PDA

View Full Version : Something Happened/didn't Happen

tracydani
06-11-2004, 09:55 AM
Just wanted to be sure everyone is aware that the following things have/have not happened and someone around here is very happy/unhappy about it.

The board went down/came back up
Things were lost in the shuffle
Someones sig/avatar/link etc. is missing/resized etc.
Posts were locked that were more important then life itself and I was not consulted first
Something was broke/fixed that I like/don't like... Put it back/take it away or else...
I'm leaving/coming/leaving/coming/leaving again

But most importantly don't forget....

Someone is paying for this board
Several someones help upkeep this board and...
most likely neither of the 2 above are you :rolleyes:

Thanks to those that matter.

TD

Voetsek
06-11-2004, 11:26 AM
some major cack hit me thats all i will give out

Cheese
06-11-2004, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by tracydani@11 June 2004 - 09:03
Just wanted to be sure everyone is aware that the following things have/have not happened and someone around here is very happy/unhappy about it.

Posts were locked that were more important then life itself and I was not consulted first
Something was broke/fixed that I like/don't like... Put it back/take it away or else...
I'm leaving/coming/leaving/coming/leaving again

But most importantly don't forget....

TD
Wow.

This post (the one I've quoted) is a hot contender for most Arrogant-I'm better than all the other lowly members Award 2004. :01:

Snee
06-11-2004, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by Withcheese+11 June 2004 - 12:53--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Withcheese @ 11 June 2004 - 12:53)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-tracydani@11 June 2004 - 09:03

Something was broke/fixed that I like/don&#39;t like... Put it back/take it away or else...
I&#39;m leaving/coming/leaving/coming/leaving again

But most importantly don&#39;t forget....

TD
Wow.

This post is a hot contender for most Arrogant-I&#39;m better than all the other lowly members Award 2004. :01: [/b][/quote]
I don&#39;t know about that...all right I do, and yes it is.

tracydani
06-11-2004, 12:05 PM
Actually, I am not sure why you took it that way. It was just intended to point out that all the things people keep complaining about aren&#39;t really that big a deal. Maybe if they realize that then a bit more appreciation could be shown to the admin/mods who work hard and or pay for this place to make it what it is.

Sometimes I am amazed they stick around as long as they do with all the complaining.

TD

Celerystalksme
06-11-2004, 03:13 PM
:helpsmile:

J'Pol
06-11-2004, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by tracydani@11 June 2004 - 13:13
Actually, I am not sure why you took it that way. It was just intended to point out that all the things people keep complaining about aren&#39;t really that big a deal. Maybe if they realize that then a bit more appreciation could be shown to the admin/mods who work hard and or pay for this place to make it what it is.

Sometimes I am amazed they stick around as long as they do with all the complaining.

TD
I took it this way and thought that it made good points, in a novel and interesting way.

It really pointed out that all we are getting just now is people complaining and going OTT about things which really aren&#39;t that important.

Now if anyone should complain about losing posts it&#39;s me, because they are, without exception fan-tastic.

It may have come across as arrogant to some people, I wasn&#39;t one of them TD. I feel likewise.

NikkiD
06-11-2004, 03:52 PM
Yes, we&#39;re all a little sad about losing posts. I know I made some bloody brilliant ones as well.

Here was what we were faced with. Just FYI.

45,000 posts had been moved to the trash (I think that was the number, but we&#39;ve also lost posts in the team section so I could be mistaken).

When a post is moved, you don&#39;t see where that post actually came from. I would say in 90% of the posts we would have been able to decipher from the title where to move them back to. But, it would have taken a long time, as the posts are sorted by last post date, and so all mixed together. Plus, there were all the moved/deleted posts that were already in the trash to account for. At the same time, this would have used a ton of resources, and slowed the board to a crawl while it was going on.

Just telling you from a mod standpoint what would have been involved to save all of the posts.

J'Pol
06-11-2004, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by NikkiD@11 June 2004 - 17:00
Yes, we&#39;re all a little sad about losing posts. I know I made some bloody brilliant ones as well.

45,000 posts had been moved to the trash (I think that was the number, but we&#39;ve also lost posts in the team section so I could be mistaken).

When a post is moved, you don&#39;t see where that post actually came from. I would say in 90% of the posts we would have been able to decipher from the title where to move them back to. But, it would have taken a long time, as the posts are sorted by last post date, and so all mixed together. Plus, there were all the moved/deleted posts that were already in the trash to account for. At the same time, this would have used a ton of resources, and slowed the board to a crawl while it was going on.

Just telling you from a mod standpoint what would have been involved to save all of the posts.
You could just have saved mine, I think the people would have appreciated that.

Snee
06-11-2004, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by NikkiD@11 June 2004 - 17:00

That&#39;s all good and well, but the way i read this thread the original poster was whining about people potentially whining.

With a bit of kissing up at the end.

So I figure you are OT here.

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
06-11-2004, 04:29 PM
;) Hey.I made a complaining Thread so People could let out their frustration and move on.

If you do not like like that then Fuck off.Some of us are going to be here for a long time. :P

*I have been wanting to tell somebody to "Fuck Off" since I woke up.Do not take it Personnel.*

Sparkle1984
06-11-2004, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by tracydani@11 June 2004 - 10:03

Something was broke/fixed that I like/don&#39;t like... Put it back/take it away or else...
I&#39;m leaving/coming/leaving/coming/leaving again

But most importantly don&#39;t forget....

TD
The word brasslicker springs to mind &#33;&#33; it looks like a "I know better than everyone else here" attitude eeeeoooooohhhhhh&#33;&#33;&#33;

Let&#39;s write a thread complaining that someone might complain about someone complaining...... :frusty:

J'Pol
06-11-2004, 06:59 PM
I think it was in response to the complaints that had already been made, as opposed to potential complaints.

I also think that what you see as being a "brasslicker" is more akin to manners. It is however, to a certain extent in the eye of the beholder.

Rat Faced
06-11-2004, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by FuNkY CaPrIcOrN@11 June 2004 - 16:37
Do not take it Personnel.
Your planning on employing us or firing us? :blink: :unsure:

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
06-11-2004, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by Rat Faced+11 June 2004 - 16:11--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Rat Faced @ 11 June 2004 - 16:11)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-FuNkY CaPrIcOrN@11 June 2004 - 16:37
Do not take it Personnel.
Your planning on employing us or firing us? :blink: :unsure: [/b][/quote]
:lol: :P :lol:

I was still hung over when Posted that.

:lol: :P :lol:

personal&#33;personal&#33;personal&#33;

tracydani
06-11-2004, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by J&#39;Pol@11 June 2004 - 21:07
I think it was in response to the complaints that had already been made, as opposed to potential complaints.
That&#39;s exactly what it was. Thanks for the support J&#39;Pol :)

As far as licking brass is concerned, if that were the case and if I cared enough for that I would probably have far more then my current 1000 posts or so after almost 3 years here (yes 3 years, I know some of you are just getting to celebrating the forums second birthday but it&#39;s coming on 3 now ;) ).

Anyway, let&#39;s try and make this current phase of forum complaining shorter then any we have previously endured and move on.

TD

EDIT: Meant to add... The bit about thanks to those that matter is not limited to the mods/admin but to the members who make this board what it is without getting excited about trivial things.

Cheese
06-11-2004, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by tracydani+11 June 2004 - 20:38--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (tracydani &#064; 11 June 2004 - 20:38)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-J&#39;Pol@11 June 2004 - 21:07

As far as licking brass is concerned, if that were the case and if I cared enough for that I would probably have far more then my current 1000 posts or so after almost 3 years here (yes 3 years, I know some of you are just getting to celebrating the forums second birthday but it&#39;s coming on 3 now ;) ).

Anyway, let&#39;s try and make this current phase of forum complaining shorter then any we have previously endured and move on.

TD

EDIT: Meant to add... The bit about thanks to those that matter is not limited to the mods/admin but to the members who make this board what it is without getting excited about trivial things. [/b][/quote]
Funny. I thought this forum just celebrated it&#39;s second birthday... :blink:

In fact going by your join date you haven&#39;t even been here 2 years yet.... :blink:

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
06-11-2004, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by Withcheese@11 June 2004 - 17:00
:o Shit withcheese&#33;I told my self like 2 weeks ago that it was coming up and forgot.Thanks for reminding me.We need a Thread&#33; :01:

internet.news
06-11-2004, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by Withcheese+11 June 2004 - 22:00--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Withcheese @ 11 June 2004 - 22:00)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by tracydani@11 June 2004 - 20:38
<!--QuoteBegin-J&#39;Pol@11 June 2004 - 21:07

TD

EDIT: Meant to add... The bit about thanks to those that matter is not limited to the mods/admin but to the members who make this board what it is without getting excited about trivial things.
Funny. I thought this forum just celebrated it&#39;s second birthday... :blink: [/b][/quote]
4th actually (in 2 months) ;)

tracydani
06-11-2004, 09:55 PM
LOL you&#39;re absolutely right. My wife took over the computer when I realized the mistake I made. Couldn&#39;t do a second edit before everyone read that :lol:

TD

Cheese
06-11-2004, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by FuNkY CaPrIcOrN+11 June 2004 - 21:01--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (FuNkY CaPrIcOrN &#064; 11 June 2004 - 21:01)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Withcheese@11 June 2004 - 17:00
:o Shit withcheese&#33;I told my self like 2 weeks ago that it was coming up and forgot.Thanks for reminding me.We need a Thread&#33; :01: [/b][/quote]
It was yesterday two years ago that the forum opened if you go by VB&#39;s join date. :)

Barbarossa
06-21-2004, 12:12 PM
Time flies when you&#39;re having fun... ;)

lynx
06-21-2004, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by barbarossa@21 June 2004 - 12:20
Time flies
No doubt these come from eternal maggots. :rolleyes: