PDA

View Full Version : Anime.mircx.com

danne
06-10-2004, 09:07 PM
And there it came *boom* a request from ADV to remove certain torrents. Ah well, guess it&#39;s back to the old days of keeping track of all the irc-channels again... >_<

wienerschnitzel
06-11-2004, 08:15 AM
its sad to see that site go. Maybe we could start a topic for new releases.

Does anyone know if samurai champloo 3 is out?

danne
06-11-2004, 09:00 AM
It&#39;s not gone for all time, or at least they said it would be back up once they had figured out how to filter out certain torrents and fix so they could not be submitted. (this was yesterday)

I noticed one can&#39;t get on it at all today tho. I know there are other sites, but it was the best one around, even tho it was ugly (which I could care less about, I wasn&#39;t there to check on design anyways ^_^)

So, expect it to be back up, no ETA on that tho =(

As for a release topic, go with www.baka-updates.com, that should be enuff =)

mr. nails
06-13-2004, 05:12 AM
yeah, is bs. that site is down and so is downloadanime.org. pftt

ilw
06-13-2004, 05:17 PM
i briefly thought there was something dodgy going on because anime.mircx went down, downloadanime.org was down, boxtorrents went down and also kaizoku-fansubs.
NB i think ADV was also responsible for downloadanime.org&#39;s downtime.

danne
06-13-2004, 07:23 PM
mircx and downloadanime was both ADV (even tho the letter to downloadanime was &#39;suspicious&#39; to say the least).

boxtorrent was HW failure (or so they say)

kaizoku has nothing to fear from ADV (and they are back up btw)

both anime.mircx.com and downloadanime should move to EU, then ADV can whine all they like :P

Manny Roscoe
06-17-2004, 04:29 AM
FUCK ADV&#33; :angry:

Money greedy bastards.....

Busyman
06-18-2004, 04:43 AM
Originally posted by Manny Roscoe@17 June 2004 - 00:37
FUCK ADV&#33;&nbsp; :angry:

Money greedy bastards.....
Uh...that&#39;s why they sell anime.

If you owned ADV you&#39;d do the same thing. <_<

danne
06-18-2004, 07:20 AM
Personally I have no what so ever interest in giving ADV any money at all. I rather give my money directly to the Japanese who deserve it.

danne
06-19-2004, 02:31 PM
http://www.mirkx.com/ ^^ (and waddaya know, it seems it&#39;s placed in europe ;) )

mr. nails
06-20-2004, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by danne@19 June 2004 - 08:39
http://www.mirkx.com/ ^^ (and waddaya know, it seems it&#39;s placed in europe ;) )
thank u&#33;

danne
06-29-2004, 11:19 AM
Heh, this is getting even better ^^

link: http://www.mirkx.com/inquiries.php

June 22, 2004

RE: http://mirkx.com

To Whom It May Concern:

This office represents A.D. Vision, Inc. (ADV) and its affiliated companies that own and/or are exclusively licensed to use the following protected work (the "Protected Work"):

Azumanga Daioh
DN Angel
Getter Robo Armageddon
Kaleido Star
Kimagure Orange Road
King of Bandit Jing
Pretear
Puni Puni Poemy
RahXephon
Saint Seiya

Through our Internet monitoring program, we recently discovered unauthorized use of our Protected Work in connection with your website (mirkx.com) (the "Site"). Specifically, the Protected Work is being offered for Internet download, copying and distribution through a Bit Torrent server, and potentially through a File Transfer Protocol server.

Our intellectual property rights are our most valuable assets. In order to promote a cooperative and beneficial relationship with fans, ADV prefers to send out written requests such as this first, rather than institute litigation or request that your ISP disable your Site. Notwithstanding the foregoing, unauthorized copying and distribution of ADV&#39;s protected works (including images) constitutes an infringement of one or more of ADV&#39;s rights under the copyright laws of the United States, Canada and other jurisdictions throughout the world. Applicable law provides for substantial penalties for such infringement, including injunctive relief, attorney&#39;s fees, and damages. ADV has instituted litigation in the past, and in every such litigation, ADV prevailed. If necessary, ADV will not hesitate to take such action again to insure that its rights are fully protected.

Therefore, without limiting any right, remedy or defense available to us, ADV MUST ASK THAT YOU IMMEDIATELY:
&nbsp; 1) Delete and cease all further use of the Protected Work, and any other unauthorized ADV works, from the Site.
&nbsp; 2) Remove and delete all copies of the Protected Work, and any other unauthorized ADV titles, from any other distribution channel owned, operated or otherwise controlled or accessible by you or those to whom you grant access including other web sites, FTP servers, web-based storage services, peer-to-peer systems and the like (each of the foregoing being a "Channel").
&nbsp; 3) Remove and delete all references, pointers and hypertext links pertaining to infringing copies of the Protected Work from all such Channels.

If you are unsure of whether any other titles related with your Site are ADV Protected Works, or you would like to be more pro-active in your awareness of our licensed titles for future reference, please check with the official ADV site www.advfilms.com or our customer service department.
We also ask that you please advise us in writing within five (5) days from the date of this notice as to whether you will comply with our request so that we can determine whether any additional action will be required beyond this point. I trust this will receive your prompt attention, and if there is anything I can help you with in future, please let me know.

Sincerely,

Enforcement Team
Anti-Piracy Division
A.D. Vision, Inc.

Public reply from mirKx.com: (06.28.2004)
MirKx.com is not under North American&#39;s laws. It is unfortunate that this Site is available in North America, since it has only been made for Comoro Islands&#39; inhabitants, where mirKx.com is acting from. Moreover, the referenced international copyright laws don&#39;t apply, since the Comoro Islands:
- didn&#39;t sign the International Berne Convention of 1886
- is not a state member of the WIPO.

MirKx.com is acting as an AUTOMATIC index of links, and the Protected Work you make reference to are NOT hosted on this server. If your corporation believes that "pointing to materials which you have property rights on" is an illegal fact, you may sue Google.com (2400 E. Bayshore Pkwy Mountain View, CA 94043, USA) having indexed this Site, under the Digital Millenium Copyright Act of 1998.

n18
06-29-2004, 04:02 PM
mirkx sent them a really nice reply :D

but now bottorretns is down again, and i was downloading Wolf&#39;s Rain, and im on 80% :(

ilw
06-29-2004, 09:02 PM
Heh, this is getting even better ^^
getting worse now, mirkx seems to be down (at least for me) :(

wienerschnitzel
06-29-2004, 10:11 PM
I think ADV went to the people who provide the domain name and told them that box and mirkx are violating copyright laws. These would be the easist way to shut the sites down.

I don&#39;t see how boxtorrents could of not gotten a warning from them, i bet they just chose to ignore it. What i find weird is that box&#39;s page said they were having site problems and later you could not dns them. They must of known something was comming. I just wish I could connect to their irc server but without dns irc.boxtorrents.com is useless.

Mirkx did get a warning email and they gave some stupid excuse that their site is only meant for the people of an island off the east coast of africa and its unfortunate that people in the US could get to it. I was supprised that even lasted for a day

edit: #boxtorrents @ rizon topic: Apparently the site was shut down by ADV that includes the IRC Server/Site/Tracker. Box needs hosting for a new site. (I should of tried looking there first)

ilw
06-29-2004, 11:54 PM
ADV suck large amounts of ass

wienerschnitzel
06-30-2004, 04:45 AM
first 4kids pissed me off with one piece

now adv has distroyed mircx, then mirkx and now box, my favorite site. am i supposed to buy anime now? F that

danne
06-30-2004, 08:28 AM
nah, it was another DDOS/overload attack. More mirrors comming up ^^

wienerschnitzel
07-01-2004, 07:02 AM
box will be back in four days. yay.

go to #boxtorrents on rizon if you would like to donate or see the topic for yourself

mirkx works again. yay.

people:2 ADV:0

(yes i could count mircx but it not like its really gone and i don&#39;t wanna give adv any points)