PDA

View Full Version : Got A 600mb File Off Overnet

Haz
06-16-2004, 09:31 AM
I grabbed a game/iso off Overnet, over 600 mb's and mounted it with Daemon tools but its...blank I guess, I go into the cd drive and it says that the space is full but theres nothing there! :blink: It's blank, tried opening it with winrar, no go, changed the extension to a few other things like .exe and nothing.

This happened once before with another iso and I dumped it figuring it was a fake but now I'm wondering if it something I'm not doing right. Anybody know?

Thanx :)

AndrewBarker
06-16-2004, 11:51 AM
use WinISO or similar, to look at the original downloaded file

Haz
06-16-2004, 12:07 PM
Nothing :(

Winiso says its an invalid image or some crap, Winrar says no archives found, and it's just blank mounted on Daemon Tools,

Think I&#39;ve been had <_<

Vargas
06-16-2004, 12:24 PM
one way to avoid "being had" is to expand tree view on files youre downloading, by clicking the lil [+] thingie, and looking at the filenames the users with 100% of the file have it named.
if you see unrelated filenames, or bad filenames, there is a good chance it&#39;s a bad file

chinook_apache
06-16-2004, 03:53 PM
am i right in saying overnet used ed2k files? well if it does you should really go on a site which have verified ed2k links,

i use fileheavn dot org for any files i wanna download from emule. 100% of the time the files have been correct&#33; ;)

Haz
06-16-2004, 06:09 PM
Yeah Overnet uses ed2k, thanks for the recommendation, I&#39;ll check that site out, thank ya :)

Yeah I should start doing the tree view thing little more, just so used to NOT getting fakes on Overnet, out of all the gb&#39;s I&#39;ve gotten on there maybe got one or two fakes, but ah well.