PDA

View Full Version : Is Shareaza Good?

imasoldier
06-10-2004, 04:04 AM
is shareaza clean or fake or what cause i just now herd of this program is it good or what can someone tell me do u use it ????

Alex H
06-10-2004, 04:13 AM
I use it and I love it.

Shareaza is completely spyware and adware free. It is NOT subscription based - you don't pay for it.

It connects to 4 networks: Gnutella 1, Gnutella 2, Edonkey 2000 and BitTorrent, so you can download the one file from people on the first three networks all at the same time.

I don't use BitTorrent, but it is a separate network and is supposed to be really fast.

I highly recommend Shareaza 2.0

See my sig for the website.

Cheers.

muchspl2
06-10-2004, 06:04 AM
it sucks ass. use a separate client for Bittorrent and emule because the "all in one" is slow as shit :(

Alex H
06-10-2004, 07:44 AM
Well I don't use BT, so I don't have any issues with that.

The all-in-one feature is pretty good I think. The G2 network (for me) is much faster than the ed2k network with it's bloody long ques, but the ability to find an ed2k hash and then download it on G2 is great.

ed2k has a much bigger content base, but once you find the hash, it flies through on G2.

Raza also supports so many different hash types, which makes it a big plus.

Opposite
06-10-2004, 08:17 AM
I used Shareaza for some time (from the version 1.5) and i'm just not yet shure if it's any good. The interface it's pretty nice (although I don't like that the progress bar is not uniform) and the FAQ helped me a lot during my freshman peer-2-peerer (although I still don't understand completely what hashing means).
If shareaza is fast and reliable I'll find out soon because, as I just finished downloading Futurama series, I'll start downloading the Simpsons series using 9 different P2P programs(*). For the moment my favourites are Emule and Warez p2p.

- Kazaa Lite K++
- Filetopia
- WinMX
- Warezp2p
- Shareaza 2
- Soulseek
- iMesh
- Kazaa Gold (I got that piece of crap cracked, of course)
- Overnet

P.S.: BT? I hate it.

CPU1
06-10-2004, 09:56 AM
why do u hate bt? its the best protocol

Opposite
06-10-2004, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by CPU1@10 June 2004 - 10:04
why do u hate bt? its the best protocol
Well there are several objective and subjective reasons:

- I downloaded BitTorrent some time ago and it just kept asking from donations and I was something like: if I had any money I would have donate some to you in the first place!
- Maybe I'm just unlucky but I never had the chance to download anything using BitTorrent because the source was always unavailable and I don't like waiting (that's why I lurk on several filesharing networks at the same time)
- I don't believe in connecting to a single person to receive the files I need. I'd rather trust in multiple sources that leading to a greater speed and so on.
- I like a well made interface and except Shareaza, wich I think it has one of the best interfaces available, everything refering to BT it's plain ugly (including www.suprnova.org ... brr).

That would be it. Of course I'll try BT though for my Simpsons dowloads. Maybe I'll get more lucky.

muchspl2
06-10-2004, 11:36 AM
haha
some one tell this guy how it works :lol:

Supernatural
06-10-2004, 09:48 PM
http://bitconjurer.org/BitTorrent/introduction.html

muchspl2
06-10-2004, 09:51 PM
no that not the correct answer
first he need to understand how it works http://www.dessent.net/btfaq/
then IMO he should dl shadows client http://www.bittornado.com

edit: I thought you were recommending the original client, thats the worst client

sharedholder
06-10-2004, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by Opposite@10 June 2004 - 08:25

- Kazaa Lite K++

Kazaa Gold its just a ripped version of Kazaa Lite . :lol: :lol: :lol:

Also if you want to be amazed about Bitorent get Bitornado or G3Torent ( nice interface ) and use Suprnova site for start .

Mr. Blunt
06-10-2004, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by sharedholder+10 June 2004 - 14:16--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (sharedholder @ 10 June 2004 - 14:16)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Opposite@10 June 2004 - 08:25

- Kazaa Lite K++

Kazaa Gold its just a ripped version of Kazaa Lite . :lol: :lol: :lol: [/b][/quote]
Yeah. It&#39;s the same exact thing.

Plus, they both download from the same network. There is no need to use both clients.

guit_steel
06-11-2004, 03:02 PM
Is Shareaza good?

Ever heard the phrase: Jack-of-all-trades and master of none? Follow the advice of those who have suggested you opt for separate clients. ;)

Ariel_001
06-12-2004, 02:09 AM
ed2k,G2 networks are great. I find it is best to use only those network in Shareaza.

The all-in-one feature is pretty good I think. The G2 network (for me) is much faster than the ed2k network with it&#39;s bloody long ques, but the ability to find an ed2k hash and then download it on G2 is great.

Are you using a firewall/router? Open your ports. Use a ramdom port numbers. that solves many ques problems. (for me anyways) B)

Saraband
06-12-2004, 12:43 PM
download.com warning re. warezp2p

Editor&#39;s note: This download includes additional applications bundled with the software&#39;s installer file. Third-party applications bundled with this download may record your surfing habits, deliver advertising, collect private information, or modify your system settings. Pay close attention to the end user license agreement and installation options. For more information, read

Ariel_001
06-12-2004, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by Saraband@12 June 2004 - 08:51
download.com warning re. warezp2p

Editor&#39;s note: This download includes additional applications bundled with the software&#39;s installer file. Third-party applications bundled with this download may record your surfing habits, deliver advertising, collect private information, or modify your system settings. Pay close attention to the end user license agreement and installation options. For more information, read
Thats good to know but it is better to make a new topic for it.

Opposite
06-12-2004, 11:14 PM
Well thanks for taking time with giving me the links, I guess I was pretty wrong.

Since last time, BT gain a chance. All I have to do now is to find a working link with Simpsons seasons. Any hints? (PM?)

Btw: I&#39;m using Shareaza as my BT client and it&#39;s working just fine. Although there is a small problem:

I&#39;m connecting to the internet through a LAN and my server administrator became pretty troubled because Shareaza is making too many outside links, blocking the server from time to time. Although I explained him that I don&#39;t have a trojan on my computer, the problem remains. So, anyone knows what should I do?
For the moment I limited the maximum downloaded files to 3, the maximum transfers to 20 and the maximum transfers per file to 8. Anything else?

muchspl2
06-12-2004, 11:44 PM
why don&#39;t you try a fucking different client like we told you
http://www.bittornado.com
and http://www.robotolabs.cjb.net/ has everything to do with simpsons
but hey you seem to want to do things your own way

Opposite
06-13-2004, 12:17 AM
Are you talking about the OMFG_the_download_closed_after_five_minutes_and_I_only_find_out_that_after_a_day_so_it_was_all_just_a_wasted_fuking_*experimental*_time version of BitTornado?
Not working for me, thanx anywayz.

The link was cool, though. May it be your way.

muchspl2
06-13-2004, 05:15 AM
someone just lock this before I e-strangle him
what a fucking idiot, it pains me to waste my time trying to help people only to get shitted on
fuck you & your shitty ass client thats so much better than all the rest

RealitY
06-13-2004, 05:49 AM
Regarding Shareaza...
Shareaza Sux Balls (http://filesharingtalk.com/index.php?showtopic=92928&hl=Shareaza+Sux)
:P :P

rmthegreat88
06-13-2004, 06:18 AM
reeality you bastered, you should have left that little kid alone; you may have hurt his feelings&#33;

Opposite
06-13-2004, 08:42 AM
Well than, fuck you too.
Maybe that bt piece of crap does a whole bunch for you but to me it just seems to crash and even if I would care if shareaza sucks balls I couldn&#39;t do anything about it since my connection won&#39;t surpass 8kB/s. Maybe your genius brain should ask if there are any reasons that I don&#39;t follow your 5 stars advices but I seems you just wanna e-something people over the internet.
Get a life moron.

muchspl2
06-13-2004, 09:41 AM
you shouldn&#39;t
56k users shouldn&#39;t even use BT, unless its a real small file/app
just use kazaa, thats best for your kind

Champion
06-13-2004, 03:36 PM
Well, i love shareaza and it&#39;s one of the best file sharings program out there&#33; i give a fuc* what other people say about it.. maybe it&#39;s cuz of jalousie or something like that...

shareaza 2.0 is my best program.. the speed is great and so is files.. it&#39;s no diffrents between other BT cleints and Shareaza..and edk cleints.. G2 network is great and fast&#33; it&#39;s up to you which network you want to connect with..

It&#39;s too many fake files in kazaa&#33; you won&#39;t find any fake file in shareaza(i mean also G2, edk, BT)

try shareaza selv and feel/se it... trust me&#33;

btw it is nr. 1 at zeropaid.com

raed more about shareaza at http://www.shareaza.com/ or http://www.zeropaid.com/

Vargas
06-13-2004, 04:09 PM
shareaza will be banned from the biggest edk2 server now (razorback2) as they make too much queries and kill the server bandwidth, just like on gnutella.
http://forums.shareaza.com/showthread.php?threadid=20766

RealitY
06-13-2004, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by Opposite@13 June 2004 - 00:50
Well than, fuck you too.
Maybe that bt piece of crap does a whole bunch for you but to me it just seems to crash and even if I would care if shareaza sucks balls I couldn&#39;t do anything about it since my connection won&#39;t surpass 8kB/s. Maybe your genius brain should ask if there are any reasons that I don&#39;t follow your 5 stars advices but I seems you just wanna e-something people over the internet.
Get a life moron.
:huh: :huh: :huh: :huh:

muchspl2
06-13-2004, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by Vargas@13 June 2004 - 11:17
shareaza will be banned from the biggest edk2 server now (razorback2) as they make too much queries and kill the server bandwidth, just like on gnutella.
it doesn&#39;t matter they think its the greatest thing since sliced bread, you just can&#39;t help some people

guit_steel
06-14-2004, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by Champion@13 June 2004 - 09:44
...maybe it&#39;s cuz of jalousie or something like that...
Who or what is jalousie?

MeDieViL
06-15-2004, 11:51 AM
it would be a better program if they made it faster, and improved the GUI, its damn ugly :(

Alex H
06-16-2004, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by Vargas@13 June 2004 - 16:17
Thats actually being fixed. Raza is open source and some people from the emule project are looking at the way Shareaza handels ed2k connections to fix the problem.

Champion
06-16-2004, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by muchspl2@13 June 2004 - 23:03
it doesn&#39;t matter they think its the greatest thing since sliced bread, you just can&#39;t help some people
yeh you are right... you just can&#39;t help some people..&#33;&#33;
btw Shareaza is not going to banned from razorback2......

Vargas
06-16-2004, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by Alex H+15 June 2004 - 19:23--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Alex H @ 15 June 2004 - 19:23)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Vargas@13 June 2004 - 16:17
Thats actually being fixed. Raza is open source and some people from the emule project are looking at the way Shareaza handels ed2k connections to fix the problem. [/b][/quote]
yeah and as soon as everyone upgrades to this, not yet built version, it won&#39;t be a problem for ed2k servers.

hey dont get me wrong, im an x-shareaza fan boy, i was the first person to post it on zeropaid back when it was v1.0.0.1 and thought every version up to 1.6.0.0 was great
but since then each version has more options and more bugs (imnsho)

i am hoping that now that it&#39;s opensource alot of the bugs will be squashed. but until they are i wouldn&#39;t call shareaza "good"

Champion
06-19-2004, 07:45 PM
well if u like it or not i think shareaza is one of best filehsring program out there..

Remember to download final version not beta.. :D

RealitY
06-20-2004, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by Vargas@16 June 2004 - 06:43
yeah and as soon as everyone upgrades to this, not yet built version, it won&#39;t be a problem for ed2k servers.

hey dont get me wrong, im an x-shareaza fan boy, i was the first person to post it on zeropaid back when it was v1.0.0.1 and thought every version up to 1.6.0.0 was great
but since then each version has more options and more bugs (imnsho)

i am hoping that now that it&#39;s opensource alot of the bugs will be squashed. but until they are i wouldn&#39;t call shareaza "good"
So are you now suggesting that you feel Shareaza...

Sux Balls.
:P :P

Vargas
07-12-2004, 12:21 AM
well i found a patched shareaza that is suppose to fix the ed2k server problem.
it&#39;s just the exe and not a full installer just overwrite your old shareaza.exe to update your shareaza to v2.0.0.4 (at the time of this post)
you can download it here:
http://www.shareaza.com/download/Shareaza.rar

i also noticed the Shareaza Security Update v2.8.2 - 11-July-2004 is out
more info and links:
http://forums.shareaza.com/showthread.php?threadid=22580