PDA

View Full Version : What Is A Good Format For Music

Mïcrösöül°V³
06-14-2004, 03:54 AM
what is the best format to have on my webpage so as to ease the download time for peeps? :)

Ariel_001
06-14-2004, 04:32 AM
MP3 format is good because:

1. It is a universal format that is relatively high quality.
2. Can be read by anyone with a modern operation system or even relatively old OS. (Did you know there is a mp3 player for both dos and win 3.1) :lol: B)

bob_the_alien
06-14-2004, 08:48 PM
Are you actually embedding it into the page, from the topic that's what I take it your saying, if you are, then first I must say I don't recommend it, cuz most people hate the embedded music on a website. Also if you really must embed music on a page, then go with midi, will be a much, much smaller file size, and will download rather quickly for the dial-up users out there.

If you are just adding a music file to the page to download though, go with Ariel's suggestion, mp3 is fairly small, and it is a universal music format, so no one should have any problem at all playing it.

tesco
06-14-2004, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by bob_the_alien@14 June 2004 - 15:56
Are you actually embedding it into the page, from the topic that's what I take it your saying, if you are, then first I must say I don't recommend it, cuz most people hate the embedded music on a website.
Have you heard the music on his website? :lol:

vegeta
06-15-2004, 04:40 PM
if i have the option i would go for mp3

Mïcrösöül°V³
06-15-2004, 09:35 PM
i like to put goofy music on my page. i usually change it when im drunk. i do it just for fun. :P

Rip The Jacker
06-15-2004, 10:21 PM
Hi Mircosoul. :)

If you are going to put music on your website, it'd be best to give the option to turn it off. Some sites have music controls, or some sites say things like "Press 'S' to stop the music," you know, stuff like that. This would be good because some people don't like music on a site.

Mïcrösöül°V³
06-16-2004, 03:48 AM
Originally posted by Rip The Jacker@15 June 2004 - 17:29
Hi Mircosoul. :)

If you are going to put music on your website, it'd be best to give the option to turn it off. Some sites have music controls, or some sites say things like "Press 'S' to stop the music," you know, stuff like that. This would be good because some people don't like music on a site.
i will see about doing that rip :)

Captain Nemo
06-16-2004, 05:15 AM
Try adding this to the bottom of your page, it will have a small web browser player that has stop,play and pause functions,...

<center><embed src="eatthepoop.mp3" loop=true autostart=true hidden=false></center>

Lmfao @ the music :lol:

I may just bookmark your page for a good laugh, every now and then :music1: