PDA

View Full Version : Ffs

kaiweiler
06-15-2004, 11:30 PM
Hey, just flashed to the supposedly best bios (trats d24) for the NF7-S and now on startup and shutdown I get many memory errors. They look like this:
Image Resized
http://img48.photobucket.com/albums/v147/kaiweiler/un717l3d.jpg' width='200' height='120' border='0' alt='click for full size view'> ('http://img48.photobucket.com/albums/v147/kaiweiler/un717l3d.jpg')
I tried running at all stock settings with no avail, anyone know my problem here??
With my old bios I had an fsb of 213 with ram timings at 11-3-3-2.5 with no errors
For now I can just hit "OK" untill they go away and windows loads fine after that and is prime stable

Specifics:
Abit NF7-S rev2.0
2x256 PC3200 Hynix
Athlon 2500+ Barton (non mobile)

Already ran Memtest for quite a while with no errors, as seen below
[img]http://img48.photobucket.com/albums/v147/kaiweiler/memtest.jpg
So I don't think it's physical memory
Any ideas?

Tormentor
06-15-2004, 11:38 PM
Go back to old bios. Or reflash?

kaiweiler
06-15-2004, 11:42 PM
I know, but I would like to see if I could fix this error as these bios are apparantly the best for overclocking, which I do a lot of...

Tormentor
06-15-2004, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by kaiweiler@15 June 2004 - 16:50
I know, but I would like to see if I could fix this error as these bios are apparantly the best for overclocking, which I do a lot of...
Have you tried to reflash them?

kaiweiler
06-15-2004, 11:44 PM
Yes, I only get this error with these bios, maybe my first post was unclear...

Tormentor
06-15-2004, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by kaiweiler@15 June 2004 - 16:52
Yes, I only get this error with these bios, maybe my first post was unclear...
Your first post was clear but i was unsure if you did or not because you didnt say so in your 2nd post. Sorry.

kaiweiler
06-16-2004, 12:03 AM
Alright
Tried flashing to tictac's modded bios as well, same error :angry:
I would immediatly blame my ram, however it passed numerous runs of Memtest with no errors whatsoever...

Tormentor
06-16-2004, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by kaiweiler@15 June 2004 - 17:11
Alright
Tried flashing to tictac's modded bios as well, same error :angry:
I would immediatly blame my ram, however it passed numerous runs of Memtest with no errors whatsoever...
Do you have a friend that would let you borrow his ram? To see if thats the problem>?

kaiweiler
06-16-2004, 12:13 AM
dammit, now I have no idea what the problem is anymore
I tried the trats d24, tictac's, and Abit's newest release of their bios, and all have given me the errors now! Abit's didn't at first, but after trying tictac's and then trying ABIT's again, I got the errors :(
really confused now as what it could be...could it be a virtual memory problem maybe??

lynx
06-16-2004, 12:19 AM
Microsoft systems from win2k onwards (in otherwords 2k & XP atm) remap memory so that there is NO memory at 0x00000000. Before this, system memory was located in this area. This is a deliberate policy to prevent accidental access to system memory by drivers, and also to trap software errors.

This means that it can't possibly be a memory problem, what you are seeing is a software trap. Why it is suddenly happening is a deeper mystery. Have you tried reloading/upgrading your chipset drivers?

kaiweiler
06-16-2004, 12:25 AM
Thanks lynx, you sure know your stuff....
I'll try reinstalling chipset drivers then and see how that goes.
One question? why does it say Memory can't be written if it's not a memory issue?
Thanks again

kaiweiler
06-16-2004, 12:44 AM
Blah, Reinstalling chipset drivers didn't fix it, any other ideas lynx??
or anyone else for that matter?
Come on people, you've gotta at least have an idea of what could be wrong! I've already tried all my ideas to no avail :frusty:

lynx
06-16-2004, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by kaiweiler@16 June 2004 - 00:33
Thanks lynx, you sure know your stuff....
I'll try reinstalling chipset drivers then and see how that goes.
One question? why does it say Memory can't be written if it's not a memory issue?
Thanks again
There's no memory at 0x00000000.

So you can't possibly write to it. :rolleyes:

lynx
06-16-2004, 12:56 AM
Didn't quite understand some of your earlier posts, did you keep a copy of your original bios.

If so, have you tried flashing that version back?

Secondly, are you certain you've set the bios settings back to what they were before you flashed? That can sometimes cause problems.

tesco
06-16-2004, 01:02 AM
could be very obvious, but have u tried resetting the cmos :lol: :lol: :lol:

ya, other than that, to me it would be easiest to just reinstall windows, but pretty much everyone else is to stubborn to be bothered doing it :rolleyes:

just a sugestion, try running a repair install?

kaiweiler
06-16-2004, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004@15 June 2004 - 21:10
could be very obvious, but have u tried resetting the cmos :lol: :lol: :lol:
only about a hundred times :rolleyes:
@lynx I tried flashing back to my original bios, but again got the error :unsure: , not sure what the problem is

clocker
06-16-2004, 03:45 AM
Damn, K, sorry to hear about this.
That BIOS worked without a hitch for me.

So, so far you've tried:
-resetting CMOS
-reflashing the BIOS
-reinstalling chipset drivers
...and none of that helped.

But you can boot into Windows, right?
Do you get this error message if you boot into Safe Mode?
Have you tried F8> Last known good configuration?

Just tossing out ideas here.

kaiweiler
06-16-2004, 04:02 AM
I can boot into windows fine and everything works fine, so I do not even know what the error is doing really, but I get about 6 similar errors in a row on startup, on shutdown, and when I log off
yet everything seems to work fine.
I'll try safe mode, stupid me never even thought about that :frusty:
It's been a long night, and had to write exams today too so my brain is not working to good at the moment
we'll see
thanks for the suggestions clocker
your a smart guy and always a good help!

kaiweiler
06-16-2004, 04:15 AM
a small possibly important update,
Still get the errors when booting into safe mode...