ my Trillian directory
Session Start ([email protected]:7thElement): Tue Dec 02 21:11:24 2003
[21:11] Illuminati Radio: Damn - I&#39;m gonna miss Darker :(
[21:11] Illuminati Radio: At least, the name :)
[21:11] 7thElement: hehe
[21:11] 7thElement: well sometimes you have no choice :)
[21:12] Illuminati Radio: You got a plan of what time you&#39;re gonna tell the community, or are you even planning to tell them in the first place?
[21:12] 7thElement: nope i wont tell anything
[21:12] 7thElement: i have strong reasons to go this way so the best thing is to forget darker
[21:13] Illuminati Radio: While I can see why, truth be told it&#39;s a bit shade on some of the more mature members
[21:13] Illuminati Radio: *shade = north English version of semi-cruel
[21:13] 7thElement: well it is not only better for me but also for the community
[21:13] 7thElement: cause if something happens then i would have to stop hosting the board
[21:13] 7thElement: and that would be bad for the community
[21:14] Illuminati Radio: You mean if anyone planned to use your brother&#39;s condition against you?
[21:14] 7thElement: well the problem is that there are around 5 - 5 people that know about my brother - people that hate me cause i have anything and they dont
[21:15] 7thElement: they did tell me that they will cause many troubles to sites that i run just to make me feel bad
[21:15] Illuminati Radio: People you know in RL?
[21:15] 7thElement: aka using private stuff to make me feel bad
[21:15] 7thElement: yup RL people
[21:15] Illuminati Radio: Family/Friends?
[21:15] 7thElement: so i had to stop all activities of Darker
[21:15] 7thElement: nah that are people that hate me cause i am successful
[21:15] 7thElement: company etc
[21:16] 7thElement: they just look for reasons to make me feel bad
[21:16] 7thElement: the thing with my brother would be such a thing
[21:16] 7thElement: like posting private details to the board etc
[21:16] Illuminati Radio: Okay - I can see all of that
[21:16] 7thElement: just to remind me whats up with my brother
[21:16] 7thElement: so thats why i disappeared
[21:16] 7thElement: cause you can be sure that f they would start i would go mad
[21:16] 7thElement: and that would be bad if an admin goes mad
[21:17] Illuminati Radio: The only thing I&#39;m worried about is that sooner or later, this whole "secret" might come out
[21:17] Illuminati Radio: If that happens, I fear that it might destroy the board in that way as well
[21:17] 7thElement: nope that wont happen
[21:17] 7thElement: people know that i am gone
[21:17] 7thElement: nobody will ask
[21:17] Illuminati Radio: I&#39;ve done the same vow that the mods have done, but someone might find out.&nbsp;
[21:18] Illuminati Radio: Have they been on the board yet?
[21:18] 7thElement: nope
[21:18] 7thElement: but they know that i hosted a kayaa related board
[21:18] Illuminati Radio: Kazaa ;)
[21:18] 7thElement: so if they search for "Darker" they might find it
[21:18] 7thElement: thats why i am not longer the host as darker
[21:18] 7thElement: so they have no reason to do anything
[21:19] Illuminati Radio: You could always create a spoof board as "Darker" - A few manipulations of the SQL could make it look legit
[21:19] Illuminati Radio: Let them come, let them get angry then shut it down to fool them
[21:19] Illuminati Radio: It&#39;s an idea
[21:19] 7thElement: well nothing will happen now
[21:20] 7thElement: darkers nick does not longer exist on the board
[21:20] 7thElement: and he said that he is gone
[21:20] Illuminati Radio: They could question that
[21:20] 7thElement: nah they dont
[21:20] Illuminati Radio: Many have said they aren&#39;t coming back and they do
[21:20] 7thElement: i know them for years
[21:20] 7thElement: they know that if i say something then it is what i said
[21:20] Illuminati Radio: They may see that 7th is somehow trying to get rid of Darker
[21:20] 7thElement: well i dont
[21:21] 7thElement: i did even tell that he did help me :)
[21:21] 7thElement: i dont try to get rid of him i even support him and continue with his projects :)
[21:21] 7thElement: i dont think they would do something anyway i just wanted to make him disappear to feel more safe
[21:22] 7thElement: but even if they come they cant prove anything that i am him
[21:22] 7thElement: i have another house now, other city other isp etc
[21:22] Illuminati Radio: Good point
[21:22] 7thElement: i talk different without hehe
[21:22] 7thElement: etc
[21:22] 7thElement: 7th doesnt post like darker at all
[21:22] 7thElement: he has his own style :)
[21:22] Illuminati Radio: Sounds as if you&#39;re on the Witness Protection :S
[21:22] 7thElement: hehe
[21:23] Illuminati Radio: So what exactly happened to make them have this vendetta?
[21:23] Illuminati Radio: I know they hate your success, but most things have a catalyst
[21:23] Illuminati Radio: Bar prejudice - And even then events kick off ;)
[21:23] 7thElement: well you know some people are just mad if you reach anything and they dont
[21:24] 7thElement: some did try to run a company and failed
[21:24] 7thElement: some did try to start internet stuff and it faild
[21:24] 7thElement: so its more or less a "why can you do it and we cant"
[21:24] 7thElement: my company is worth 40 million euro which is a lot
[21:24] 7thElement: so well.. they hate that fact :)
[21:24] Illuminati Radio: Got any spaces free in it? :D
[21:24] 7thElement: not really we have 180 people and thats already too much :p
[21:24] Illuminati Radio: Hehe - j/k
[21:25] Illuminati Radio: Can&#39;t blame a guy for trying to get 40mill...I mean, a job ;)
[21:25] 7thElement: hehe
[21:25] 7thElement: well i worked hard - they didnt
[21:25] 7thElement: they are like internet.news
[21:25] 7thElement: started everything that i started
[21:25] 7thElement: but well it failed
[21:26] Illuminati Radio: Lemme guess - Casualties of the dot.com bubble?
[21:26] 7thElement: i guess so lol
[21:26] 7thElement: the problem is that people dont think about what they do
[21:26] 7thElement: they think a host is a host
[21:26] 7thElement: they think a site is a site
[21:26] 7thElement: but its more than that
[21:27] Illuminati Radio: True - Too many people see a lot of things as objects or statistics
[21:28] Illuminati Radio: Though with 40 million euros in the bank, I&#39;m surprised you don&#39;t just sue them for harassment as a deterrent ;)
[21:28] Illuminati Radio: I mean, you don&#39;t necessary need Johnny Cochrane... ;)
[21:28] 7thElement: this is not the usa :p
[21:28] Illuminati Radio: True :)
[21:29] 7thElement: plus private stuff is not worth to fight :p
[21:29] 7thElement: makes me more sad than money can pay
[21:29] Illuminati Radio: Okay - I&#39;ll get off the subject.&nbsp;
[21:29] Illuminati Radio: How is your brother?
[21:29] 7thElement: soon here at home we will transfer him here
[21:30] 7thElement: sometimes that does help more than letting people in a hospital
[21:30] Illuminati Radio: I hope he gets better, even though the chances may be low :S
[21:31] Illuminati Radio: So do the team know about the radio plans then?
[21:31] 7thElement: yup already posted it
[21:32] Illuminati Radio: Any responses?
[21:32] 7thElement: that takes time :p not all mods are online right now
[21:32] Illuminati Radio: I know - Just wondering
[21:32] 7thElement: 3 are on 1 did already vote
[21:32] Illuminati Radio: There&#39;s usually a few about at any one time - Just wondering how they&#39;re taking it so far :)
[21:33] 7thElement: there are always mods - most of them just hide
[21:34] 7thElement: i hide most times too cause else the pm box is going crazy
[21:35] Illuminati Radio: Damn - Probably a lot of people wanting to talk to the admin :)
[21:35] 7thElement: well i didnt think it was so much
[21:35] 7thElement: its like 50 PMs / day
[21:35] 7thElement: plus replies and again replies
[21:35] 7thElement: makes like 200 per day
[21:35] Illuminati Radio: Damn - What can people say to fill that many PMs? o_O
[21:36] 7thElement: pretty much lol
[21:36] 7thElement: how long is moderation
[21:36] 7thElement: how much space do you need for such a board
[21:36] Illuminati Radio: Tell net.news it&#39;s for bleeding ever ;)
[21:36] 7thElement: wrong posted topics
[21:36] 7thElement: avatars
[21:36] 7thElement: etc
[21:36] Illuminati Radio: Wrong posteds and avatars are mods&#39; duties, aren&#39;t they?
[21:37] 7thElement: yup but if no mod is there i have a look
[21:37] 7thElement: depends on the content
[21:37] Illuminati Radio: Probably an idea to re-iterate, either yourself or a mod
[21:37] 7thElement: right now the most stuff that i do is new rules and stuff (even if most peole hate it)
[21:37] 7thElement: people*
[21:37] Illuminati Radio: i.e. rule infringments and complaints goes to mods first, THEN admin as a last resort
[21:38] Illuminati Radio: Screw them - It&#39;s not their board :P
[21:38] 7thElement: nah lol i think it is important to give a choice
[21:38] 7thElement: its a community so all things must be good for the community and not one single person
[21:38] Illuminati Radio: Truth be told - Dunno whether the mods will accept me as the manager, but one of the things I&#39;m planning to do is a code/set of rules for the radio
[21:39] Illuminati Radio: That is, unless the admin shuts them same rules down once posted ;)
[21:39] 7thElement: the mods here are pretty cool - its a real team
[21:39] 7thElement: you dont find that often
[21:39] 7thElement: they either agree all or none of them :)
[21:39] 7thElement: pretty good team play
[21:40] Illuminati Radio: You&#39;re starting to make me worry more about the Station Manager idea :&#39;-(
[21:40] Illuminati Radio: *poll, not idea :)
[21:40] 7thElement: lol well the first one posted his / her ok
[21:41] 7thElement: so i guess it wont be a problem :p
[21:41] 7thElement: There are no saved notes for this member
[21:41] 7thElement: is also good
[21:41] Illuminati Radio: Well I&#39;ll still be worrying until the fat lady sings :S
[21:41] Illuminati Radio: It doesn&#39;t help when I can&#39;t see the topic, but that&#39;s forum life :)
[21:41] 7thElement: hehe
[21:42] Illuminati Radio: BTW - Did you manage to do anything concerning a script?
[21:42] Illuminati Radio: I mean, for the requests
[21:42] Illuminati Radio: Just wondering :)
[21:42] 7thElement: i will just code a little request form that is linked in the radio board
[21:42] 7thElement: some sql stuff where the dj can access his messages
[21:43] Illuminati Radio: Great :)
[21:43] 7thElement: maybe i will add something where you can list your songs
[21:43] 7thElement: and people can choose from
[21:43] 7thElement: that every dj can build his own database
[21:43] Illuminati Radio: Great :)
[21:43] Illuminati Radio: How long would that take?
[21:44] 7thElement: 1 hour i think
[21:44] 7thElement: maybe less
[21:44] Illuminati Radio: I was just thinking, it would be a great idea for the Radio relaunch
[21:44] 7thElement: 10 mins should do the job
[21:44] Illuminati Radio: If it&#39;s done tonight, I can take a look at it and try it
[21:44] 7thElement: i dont think ill do it today cause i am lazy right now :p
[21:44] Illuminati Radio: Thursday, do a &#39;test run&#39; ;) to see how it would do during a show.&nbsp; Have it ready for Friday
[21:45] Illuminati Radio: Of course :)
[21:45] 7thElement: it will be more or less like a form like
[21:45] 7thElement: Artist / Track
[21:45] Illuminati Radio: Quite frankly, I just can&#39;t wait to see it :D
[21:45] 7thElement: people have a dropdown list then and can choose a song
[21:45] Illuminati Radio: Don&#39;t suppose you could make it read MP3 tags, could you? :)
[21:45] Illuminati Radio: Just thinking - Otherwise, DJs could be inputting hundreds of track details
[21:46] Illuminati Radio: God help FC with that if he became a DJ :S
[21:46] 7thElement: thats possible but i have no idea how cause i never did it so i guess its just a insert list
[21:46] 7thElement: well i think 250 would be enough
[21:46] Illuminati Radio: It could be read via a MySQL database
[21:46] Illuminati Radio: AFAIK, SAM2 puts them in a MySQL database
[21:47] Illuminati Radio: You could just read the SQL data then.&nbsp; That is, if you can ;)
[21:47] 7thElement: yup thats possible
[21:47] 7thElement: pretty easy
[21:47] Illuminati Radio: Does that help you out a bit? :)
[21:47] Illuminati Radio: I&#39;m starting to love SAM2&#39;s total data dependance on MySQL :D
[21:47] 7thElement: i will offer a submission form where you can submit a sql file
[21:47] 7thElement: and as 2nd option an artist / title thingy
[21:47] 7thElement: then people can choose what they want
[21:48] Illuminati Radio: Only problem - It could mean that all DJs would have to connect to a central MySQL database on the station&#39;s server
[21:48] Illuminati Radio: Ah - Okay :)
[21:48] 7thElement: every dj has an own database
[21:48] 7thElement: so thats no big deal
[21:48] 7thElement: umm look at the lounge lol
[21:49] 7thElement: i guess you see the reason why i dont want to allow people posting polls themself :p
[21:49] 7thElement: poll about a poll
[21:49] 7thElement: poll about hats
[21:49] 7thElement: lol
[21:49] Illuminati Radio: LOL
[21:49] Illuminati Radio: Already saw it ;)
[21:50] Illuminati Radio: Well - I think that when REALITY asked for a poll about polls, the whole poll issue went to hell :D
[21:50] 7thElement: i think the best idea wouldto have a Pollworld
[21:50] 7thElement: where only polls are located
[21:50] Illuminati Radio: I dunno
[21:50] 7thElement: then people know where to go if they want to vote
[21:50] Illuminati Radio: Let me show you something
[21:50] Illuminati Radio: Do you have a spam email address?
[21:50] 7thElement: then we could even allow people to instantly post it :p
[21:50] 7thElement: nope
[21:50] Illuminati Radio: Just let me show you something
[21:51] Illuminati Radio: Alright then - You&#39;ll have to log in on my account then
[21:51] Illuminati Radio: (Link: /index.php)http://forums4 (http://forums4.[SPAM).[SPAM]/index.php]http://forums4.[SPAM]/index.php)http://fo...5.com/index.php
[21:51] Illuminati Radio: Username - I-Dev
Password - EDITED OUT
[21:52] Illuminati Radio: It won&#39;t let you see any topics without an account
[21:52] Illuminati Radio: Now let me find what I&#39;m trying to show you...
[21:52] 7thElement: --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry, the password was wrong. All passwords are case sensitive
[21:52] Illuminati Radio: Ah - I think I know what I did wrong
[21:52] Illuminati Radio: Try this one - EDITED OUT
[21:52] Illuminati Radio: Let me show you some polls
[21:53] 7thElement: worked
[21:53] Illuminati Radio: Go to the Spam/Flame/Torture Chamber forum
[21:53] Illuminati Radio: Look for any topic that has &#39;poll&#39; in the title and is started by &#39;DaDead&#39;
[21:53] Illuminati Radio: Take a look at some of them
[21:54] Illuminati Radio: Let me know what you think of them
[21:54] 7thElement: well first of all i think this is exactly what i dont want at the kl boards
[21:55] 7thElement: i mean look at the masses of polls and the content
[21:55] Illuminati Radio: That&#39;s why I showed you it
[21:55] Illuminati Radio: DaDead is one of those who spreads the filth intentionally.&nbsp; The board is a liberal one so DaDead gets away with it, and it&#39;s been going on for a bit that it&#39;s almost institutionalised
[21:56] Illuminati Radio: DaDead does it intentionally as a cliche, a joke
[21:56] Illuminati Radio: Would you put it past no members, hand on heart, to even try to do the same?
[21:56] 7thElement: well i would not like it much if this happens on the kl board
[21:56] Illuminati Radio: I wouldn&#39;t
[21:57] Illuminati Radio: Trust me Darker - Keep the polls to the team only on all circumstances
[21:57] Illuminati Radio: It&#39;s better for all, all round then
[21:57] 7thElement: well i never wanted to change it i think it is the best oidea if people have to ask a mod
[21:57] 7thElement: cause mods know if it makes sense or not
[21:57] 7thElement: plus they know if it already exists
[21:58] Illuminati Radio: BTW did you log off after you left the ESV board?
[21:58] 7thElement: users would just make a new one without to look if such a poll already exists
[21:58] 7thElement: yup
[21:58] Illuminati Radio: I don&#39;t want SP breathing on my ass for two connections for more than a few seconds ;)
[21:58] Illuminati Radio: I don&#39;t usually like him when he&#39;s cool, so Lord knows what might happen if he finds me sharing the connection ;)
[21:59] 7thElement: well he is a strange person
[21:59] 7thElement: i wonder why people go there anyway
[21:59] 7thElement: i checke d that board when the explloit was found
[21:59] 7thElement: and his answers were not admin like
[22:00] Illuminati Radio: Originally, I went there to try to cool down the heat between us and ESV
[22:00] Illuminati Radio: Course, that was about a few weeks after the exploit was released
[22:00] Illuminati Radio: A good tip about ESV is don&#39;t pay attention to whatever SharePro says - It&#39;s the other one, FileHoover, who usually doesn&#39;t speak out of his arse ;)
[22:00] Illuminati Radio: But I digress :)
[22:01] 7thElement: well i tell you what... i dont think they forgot to remove that "feature" cause it makes no sense at all
[22:01] 7thElement: as a coder myself i know that this is not the normal way to add features for "updates"
[22:02] Illuminati Radio: My own honest opinion was that it was just sloppy coding.&nbsp; But I could be wrong myself
[22:02] 7thElement: if you do updates you dont need to touch the running exe in any way
[22:02] 7thElement: you could simply dl the new stuff, ask for restarting the prog
[22:02] 7thElement: and take the new exe over with the reboot
[22:02] 7thElement: via temp files
[22:03] 7thElement: every newb knows that
[22:03] 7thElement: no need to delete anything :)
[22:03] Illuminati Radio: I have to admit - I knew that method myself
[22:03] 7thElement: the second reason is that even if you want to delete stuff for an update
[22:04] 7thElement: then you could do it without remote access
[22:04] 7thElement: just via local rights
[22:04] 7thElement: so umm i dont like them much hehe
[22:04] 7thElement: they cant&nbsp; be that dumb if they code a client
[22:04] 7thElement: so umm odd guys :)
[22:05] Illuminati Radio: &#39;cuse me one sec - Adding another article on my site
[22:06] 7thElement: btw
[22:06] 7thElement: do you think i should add a smilie gen to the klboard ? :p
[22:06] 7thElement: (Link: http://www.klboard.ath.cx/generator/?text=...a%20radio%20guy (http://www.klboard.ath.cx/generator/?text=Hello,%20my%20name%20is%20Illuminati%20and%20i%20am%20a%20radio%20guy)http://www.klboard.ath.cx/generator/?text=Hello,%20my%20name%20is%20Illuminati%20and%20i%20am%20a%20radio%20guy)
[22:06] 7thElement: like this
[22:06] 7thElement: wrong one lol
[22:06] Illuminati Radio: LOL
[22:06] Illuminati Radio: Lemme give you a response
[22:06] 7thElement: wrong url lol
[22:06] 7thElement: (Link: http://www.klboard.ath.cx/generator/?text=...tor/?text=Hello (http://www.klboard.ath.cx/generator/?text=Hello)http://www.klboard.ath.cx/generator/?text=Hello)
[22:07] 7thElement: hmm
[22:07] 7thElement: doesnt like direct links lol
[22:07] Illuminati Radio: (Link: http://www.klboard.ath.cx/generator/?text=...dmin%20man%20:P (http://www.klboard.ath.cx/generator/?text=Your%20own%20choice,%20admin%20man%20:P)http://www.klboard.ath.cx/generator/?text=Your%20own%20choice,%20admin%20man%20:P)
[22:07] 7thElement: :p
[22:09] 7thElement: oh well i guess i will just write some save smilie function and add it
[22:09] 7thElement: doesnt harm anyway :p
[22:10] Illuminati Radio: BTW - Dunno whether you minded it or not, check out some of the articles on the IllDev site
[22:10] Illuminati Radio: (Link: http://illdev.ashst.com]http://illdev.ashst.com (http://illdev.ashst.com)[url))http://illdev.ashst.com[/url]
[22:11] Illuminati Radio: There were some things I found pretty important
[22:11] Illuminati Radio: ...that we discussed.
[22:12] Illuminati Radio: That, and I wanted to piss readers about in terms of events I&#39;m not allowed to say :)
[22:12] Illuminati Radio: I&#39;m not talking about the 7th/Darker thing though, more about the plans you said for the forum
[22:13] 7thElement: hehe nice (besides it is a nuke cms) :)
[22:13] 7thElement: btw maybe you can explain me one thing
[22:13] Illuminati Radio: Well what could I do - I&#39;m not an internet billionaire :P
[22:13] Illuminati Radio: Go on
[22:13] 7thElement: related to the post counts
[22:13] 7thElement: you also say on your page that the negative side is that people will start to post more at the lounge ... why do people think so ?
[22:14] 7thElement: i mean why would you post a question to the lounge if you get an answer faster at the right section
[22:14] 7thElement: same for movie talk
[22:14] Illuminati Radio: It isn&#39;t just that
[22:14] 7thElement: why loungs if you get a faster reply at the movieworld
[22:14] Illuminati Radio: There&#39;s some things in the Lounge that people want to preserve
[22:14] Illuminati Radio: Things which have been around for a while, e.g. Riddler&#39;s Gauntlet topics
[22:14] Illuminati Radio: The worry for them is that as PCs are counted back in the Lounge, all the spammers will, as planned, returned to the Lounge
[22:15] 7thElement: well the lounge is more or less spam anyway
[22:15] Illuminati Radio: The problem with that is that those topics might be sunk because of the intake of predicted spam
[22:15] 7thElement: even the wonderful day is 90 % spam
[22:15] Illuminati Radio: Spam and off-topic stuff aren&#39;t always the same
[22:15] 7thElement: i dont think that more people will post in the lounge at all
[22:15] 7thElement: the loungeis for all off topic stuff anyway
[22:16] 7thElement: and people spam there since i know the board
[22:16] 7thElement: so i dont think that stuff will change at all
[22:16] Illuminati Radio: Like I said, off-topic and spam aren&#39;t always the same
[22:16] Illuminati Radio: Some members may regret the decision if they were treated as such
[22:17] 7thElement: well the same discussion did exist when the idea was to remove the count hehe
[22:17] 7thElement: i did my work to research it
[22:17] 7thElement: and it was exactly the same lol
[22:17] 7thElement: well we will see in future if anything changes cause changes will be made
[22:17] 7thElement: post counts goes bye bye
[22:18] 7thElement: and will be replaced witha&nbsp; link to all members posts
[22:18] 7thElement: and all posts will be counted
[22:18] 7thElement: just that you dont see the postcount in a topic
[22:18] 7thElement: you would bhave to check the members profile
[22:19] 7thElement: top posters of the day = bye bye too
[22:19] 7thElement: only overall top will stay
[22:19] Illuminati Radio: You mean remove the post count system altogether?
[22:19] 7thElement: nope all posts will count
[22:19] 7thElement: but you wont see it in the topic
[22:19] Illuminati Radio: At least, the numerical system
[22:19] 7thElement: only in a members profile
[22:19] Illuminati Radio: That may help
[22:19] 7thElement: the
[22:19] 7thElement: Posts: number here
[22:19] 7thElement: will be replaced with
[22:20] 7thElement: Members Posts <== link to all posts of this member
[22:20] Illuminati Radio: Nice :)
[22:20] Illuminati Radio: Can I offer one addition suggestion to that though?
[22:20] 7thElement: there are many pros i can name you a few
[22:20] 7thElement: - 1 post is worth 1 post
[22:20] 7thElement: - less spamming to get posts
[22:20] 7thElement: - no post whores (nobody will notice anyway)
[22:21] 7thElement: - better way for admins to delete inactive accounts
[22:21] 7thElement: - no more top spammer of the day
[22:21] 7thElement: no more i am number 1 of the day posts
[22:21] 7thElement: and all posts are worth the same
[22:21] 7thElement: a wonderful day post is in fact worth more than some spam
[22:21] 7thElement: but its still just a post
[22:21] Illuminati Radio: I have to admit, it does sound good...
[22:22] Illuminati Radio: ...But did you have to decide this less than 25 posts away from my five stars? :P
[22:22] 7thElement: stars stay
[22:22] 7thElement: cause they look god
[22:22] Illuminati Radio: That&#39;s my suggestion
[22:22] 7thElement: good
[22:22] Illuminati Radio: Well, kinda
[22:22] 7thElement: only the number will disappear
[22:22] Illuminati Radio: The stars are important to a few, but they are tied to the number of posts currently
[22:23] Illuminati Radio: Can anything be done to change that to the amount of time a member has been on the board?
[22:23] 7thElement: well i see the stars like a half nakes woman
[22:23] 7thElement: its more interesting
[22:23] Illuminati Radio: True dat ;)
[22:23] 7thElement: if you see all stuff at ones you dont care
[22:23] 7thElement: so you see stars and maybe you want to see more of this member
[22:23] 7thElement: then you check his profile
[22:24] 7thElement: i think thats the better way
[22:24] 7thElement: the fact is that some people only post in other areas to get the count up
[22:24] 7thElement: and thats not good
[22:24] 7thElement: people should post where they want to post
[22:24] 7thElement: and not only change the subject to make it fit theboard rules
Session Close (7thElement): Tue Dec 02 22:26:39 2003

Cheese
06-09-2004, 11:48 PM
OMG this was boring the first time around.

Illuminati
06-09-2004, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by Withcheese@10 June 2004 - 00:56
I&#39;ll leave it then. :)

I did mean to post the rest of the logs in one form or another, but as they&#39;d be talking to a wall it&#39;s probably the best thing to let this die.

If anyone&#39;s really interested in seeing the rest, then they know who to contact for them. But considering we&#39;ve got more important issues instead of this old news, I&#39;m done posting here :)

Cheese
06-10-2004, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by Illuminati+9 June 2004 - 23:04--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Illuminati @ 9 June 2004 - 23:04)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Withcheese@10 June 2004 - 00:56
I&#39;ll leave it then. :)

I did mean to post the rest of the logs in one form or another, but as they&#39;d be talking to a wall it&#39;s probably the best thing to let this die.

If anyone&#39;s really interested in seeing the rest, then they know who to contact for them. But considering we&#39;ve got more important issues instead of this old news, I&#39;m done posting here :) [/b][/quote]
:P

I was just kidding. :lol: Though if you have any logs with Rip the Jackoff then we&#39;d all be interested in those. ;)

zapjb
06-10-2004, 07:34 AM
My posts in this thread that were deleted were brilliant. Brilliant I tell you. :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
06-10-2004, 07:46 AM
Originally posted by zapjb@10 June 2004 - 02:42
My posts in this thread that were deleted were brilliant. Brilliant I tell you. :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:
:P Stop saying that&#33; :P

:lol: