PDA

View Full Version : Deleted Movie

odiesmom
03-17-2003, 07:42 AM
Ok, here is the deal.... I deleted my movies out of "My Kazaa Lite" files. I have everything copied and sent to my shared folder after downloading is completed. For some reason, I cannot find 2 of the movies that I had in My Kazaa. Is there any way to retrieve the files that I had deleted? If I had deleted them from my shared folder, they would have been in my recycle bin, but they were not, so it seems to me there must have been a glitch or something when I took them out of my kazaa folder. Has anyone had this happen? I also had a movie not show up in My Kazaa folder, but I found it only in my shared folder. Any ideas as to what happened? Does this make any sense? :angry:

DARKSHADOW
03-17-2003, 07:52 AM
They mght have gone walkies to another folder ,use the search function in the start menu and setit to search ur whole comp :)

Crackedup
03-17-2003, 09:19 AM
Just type *.avi in the search box and it will come up with a complete list for you.

odiesmom
03-17-2003, 04:33 PM
Thanks, tried searching *avi & I guess they're gone for good. Only the movies I have in my shared folder showed up. Bummer. :( :angry:

Schmiggy_JK23
03-17-2003, 09:44 PM
maybe they were mpg movies...

so maybe you should search for "*.mpg" before you give up all hope....

odiesmom
03-18-2003, 12:58 AM
They were Ghost Ship & About Schmidt (cd1)..both were from a verified list & they ended in .avi... What suxs so bad is that I can't seem to get them downloaded again..not enough sources.... :( This 'll teach me to double check my shared folder before deleting!

C4-M$=:)
03-18-2003, 02:01 AM
lemme guess, did u try to view them with avipreview and forget to fully close it thru the taskmanager out after u looked, cause I did that 2 days ago and that happened, pissed me right off.

odiesmom
03-18-2003, 03:24 AM
sh%&#036;&#33; I bet that&#39;s what I did. I had just checked them out on AVI preview. They were my last 2 downloads completed. It was right after that , that I deleted them from My Kazaa. Another lesson to learn.... <_< Now if only I could get another copy downloaded&#33;&#33;

jagger
03-21-2003, 06:03 AM
sh%&#036;&#33;&nbsp; I bet that&#39;s what I did.&nbsp; I had just checked them out on AVI preview.&nbsp; They were my last 2 downloads completed.&nbsp; It was right after that , that I deleted them

:o Did you have Norton Utilities installed? If so right click on the recycle bin and search Norton protected files. You may just be in luck if you haven&#39;t written lots to disc and stayed away from defragging so far.